Gears of War 2 Leaked.

Dog--

The Freeman
Reaction score
I have no articles or anything, but I've seen 'things' on some 'sites'.

lol.

Oh lol.

Cliff "PC Gaming Is Piracy So We Are Gonna Whore Out To Console Kiddies" Brzezinski should eat out his heart right now.

Oh man. Cliffy is gonna be pissed. :LOL:

its been out on torrent sites for a while now
saw a guy streaming on jtv the other day

2wg7h4i.jpg

It got leaked...so the console kids are getting..free....BUWAHAHA

Irony is beautiful.

I think I'm going to download it just to insult CliffyB.

Should we e-mail him? Something like:

"Dear CliffyB, it has come apparent to us PC users that the console version of Gears of War 2 has been leaked prior to the release date. Could you please port the game so that we may also play the game before release?

- Loyal fan"

He's a pretty cool guy who isn't scared of anything. Except pirates.

Yes, console games get leaked, too. The points remains that it requires way less effort to play stolen games on the PC, so Cliff didn't really get "pwnt" at all. I'm sure it will still massively outsell most anything including the original Gears.

You can cheaply buy a banned modchipped Xbox 360 on EBay to run pirated games.

Not comparing like for like at all. This thread fails ;)

It's sad that developers still haven't realised that piracy is a console thing now aswell. Infact more high profile 360 games have been leaked earlier than the PC versions. At least with the PC version you can upgrade the protection system and delay the leak, where as there is nothing you can do for the 360.

Such a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny percentage of console gamers pirate games compared to the legions that do on the PC (and that's including the DS/R4). Pretty much everyone I know who games on the PC either pirates regularly or has done so at least once or twice over the years. It's the opposite with consoles - a minority chip their 360/DC/PS2 and have little/no affect on the industry.

Such a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny percentage of console gamers pirate games compared to the legions that do on the PC (and that's including the DS/R4). Pretty much everyone I know who games on the PC either pirates regularly or has done so at least once or twice over the years. It's the opposite with consoles - a minority chip their 360/DC/PS2 and have little/no affect on the industry.

What do you base your statement on, I'm curious?

I think knowing enough gamers off and online gives a pretty good indication of how rife pirating on the PC is compared to on consoles. When it's as obvious as this, there's no need for statistical evidence.

Most console gamers don't even know that they could pirate games, let alone how it would be done.

True Warbie, plud most consol gamers are chav townies that steal games from Tescos/Asda and have no idea what modding is

With big pre-release leaks like this though I expect more people will start pirating - people who didn't realise they could do it will hear about these big leaks.

Many are put off by MS catching on and suddely their 360 no longer works online. I imagine Sony do something similar?. Everyone I know who does pirate 360 games does so on a seperate console they use just for that purpose.

And those consoles are cheaply available for buying.

And I don't think you realize Warble, that you knowing "enough" gamers does not constitute a representative research sample.

I don't deny that console piracy goes on, but am certain it doesn't have anywhere near the impact that piracy does to PC gaming. I go to console lan parties, arcade meets, know loads of of console gamers, and very few pirate. A few have an R4, dl DC roms, have had chipped PS2/360s etc, but it's pretty minor. Consider also that these guys are far more in the know than the average console gamer who wouldn't know what a torrent was if it was sitting on his face. Now compare this to PC lan events, and the people I play with regularly online - pirating is everywhere.

Out of curiosity, how many guys do you lot know who pirate console games? How many do you know who pirate games on the PC?

Around where I live, console piracy is a lot more abundant than PC piracy.
I definitely know more people who have modded consoles and buy or download pirate games.

Around where I live, console piracy is a lot more abundant than PC piracy.
I definitely know more people who have modded consoles and buy or download pirate games.

Middlesborough doesn't count - you're all thieving shites up there! ;)

The points remains that it requires way less effort to play stolen games on the PC.

The problem is no one anywhere has any numbers to back up such statements. Getting your console chipped and buying copies through a pirate is much easier than downloading isos, mounting them, installing, cracking, getting infected by a load of crap, etc. Stop spreading misinformation kthnx.

I don't deny that console piracy goes on, but am certain it doesn't have anywhere near the impact that piracy does to PC gaming. I go to console lan parties, arcade meets, know loads of of console gamers, and very few pirate. A few have an R4, dl DC roms, have had chipped PS2/360s etc, but it's pretty minor. Consider also that these guys are far more in the know than the average console gamer who wouldn't know what a torrent was if it was sitting on his face. Now compare this to PC lan events, and the people I play with regularly online - pirating is everywhere.

Out of curiosity, how many guys do you lot know who pirate console games? How many do you know who pirate games on the PC?

We don't talk about our computers during our meets. We drink.

Reminder to self: Do not nuke Middlesborough.

Zomg! another Xbox AAA title got leaked!

i'm pretty sure this has happened with every major xbox game that's ever come out. . .

Piracy is indeed killing PC gaming. If I had a 360 I could have played CoD4, Bioshock, Far Cry 2, Dead
Space, Fallout 3, Vegas 1 & 2, Grid, Dirt, Assassins Creed, SOF Payback, DMC4, Star Wars Force
Unleashed all weeks earlier then on the PC, seeing as all of those titles got pirated first on console.

And being a member of a couple nice private sites, which I do not use off course, I can see just how
****ing much console games get pirated.

What is also killing PC gaming is that it's actual install base you know the one that can
actually run the game smoothly without shit graphics is that much smaller then on the
consoles, that it's initial investment is pretty ****ing high, that you have to constantly worry
if games will work and how they will look especially 3 years down the line, that no owns the
platform and can hog the big exclusives, that it's more expensive to develop for, that it's
gamers base is made of retards that murder a kitten any time a designer tries to be sensible
and makes a game accessible or unf*cks the controls.

It's just the majority of console gamers don't care to learn how to pirate games. They just want to play their Halo 3 or Madden, and really the only console around here that gets hacked is the PSP(which, really, is the best thing you can do for it.). In my neighborhood, most of the people here are dumbasses who couldn't pirate a game if they wanted to.

Piracy isn't killing PC gaming, crap developers using piracy as an excuse to turn to consoles are.

Back