Garrys mod V7 shots

Yea, very nice stuff, but I'm currently more interested in the Pilotable Strider mod...I've played around with Garry's mod enough.

Unless Garry comes up with something cooler than that.

if theres a new version then will all of the previous saved games i made still work?

Hmm how about,

Gmod or Ultimate Construction Mod

Zeus said:
Hmm how about,

Gmod or Ultimate Construction Mod

gmod is nice, ultimate construction mod sounds like a wrestling competition.

Wow, dynamic lights like that in Source are almost surreal considering the general lack of usage thus far...

Cypher19 said:
Wow, dynamic lights like that in Source are almost surreal considering the general lack of usage thus far...

It's a flashlight tied to a lamp model. No dynamic shadows.

Yeah its just the same as a regular lamp except u can move it around, the dynamic lighting is still doo-doo

Man this guy is going crazy. Very nice.

Wow, I can't wait. :) No wonder they call him the man who never sleeps.

Wow! i know this has been said before but he is one fast modder. Does he have a team or is he by himself?

BTW: I also think Garry's mod is kinda weak but i do like G-mod, so maybe we will get lucky and he will change the name by v10 or something.

The Thing said:
It's a flashlight tied to a lamp model. No dynamic shadows.

Who said anything about dynamic shadows? It's just that considering that basically every light out there is static, it looks odd almost.

kinda of a n00b question but im no good at knowing this stuff
whats dynamic shadows?

the game supports dynamic lights (not simply flashlights ala previous posts)...

dynaic lights does not equal dynamic shadows.

shadows are controled from an entire world entity

What's wrong with Garry's Mod? My name is Garry, and anyone will tell you I'm pretty damn awesome, so I figure it's a suiting name for a mod that is, well, awesome.

Garry's Mod is a lot of fun if you have enough skill and patience to build all kinds of things. I have neither, so I just put ragdolls into funny positions

Garry's Mod is a lot of fun if you have enough skill and patience to build all kinds of things. I have neither, so I just put ragdolls into funny positions

download buildingblock_final, and attach ballons evenly to the sides of the plane (while ur inside it). see how long you can stay on for :D (i can stay on forever :p ) thats fun. v7 should be good!

I find it quite boring now, so you can add lights and stuff....Still just seems a bit boring.

Ranga said:
download buildingblock_final, and attach ballons evenly to the sides of the plane (while ur inside it). see how long you can stay on for :D (i can stay on forever :p ) thats fun. v7 should be good!

That sounds like fun. I also made that funny trick with the plane where you attach it to the pole with a rope, then add some canisters and watch it circle in the air around the pole forever

I saw it at the Garry'sMod forums

Hmmm, still no sign of a normal set of weapons :(

That's what I really want, so I can piss about with the physics and still play the game normally

that looks awsome, now i can use that pitch black room cuz im not costantly pressing flashlight on-flashlight off-flashlight on-ect

Overwatch said:
No dynamic shadows :( It looks pretty crappy IMO

Why do you expect dynamic shadows if the source engine doesn't support them? I don't see how a mod would magically add dynamic shadows...

I'm just not creative enough to have tons of fun with Garry's mod :p V7 will make welding easier I see. That's cool.

AmishSlayer said:
I'm just not creative enough to have tons of fun with Garry's mod :p
Quoted For Truth

That's why I really don't play it, no creativity in me :(

tuemmykids said:
Why do you expect dynamic shadows if the source engine doesn't support them? I don't see how a mod would magically add dynamic shadows...

I don't expect them, i just say say the mod looks crappy without them. Having someone stand in a light, their shadow pointing in the wrong direction really ruins the immersion :(

Now with placeable lights this problem is even more obvious.

That's why I really don't play it, no creativity in me
I got no creativity..but does that stop me from trying to be creative?
Nope.

I play Gmod more than anything. Especially since v6. He is certainly beating JBMod into the ground. Leafblower? Ha!

Hmm what can I say except....

....LMAO @ leafblower !

Jbmod has an entire team yet they can't get one version out the door but Garry's mod has one guy doing EVERYTHING and he's coming out with a new version every other week. Quite strange if you ask me.

Do you post on the Gmod forums? I assumed leafblower was pretty much an injoke over there.

I don't think anyone plays jbmod anymore anyways... seriously, it's been ages since the last jbmod version, garrysmod now has way more features than jbmod, but peope continue to fuel this silly fued between the two mods. :|

Reginald said:
Do you post on the Gmod forums? I assumed leafblower was pretty much an injoke over there.

jbmod is adding a leafblower model to one of their weapons.

Cypher19 said:
Yeah, I wonder why Valve didn't use them in Half-Life 2?

Back