German Arrested With Kalashnikov at Russian Airport

BWMASTER

Reaction score
"German citizen has been detained at the airport of the Central Russian city of Voronezh while trying to carry Kalashnikov AKS-74U assault rifle on the board.

Kalashnikov was detected during the luggage check, Interfax news agency reported. Arms experts have arrived. They inspected the rifle and found it was unfit for action, the agency quoted a local interior official as saying.

The German told the inquiry he is a student at Voronezh Agrarian State University. He was going home for vacations. He told he bought the Kalashnikov for his collection after an announcement in a local newspaper.

The interior officials have confiscated the rifle and freed the German."

http://www.mosnews.com/news/2005/06/20/germanrifle.shtml
And A big L O L

What kind of an idiot brings a assualt rifle to an airport? Especially nowadays when people are still afraid of terrorists.

btw, OMFG! your posts are 1337!

What kind of a moron tries to carry on their firearms or other weapons.. or any potentially dangerous objects for that matter?

Don't carry on that stuff, check that luggage, or ship it to your destination.

He should NOT have tried to take a deactivated weapon on board a plane.

But is there anyway to that, I mean can you make the arrangements that you give them the gun, then they put it in a special container, and but it in the lugage, and then at your destination you get it back.

Grey Fox said:
But is there anyway to that, I mean can you make the arrangements that you give them the gun, then they put it in a special container, and but it in the lugage, and then at your destination you get it back.
I was under the impression you just checked weapons and other things banned from carryon (of course I'd find out before transporting any weapons myself to be sure)

If there isn't any way you could just send it via courier to your destination, etc.

EDIT:

From the Transportation Security Administration, July 2, 2004:

"Passengers transporting guns must carry them unloaded, in a locked,
hard-sided container, and must declare them to the airline at the
ticket counter. Then, they can be placed with checked baggage.
Ammunition must also be placed in checked baggage."
http://www.tsa.gov/public/display?theme=8&content=09000519800b4e21

The airlines seem to have similar policies.

Yes, but this isn't America where gun ownership is legal.

In this case it appears the chap was innocent but silly. A deactivated rifle isn't going to hurt anyone unless you poke them in the eye with the barrel but he should have declared it.

jonbob said:
A deactivated rifle isn't going to hurt anyone unless you poke them in the eye with the barrel

quoted for LOL

That's just stupid, you're obviously going to run into trouble trying to take a rifle, deactived or not, on a plane, in your luggage..

He should have just run in with it, holding it above his head.

jonbob said:
Yes, but this isn't America where gun ownership is legal.

In this case it appears the chap was innocent but silly. A deactivated rifle isn't going to hurt anyone unless you poke them in the eye with the barrel but he should have declared it.

it doesn't matter that it's deactivated, if he is a terrorist he can treaten people, they don't know it's deactivated.

*BANG*

/me drops computer !oh noes!

admitedly this is random, on a more "sensible" note i reckon he shoudla said i have a gun!!!! and then jsut handed it to the attendant n said thanks can i have this when i get to my destination( in a coool suave manner)

Back