Get ready for some more Red Faction mother f*ckers

What I hated about PROTOTYPE was the military. Those ****ers could be damn annoying with their endless supply of attack helicopters and super soldiers.

Once I realized just how f*cking awesome the hammertoss was I almost completely stopped using parkour and just threw myself across the city. Shit rocked. Hunters? Just switch to Hammerfists and kill them in 3 hits.

RF 1: kinda OK, but PS2 was junk, so the game sucked
RF 2: pretty fun, but now it sucks cuz it's old like Doom
RF 3: sucks cuz it doesn't exist
Infamous: It either sucks, doesn't exist, or isn't worth it.
Prototype: Sucks cuz I never tried it.

can't believe you guys didn't pick up on this:

As noted by THQ president and CEO Brian Farrell in February, Red Faction 4 had been pushed up a year to capitalize on Red Faction: Guerrilla's critical and commercial success.

usually not a good sign...well unless you're looking for signs of a rushed game, then it's a pretty good sign.

Alright, you got me, Remus. Lol

But I do prefer your grim faced "you don't have a chance in hell against me" avatar.

Meh. Looks like they turned it into a generic alien shooter. Don't see any geomod in there so the underground setting is wasted.

WELP.

Except they are not real aliens, they are the result of all those nanotech experiments in the first game...

As for geomod, I'll wait for a proper gameplay video.

why wouldn't they use geomod?

anyway, I'm looking forward to this, Guerrilla was a ton of fun

If they put Geomod in it, I'll buy it day one. Otherwise, it might be a rental. Maybe.

I really like how they took Dead Space and put it in the most boring setting possible.

:|

Edit: ^ The aliens (sorry, mutants, whatever) do look pretty darn similar to the necromorphs from Dead Space, you have to admit.

>"no geomod"
>several blatant structurally-destructive explosions in the trailer

:p
I mean blowing out the environment itself, ala RF1. That's what it was called, right? I'm well aware they still have destruction physics, given it's the same engine as Guerilla, they'd be stupid not to. I'm just wondering why they wouldn't exploit an underground environment to it's fullest, since it seems like such an obvious change.

Still though, that's just one trailer. Could be in there yet... maybe.

From the trailer, I'm getting the vibe that this will be less of a sandbox game and possibly more linear.

Just posting to say that Prototype is incredibly fun if you have the right taste/mindset.

From the trailer, I'm getting the vibe that this will be less of a sandbox game and possibly more linear.

Yes which is why if they don't include "tunnel digging" it will be a definite step backwards from Guerrilla...

Also now that I think about it, the redfaction series is all about revolution and sticking it to the man, not killing mutants...

I mean blowing out the environment itself, ala RF1. That's what it was called, right? I'm well aware they still have destruction physics, given it's the same engine as Guerilla, they'd be stupid not to. I'm just wondering why they wouldn't exploit an underground environment to it's fullest, since it seems like such an obvious change.

Still though, that's just one trailer. Could be in there yet... maybe.
Ah gotcha. I miss that version of Geomod, tunneling between hallways with rocket launchers was awesome. I'm sure that they'd be able to implement that more easily given that the game is underground now, so not all hope is lost.

RF 1: kinda OK, but PS2 was junk, so the game sucked
128807565179690126.jpg

Gotcha boys some info.

Half a century after the Red Faction resistance and their Marauder allies freed Mars from the brutal Earth Defense Force, harmony on Mars is again threatened but this time by a lethal force shrouded in mystery.

When the massive Terraformer that supplies Mars with its Earth-like air and weather is destroyed, the atmosphere turns to chaos, super-tornados and lightning storms engulf the planet. To survive, the Colonists flee to the underground mines and build a network of habitable caves.

Five years later, Darius Mason, grandson of Martian Revolution heroes Alec Mason and Samanya, runs a lucrative business from Bastion, underground hub of Colonist activity. Mining, scavenging, mercenary work--if the job is dangerous, Darius is your man. Few sane people now venture to the ravaged surface, aside from contractors like Darius and the smugglers who run goods between the settlements.

When Darius is tricked into reopening a mysterious shaft in an old Marauder temple, he releases a long-dormant evil and unleashes Armageddon on Mars. As Colonist and Marauder settlements are torn asunder, only Darius and the Red Faction can save mankind. The battle will take them across the storm-blasted planet... and below it, to the very heart of the unspeakable threat.

• Hell on Mars - Darius Mason can only watch as the surface of Mars is destroyed. Seeking solace underground, an even greater threat emerges against humanity.

• Nano Forge - Unleash the devastating force of the Nano Forge with concussive blasts, core-shattering tremblers, and bone-crushing rhino charges.

• Extermination Mode - Four players can team up online to battle back the relentless tide of attackers as the mysteries of the ancient threat continue to unfold.

• Full Destruction - Tear down separatist outposts, rip apart alien monoliths, and reconstruct colonist defenses with Geo Mod 2.0, the most advanced real-time destruction engine to date.

• Fight for Survival - Free colonists from alien cocoons, reclaim cultist fortifications on the surface, and hunt for artifacts deep within alien hives to create unthinkable advanced weaponry.

"When the terraformer on Mars breaks down the colonists flee underground BECAUSE IT'S EASIER TO BREATHE DOWN THERE DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT LOL"

The reconstruction thing sounds interesting, assuming it isn't just like that gun that restores buildings in Guerilla.

The reconstruction thing sounds interesting, assuming it isn't just like that gun that restores buildings in Guerilla.

Of course it's just like that thing in Guerrilla. Also it looks like I was wrong they are ALIENS!? :|

I want to kill dystopian soldiers with my giant hammer, and stick explosives to their faces only to watch them run around frantically, not kill aliens. :frown:

They are aliens?

I assumed they were just some form of further evolution of the mutants that Ultor created in the first Red Faction.

They are aliens?

I assumed they were just some form of further evolution of the mutants that Ultor created in the first Red Faction.

That's what I thought too, but they clearly refer to them as aliens and "ancient evil". The Ultor mutants aren't what I would call ancient at roughly 100 years old.

Doesn't sound like there will be any tunneling.

And they're jumping on the Horde mode bandwagon.

MEH.

Something also tells me this will be just like Guerrilla where it is more fun to play the game by not actually playing it.

"When the terraformer on Mars breaks down the colonists flee underground BECAUSE IT'S EASIER TO BREATHE DOWN THERE DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT LOL"
Or maybe they have smaller versions of the terraforming equipment that can only work on small enclosed spaces as opposed to the entire planet. :|

Is this definitely coming to the PC? I thought the last game sold badly on the PC....

Is this definitely coming to the PC? I thought the last game sold badly on the PC....

YeaH been confirmed for PC. I found out yesterday that Violition have patched the Windows 7/Vista speed issue with Guerrilla, so I re-installed it and have been having a blast with it. Seems to be running a lot better than it did before the patches as well. Might finally finish it now.

According to the plot info Willie provided, it doesn't sound like we'll get a chance to level large cities with Geo Mod 2.0 this time either.

It seems that the plot was conveniently created to suit current-gen technology, to avoid anything that might be too much for present day tech. Underground colonies wouldn't put much of a strain on processing capabilities as opposed to a thriving Mars colony with big cities.

I was hoping to get a chance to destroy a full-scale, fully furnished skyscraper this time. Similar to the twin skyscrapers in that challenge in Guerrilla, but not under construction. That would've been fun.

Back