Getting a job

A

aiyfyoufhl

Hello HL2.net community! I need a favor

So I am trying to apply for this Administrative Assistant job and I just finished writing my cover letter. Since, I am not a native English speaker I tend to make a lot of grammatical errors. If some of you guys could just look over my letter really quickly I see if I stumbled somewhere grammatically.
I know this makes for a poor thread but I honestly don't have anyone else to ask this time, and I am trying to apply for this job asap.
Also, some of you might be temped to goof off at my expense, but please don't. This job is very important to me and it would an indication of poor character on your part (plus bad karma). Anyway, the cover letter is below :

I read your advertisement for an Administrative Assistant with great interest and enthusiasm, as my skills and qualifications match your requirements for this position. Therefore, I am submitting my resume for your review and consideration. Please allow me to explain briefly the contribution I would make with your organization.
Through out my career, both educational and professional, I gained much experience and skills needed for this type of job. I enjoy working with people from different backgrounds and always display a positive and cooperative attitude. I am a highly organized person with a good eye for details because I believe that an organized work ethic is the key to better productivity. I work well under pressure and have the ability to manage multiple assignments in a professional manner.
In addition, my computer expertises are beyond average. I have a deep knowledge of all MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access) as well as other computer applications. Also I have the ability to solve common computer malfunctions, both software and hardware related.
Again, my resume will detail the required skills and background you seek. I would welcome the opportunity for an interview at your convenience, and I thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Sincerely,

thank you in advance guys

wat
This job is very important to me and it would an indication of poor character on your part (plus bad karma).

What the ****.

You are a single-post newbie that none of us know anything about. The message is personalised, so I don't think you're a bot; but why post here? What's your game? What are you hoping to get? Why would you use passive-agressive techniques like that to help you? I don't see any normal scam ways but I'm open to the fact that just by looking at this thread I am slowly filling my computer with malware and hatred, but seriously: What the ****?!?

I'm open to the possibility.

But why? Why ask us? Why not ask people you know? Joining to ask for help with a job applicant form? What?

On another note, if this job is going to require using a lot of english, then I recommend you don't get other people to fix up your applications, because you're going to need to use a lot of your own damn english.

But why? Why ask us? Why not ask people you know? Joining to ask for help with a job applicant form? What?

On another note, if this job is going to require using a lot of english, then I recommend you don't get other people to fix up your applications, because you're going to need to use a lot of your own damn english.

Why? People who I know are all busy right now, I just need someone to quickly look over my thing. I really don't see a big deal about it

I'm just sayin'. We can't be over your shoulder double-checking everything you do. Might as well get used to it now.

/EDIT Thanks Kami, I thought he looked familiar.

Jesus Jintor, your blowing this out of proportion. Either help or bugger off, he's just looking for some assistance.

Forget the grammatical errors. The cover letter as a whole isn't good.

You can't just state the fact that you have the qualities that employers are looking for... you need examples to back them up. You also need to try to relate your experience to the specific job and company to show that you've done some research on the company and position (not just general good qualities).

When I was doing my job search, I easily wrote 20+ one-page cover letters (and easily did 20+ interviews as a result :x)

AND ALWAYS put your contact info at the end of the cover letter (if you aren't just hiding it form the internets)

Jesus Jintor, your blowing this out of proportion. Either help or bugger off, he's just looking for some assistance.

thank you, I already email a copy to all my friends asking for help, and I just thought that i would not hurt to post here too, because I know that this forum is populated and is quick to respond

Forget the grammatical errors. The cover letter as a whole isn't good.

You can't just state the fact that you have the qualities that employers are looking for... you need examples to back them up. You also need to try to relate your experience to the specific job and company to show that you've done some research on the company and position (not just general good qualities).

When I was doing my job search, I easily wrote 20+ one-page cover letters (and easily did 20+ interviews as a result :x)

Thanks, you know I was looking at sample cover letters online and some of them did relate experiences to specific job but others didn't, so I went with the easier way. I wish i could easily write 20+ cover letters, i wish...

"In addition, my computer expertises are beyond average. I have a deep knowledge of all MS Office "
This is the only part I find a bit odd, change to
'In addition, my expertise in computers is beyond average. I have a deep knowledge of all MS Office .'

I dunno, maybe its fine.

"In addition, my computer expertises are beyond average. I have a deep knowledge of all MS Office "
This is the only part I find a bit odd, change to
'In addition, my expertise in computers is beyond average. I have a deep knowledge of all MS Office .'

I dunno, maybe its fine.

thank you man

Oh. I apologise. I guess I should help all suspicious people everytime.

