GAME interviews Gabe Newell

Axyon

Reaction score
The UK based games retailer, GAME has interviewed Gabe Newell. It may be brief, but it does pry out some new information about the game; examples being third party server browsers and the SDK release date. However, the most interesting section was the answer Gabe gave to being asked what else there was to offer other than gunplay survival techniques:

"GAME: It seems like guns alone won't be enough - what else can you use to survive?

Gabe: I was showing some people down in Hollywood the game last week, and was going through zombie town, showing how I could "Rambo" my way through with guns a-blazin, or I could "MacGyver" my way through by paying attention to the world and being clever (it's easier to be clever when you helped design the level, of course). We're trying pretty hard to reward people for thinking about what's in front of them and the tools the world gives them that could be useful."

Interesting stuff... be sure to read it here, you have to browse down to the "Editorial" section and open the "Interview" tab.

There was a thread on game.net which you could post in to ask questions to gabe, which is what the interview really is above. Shame that the thread was rushed and gave forum users half a day to post the above questions.

Back