gibbing?

Reaction score
just wondering...

do you think you'll be able to blow the combine and other opponents to pieces?(so far we've only seen zombies getting ripped apart)

if you're talking about the combine soldiers i dont see why not

It was be so funny to shoot off a combines' arm, pick it up with the gravity gun and use it to hit other combines. :LOL:

Originally posted by Jager
It was be so funny to shoot off a combines' arm, pick it up with the gravity gun and use it to hit other combines. :LOL:

sounds like die by the sword to me.

Originally posted by Jager
Nice english.

I think it would be hilarious and/or more realisitc/fun if you could gib people in HL2, but might not happen due to ratings or some such, but who am I one to know? I think you probably won't be able to, but I hope you will be able to :cool:

hl2 is mature, no doubt about that... the first one was, they wont change. besides, seeing zombies get split in half by a fan isnt exactly what you call a teen rating :cheers:

Originally posted by BDC22
hl2 is mature, no doubt about that... the first one was, they wont change. besides, seeing zombies get split in half by a fan isnt exactly what you call a teen rating :cheers:

either way if not it could easily be coded into future mods. i mean look what DoD has done with HL, they ****ing coded a whole particle system for it.

Originally posted by THUGENSTEIN
either way if not it could easily be coded into future mods. i mean look what DoD has done with HL, they ****ing coded a whole particle system for it.

lol did they really code a whole partile system? thats pretty amazing... anyways, i guarente hl2 will be mature. if the game came out with material based on the e3 demo, there is no way they could pull off a teen rating.

i dont think dod is the only mod to have coded thier own partical system.

The highest rate in my country is 15 i think, except from the "Adults only" if you get what I mean...

I'm not sure gibbing really is all that realistic. I mean, when was the last time a bunch of crowbar hits casued a human body to explode into tiny bits? Even a grenade rarely actually blows people apart: it just kills them with shrapnel. I think, while you should still ultimately be able to gib creatures, overdoing it would really lose you all the ragdoll death sequences that look so cool in the barney video. Gibs just look fake in most situations outside of getting hit with a huge missle blast.

I agree. Overdoing as in SOF2 shotgun. Hell, in Sof2 you could blow heads of with a pistol.

SoF2 was way over the top, games like that are "controversy in a can".

anyway, even if they don't let you blow other enemies apart and let you use there severed limbs with the gravity gun, it would just get modded in at some time or another.

I agree SOF2 is over the top but you dont believe that you can blow someone's head off with a pistol? I think if you continuasly shot someone in the face with a pistol it would blow apart as in SOF2. But it is still over the top.

What happens when a human or human like enemy or friendly:cheese: gets shot in the side of the head with a pistol/smg? will it just fall over and die with blood on the floor or will part of the skull/brain be visible?

How will the humans in HL2 react if they saw Gordon walking around with a human head suspended by the gravity gun?

*Brain overload*

Oh man, that would be so cool if people got freaked out by body parts. Also it'd be neat if you could pick up alien corpses with grav gun and then throw them to attract an enemy's attention...then ambush him from behind!

Back