**** it, I'll do it now.

I read your advertisement for an Administrative Assistant with great interest and enthusiasm, as my skills and qualifications match your requirements for this position. Therefore, I am submitting my resume for your review and consideration. Please allow me to explain briefly the contribution I would make with your organization.
Through out my career, both educational and professional, I gained much experience and skills needed for this type of job. I enjoy working with people from different backgrounds and always display a positive and cooperative attitude. I am a highly organized person with a good eye for details because I believe that an organized work ethic is the key to better productivity. I work well under pressure and have the ability to manage multiple assignments in a professional manner.
In addition, my computer expertises are beyond average. I have a deep knowledge of all MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access) as well as other computer applications. Also I have the ability to solve common computer malfunctions, both software and hardware related.
Again, my resume will detail the required skills and background you seek. I would welcome the opportunity for an interview at your convenience, and I thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Sincerely,

To whom it may concern, (or to whoever, if you know the name, etc.)

I read your advertisment for an Administrative Assistant with great interest and enthusiasm, as my skills and qualifications match your requirements for this position. Therefore, I am submitting my resume for your review and consideration. Please allow me to explain briefly the types of contributions I would make towards your organization.

Throughout my career (both educational and professional), I have gained a lot of experience as well as a variety of skills needed for this type of job. I enjoy working with people from different backgrounds and always display a positive and cooperative attitude. I am a highly organized person with a good eye for detail because I believe that an organized work ethic is the key to better productivity. I work well under pressure and have the ability to manage multiple assignments in a professional manner.

In addition, I am highly computer literate, possessing a degree of expertise in using a variety of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Access, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook) as well as many other computer applications. I am also a fairly good troubleshooter and problem-solver, able to find and solve a variety of both software and hardware related problems, should they arise.

As I have already stated, my resume will further detail my background and training in relation to the skills that you are seeking. I would welcome the opportunity for an interview at your convenience, and thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Oh. I apologise. I guess I should help all suspicious people everytime.

WOW, how am I suspicious? For once I am trying to get something useful out of this forum and I become suspicious.

'hello i am good with computer when is to be starting in payments please? much pennies soon thx'

Simple and effective. I sent this to Microsoft and now own CNN.

WOW, how am I suspicious? For once I am trying to get something useful out of this forum and I become suspicious.

First post! ****ing job help! Half-life2 forum!

Heres how I would have written it:

To Whom it may concern:
I recently read your advertisement for an Administrative Assistant (insert where you saw the ad here) with great interest and enthusiasm. As my skills and qualifications match your requirements for this position, I would like to submit my resume for your review and consideration. Please allow me to briefly explain the contribution I would make with your organization should you decide to employ me.
Throughout my career, both educationally and professionally, I have gained the experience and skills required for the work this position entails. I enjoy working with people from different backgrounds and always display a positive and cooperative attitude. I am a highly organized person with a good eye for details and I believe that an organized work ethic is the key to better productivity. I work well under pressure and have the ability to manage multiple assignments in a professional manner.
In addition, my ability to work with computers goes beyond that of an average user . I have a thurough understanding of all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access) as well as other computer applications and I have the ability to solve common computer malfunctions, both software and hardware related.
My resume outlines, in detail, my experience and skillset relevent to your needs. I would be happy to do an interview at your convenience should you be interested and am willing to take the steps necessary to further this process. Thank you in for your time and consideration.
Sincerely,

And Jintor, obviously its not his first post. Its just Ifylettersidontremmeber getting around his ban.

You think I knew that before I went mad? I thought his name looked familiar but that was about the extent of my curiousity. Eff you lot, you're not paranoid enough.

YOU WONT FOOL ME!!! I know where you live!

Getting a job is hard as hell at the moment. Be prepared to send out loads of letters and recieve loads of rejections.

I got a job easy lol. I got a call and the guy said "hey your friend says youre pretty good, want a job?" and I was like "yeah lol" and he was like "k lol, come on down"

I didnt even have to do an interview. Having friends in the industry rules.

Heck yes for badder character, poor karma and worsest English!

Besides which, nobody even reads cover letters. No matter how much crap you fill it with, it's all utterly meaningless - the only things relevant to the employer are your experience as listed in your CV and how you come across on the phone when you call them to follow it up (you do do that, right?).

repiV makes a good point, I worked in recruitment for a long time and although a covering letter for a CV is a good idea, it should be precise, concise and succinct.

A lot of the content in your covering letter talks about your skills and what makes you good as an employee. Why not put this in your CV then? It's content about you, why is it on a covering letter?.

You should have an introductory paragraph (about 4/5 lines long) about your skills and abilities, followed by bullet pointed key skills, educational qualifications, achievements and memberships, career history (including detailed duties), Hobbies and Interests, finished off with References. Then...you might get a job.

Back