Ghosting problems

Reaction score
I bought a new 19" Monitor with a 4ms response time
This one to be exact:
http://reviews.cnet.com/Samsung_Syn...LCD_Monitor/4505-3174_7-31578611.html?tag=sub

Now everyone is telling me that anything below an 8ms response time will result in it being almost impossible to detect ghosting which is why I went with this one since it is 4ms. Unfortunately when I plugged it in and started gaming I was getting a lot of ghosting (can't take screenshots and I don't have a camera so I can't show you guys what it looks like). Even when I move the mouse on the desktop at the right speed I can see the ghosting pretty clearly.

So my question is are my eyes just incredibly sensitive and easily able to detect this or are there unusual settings that could be preventing the monitor from working properly. Personally I am a little suspicious of the way I hooked it up and for the fact it was a monitor being used for display purposes where I bought it (2 months old, couldn't see any problems with it, and got $50 off for it), because it didn't come with the box I don't have the regular software it comes with for changing settings (it doesn't come with hardware controlls built into the monitor) and I could only get a VGA cable to hook it up with so I was forced to buy a DVI adaptor to go with it. Could hooking it up with an adaptor be causing unusual problems?

How long have you had the LCD?

I have an 8ms monitor and I, too, could tell there was ghosting. Give it a week or so and you won't be able to tell.

How long have you had the LCD?

I have an 8ms monitor and I, too, could tell there was ghosting. Give it a week or so and you won't be able to tell.

He speaks the thruth, come back in a week. Same happened to me, with a 2.4ms monitor.

ONe of the problems i ran into while working with LCD and DLP projectors is that no one has a real firm standard on how to measure ture black to white transition(aka known as MS Response). some companies do one of three things.

-Black to White time
-off to On time
-off to black, to White time.

So some monitors look great at 8ms, some look like shit. Mine looks like shit.

Yeah mine is grey-to-grey in 2.4ms. Still looks awesome though.

Back