Generals 2

kill yourself for opening this thread.

\o/

All I can say, really. I liked Generals and hopefully, they'll include more realistic scale in the game. Giant infantry from Gen1 was annoying.

Bioware?
Franchise death inbound.

I loved Generals, great news.
However, it's very strange to see Orcas(?) and orange painted tanks (GDI?) in this...

I loved Generals, great news.
However, it's very strange to see Orcas(?) and orange painted tanks (GDI?) in this...

Perhaps, but I hope they put a lot of over the top tech and units like in the previous Generals. Stuff like the overlord tank, particle cannon, etc.

C&C3 was the last good C&C game, hopefully things will change with this one.

Yuri's Revenge is the last good C&C game.

Ah generals was great. It was the last one that even felt like c&c. Hope its better then anything from recent years

Victory Games are the ones that are actually developing it.
Bioware's just a big name to slap on it.

Can't say I'm excited or upset over this news really, Generals was fun and all but I never really thought about a sequel to it.

Generals was the last C&C game worth giving the slightest shit about, but still:

Not Renegade? Not interested.

You'd think they'd know what a gem they had there. I would buy the SHIT out of Renegade HD or something like that, if they didn't touch the gameplay but just updated the graphics and netcode and all that.

As much as I love my C&C games prior and including RA2. I think the franchise needs a complete reboot but should stick to the source material.

Also I could never understand why generals was branded with the C&C name. It always felt like a marketing ploy because EA was worried it wouldn't sell well.

Victory Games are the ones that are actually developing it.
Bioware's just a big name to slap on it.

Can't say I'm excited or upset over this news really, Generals was fun and all but I never really thought about a sequel to it.
Oh good.

I love RTS games. I love C&C. I love Bioware. The perfect storm.

You'd think they'd know what a gem they had there. I would buy the SHIT out of Renegade HD or something like that, if they didn't touch the gameplay but just updated the graphics and netcode and all that.
Do you know about Renegade X?

I love RTS games. I love C&C. I love Bioware. The perfect storm.

Who could possibly deny that games aren't art form after games like Dragons Age 2?

"When you press a button, something awesome has to happen."

Generals was the last C&C game worth giving the slightest shit about, but still:

The problem with Renegade was that the good part of it (the multiplayer) was literally tacked-on in the last few months of development. The bit they spent the money on (the single player) was just some generic crap, really. The game didn't sell too well, the in-development sequel was canned, and another nail was hammered into Westwood Studios' coffin.

Anyone who claims the same people who made Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect are now developing Generals 2 is, well, silly, to say the least. The core game is being developed by Victory Games, part of which is Jon Van Caneghem, the guy behind Might & Magic, particularly Heroes of Might & Magic III.

L2Rsrch

Guarantee you that if this game goes well then they will look at Renegade.

Guarantee you that if this game goes well then they will look at Renegade.

Guarantee you they won't. They already ditched another in-development C&C FPS a while back.

jackie-chan-meme1.jpg

It's perfectly logical. F2P games make a lot of money. EA likes money. Therefore it makes sense to turn any IP into a F2P game.

Can't they just... you know, make the game and sell it?

This move allows "gamers complete access****** to the cutting-edge visuals, sound and destruction of a full, AAA strategy game – for free," as EA puts it.

* Nope.
* Nope.
* Nope.
* Nope.
* Nope.
* Double nope.

Back