*gasp*another Father Gregori question

do you think Gregori dies?

• Yes,the fire goes out,but he gets beaten by the remaining zombies

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
C

Cavalry

at the end of the Ravenholm chapter we saw Gregori entire the crypt and blow up the 4 propane tanks
so,do you think Father Gregori dies?

No way - Gregori lives, man.
He is the best vicar out there - I think he should be involved some how in the future Half Life's!
I mean, c'mon! Gregori is mysterious and mystical - a little bit like Gman, we dont know what drives him or who he really is, and legends dont die.

Apart from Frodo Baggins.

Its deliberately vague enough so that if valve wanted to bring him back they could do.

true,but,why would Valve make the fire surround the entire crypt doorway?

true,but,why would Valve make the fire surround the entire crypt doorway?

Gas pipes beneath them, and shooting the barrels triggered the pipes to explode?

Actualy, I think Valve didnt know themselves. It's all part of the mystery and confusion within Ravenholm.

Stupid question because Grigori in the game can die or live in that sequence. Once he gets you through the gate he's no longer a nessisary character and can die.

I'm pretty sure it's meant that he dies, he's standing in fire, surrounded by lots of zombies. laughing hysterically.

Doubt he died. He was the one that laid the trap to set the zombies on fire; it was the same sort of traps he laid all throughout Ravenholm. It makes perfect sense, actually - pick a very defensible location (a crypt with only one door in, surrounded by concrete, that you can shoot through) and lay a fire trap in front of it. Zombies catch on fire, and you pick them off as they stagger toward you. They can't sneak up behind or beside you.

I didn't see a suicidal man - I saw a man with a plan...

Probably an ancillary character not meant to be seen outside of Ravenholm. It would be pretty damn wierd and awkward if he just showed up in the Arctic in Episode Three.

Will he be seen in later installments? Possibly. Is it likely? Not at all.

I think he gets away using something inside the crypt, since he always had tricks up his sleeve, but it's obviously a detail that's to be left to your imagination and basically, a matter of preference. Despite thinking he stays alive, I suspect Valve will never use him again. He's bordering on madness and he's clearly inseparable from Ravenholm, thematically AND story-wise: I mean, Black Mesa East is practically next-door and he presumably knew it was there. With BME attacked by the combine, he must have been even further isolated from the resistance.

I think if Grigori was supposed to be sacrificing himself for your sake, they'd have made something more of it. I think it's more fitting to imagine he's still there, haunting the place, occasionally offering a helping hand to anyone who loses themselves in the town, fighting a never-ending battle for the souls of his congregation.

They should make an off-game where you get to play as him..or a side game where you have to kill as many zombies in ravenholm as possible.

Whether alive or dead, Father Grigori will live on in our hearts, forever. Aim for the head indeed.

I think he's still alive. I'm pretty sure during the initial days of the outbreak he was in harrier situations than the one we left him in.

I think he's still alive. I'm pretty sure during the initial days of the outbreak he was in harrier situations than the one we left him in.

I'd like to know where the HELL he got so much ammo from. Ravenholm must have been one JACKPOT of a Resistance outpost.

The only thing I can say with confidence is that he's not definitely, canonically dead. Had it been Valve's intention to make him so, they would have left more tnagible eveidence of his demise (as they did with the unfortunate Manhack Matt in RC). Personally, I don't care. I love undisclosed content and wish there were more of it.

And he won't be back. As Riomhaire said, it's possible for G to die onscreen after he's let you through the gate. So, just as certainly as he's not definitely dead, he's not definitely alive. Like the safe cracker, Cam, in GTA: Vice City, it's possible for him to live or die after he's fulfilled his role in the game Either way, you don't see him again.

To be honest, I have never seen Grigori actually run inside the crypt, hundreds of zombies just pour out from no where while you stand behind a nice fence and here, 'I am outnumbered...' lol, But i dont think hes dead, he is probs still alive after EP2, because the coast is out of the 'several miles radius' of city 17.

He isn't 1st day in Ravenholm its normal for him to kill 10110101 zombies per day ^^

at the end of the Ravenholm chapter we saw Gregori entire the crypt and blow up the 4 propane tanks
so,do you think Father Gregori dies?

It didn't happen. Whatever you thought you saw, didn't happen.

To reiterate what I've said previously:

I don't believe Jesus could come back to life.

But Father Grigori? He might pull it off.

shouldnt grigori of gone boom aling witht the citadel though, or is ravenholme outside the city? I didnt think it was necause i never remeber really crossigna boundary to mark you where out

@ellimanest
ravenholm is outside the city, all the way along from BME which is quite far from C17

I didnt think it was necause i never remeber really crossigna boundary to mark you where out
You see the Citadel getting smaller and smaller in your trip in Highway 17. To the point where you can barely see it (I think you can't even see it at all) when you get to the Helicopter battle. That's your signpost.

You see the Citadel getting smaller and smaller in your trip in Highway 17.

Water Hazard, you mean? If so, when exactly do you last see the Citadel? At the point you first encounter the chopper, or shortly before the final encounter?

You're definitely moving away from the citadel at Water Hazard. Couldn't tell you about Highway 17, I'd probably have guessed you were moving roughly in a cirumference.

You could always stick together the maps to find out.

Father Gregori's got the skills that kills. If he ran out of ammo, he'd start using his teeth to fight off zombies. Seriously.

Doubt he died. He was the one that laid the trap to set the zombies on fire; it was the same sort of traps he laid all throughout Ravenholm. It makes perfect sense, actually - pick a very defensible location (a crypt with only one door in, surrounded by concrete, that you can shoot through) and lay a fire trap in front of it. Zombies catch on fire, and you pick them off as they stagger toward you. They can't sneak up behind or beside you.

I didn't see a suicidal man - I saw a man with a plan...

For once, something we can agree on, mate!

In my mind, concerning the story, that was father Gregori's dramatic last stand, where he dramatically blows away zombies, flanked by fire, while quoting religious maxims with righteous indignation and laughing maniacally. After an unnatural duration of this, he uses his last shell to puncture fuel reservoir and Kaboom.

He dies eventually.. it was his Alamo, he's a creature purely of ravenholm and we will not see him again

I'm surprised though that no one has suggested, and there wasn't a poll option of:

Father Gregori is still blasting zombies with his 12 gage.

I haven't seen a man work a double barrel shotgun like that since a certain space marine in Doom 2.

On an unrelated note - we need a Father Gregori reference, or easter egg in Left 4 Dead. That would make me smile.

Well, I bet there has been quite a madness while it all got canistered by crabs, thus the monk aims always heads, thus he could be alive. Not sure. By the way... where the hell does he get food?

Back