Gamescom 2013

lordkarnage

Headcrab
Reaction score
SO like where can i watch valve's gamescom conference or is the internet being a lying sack of [REDACTED] [REDACTED] as usual and they're not attending?

Attachments

• 1150997_10200147921891906_1059415520_n.jpg
    1150997_10200147921891906_1059415520_n.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 448
I find it confusing. Several different sources said they were going to be there. However, in one particular article, the author said a few major game companies that were supposedly going to be there, including Valve and Epic, were not present (at least not where he could see them).

I've had a feeling that if Valve was going to be there, they were not going to do anything noteworthy. I personally think that when Valve is going to announce something, it is going to be a very big announcement, including a new game, Source 2 (since Gaben said Source 2 wouldn't be announced unless there was a game to show it off with), and perhaps the Steam Box, though I'm not exactly sure if Valve is having any luck in the hardware department. Therefore, I think that we'd have some indication that Valve was about to do something beforehand. Maybe an ARG?

The only cold hard evidence i could find of them going is that on gamescom's site it shows the exact location of their conference.otherwise the internet has 0 info..

The only cold hard evidence i could find of them going is that on gamescom's site it shows the exact location of their conference.otherwise the internet has 0 info..
Apparently, the floor opens for everyone in four hours (it's currently 5 am in Cologne). I'm sure that information will begin to trickle out throughout the morning.

Since there was no word from Valve on the first day (the exclusive trade/media day, according to the site), I doubt Valve will announce anything. At the most, we'll get a Dota 2 interview.

Nope.

Edit: Pfft, and this is my 1000th post. Since 2004. Jebus.

SO like where can i watch valve's gamescom conference or is the internet being a lying sack of [REDACTED] [REDACTED] as usual and they're not attending?

Just because Valve is attending Gamescom means they have to host a conference? Wrong.

Valve attend Gamescom every year, but they pretty much always spend the time talking with other developers for Steam or discussing partnerships. Don't expect to see Left 4 Dead 3, Source 2, Half-Life 3 or even the Steambox. While the Steambox may crop up, the other 'options' are so far off you may as well not get your hopes up.

Just because Valve is attending Gamescom means they have to host a conference? Wrong.

Valve attend Gamescom every year, but they pretty much always spend the time talking with other developers for Steam or discussing partnerships. Don't expect to see Left 4 Dead 3, Source 2, Half-Life 3 or even the Steambox. While the Steambox may crop up, the other 'options' are so far off you may as well not get your hopes up.

well technically i didnt say they HAD to,but after keeping quiet for so long,how can they NOT have something to say? especially after completely skipping e3...

well technically i didnt say they HAD to,but after keeping quiet for so long,how can they NOT have something to say? especially after completely skipping e3...

You mean so shortly after getting their most recent game out of the door AND hosting the world's biggest esporting event? All while developing a next generation engine and multiple unknown games behind the scenes.

Haven't they skipped E3 for years now? I mean, there hasn't been much since 2010 when they showed Portal 2 at E3.

Back