ghosting

Exclamatio

Reaction score
what is ghosting and why am i finding a lot fo people complaining about it

never come across it myself

ghosting is where to players on the same team are teling each other where the enemys are, this can happen if the computers are in the same house, they are on the phone, or are using voice com that lets you chat after dieing. ghosting is really annoying since it lets someone with no skill at all walk around the map knowing where you are before you even know hes close

It's the reason that in serious matches, after you die either the screen fades to black, or you are forced to watch your teammates in first person.

ghosting happens when you can freely roam about the entire map after you've died, see anyone who's still alive, and basically letting your teamies who're still alive where the rest of the enemy are.

only works if you're sitting right next to someone who's alive, and/or who's within earshot.

usually happens a lot in LAN games. not as common online. but now that you can use the mic, yeah, i guess you can ghost and inform your team who is where and what he's carrying.

Are you saying the if your teammate is in proximity of you he can hear your mic even if you are dead ? Or are you talking about underlay voice chat programs and in the same room kind of stuff?

I don't think ghosting is a huge problem. It sounds like fun though. How the hell would you know someone was ghosting or is this the new scape goat?

wonkers said:
Are you saying the if your teammate is in proximity of you he can hear your mic even if you are dead ? Or are you talking about underlay voice chat programs and in the same room kind of stuff?

I don't think ghosting is a huge problem. It sounds like fun though. How the hell would you know someone was ghosting or is this the new scape goat?

they mean with programs like teamspeak or ventrillio

i dont think ghosting is a problem either but ive heard people whine about it since i started playing cs

justr ecently realised i dont know what it means

Back