GLaDOS?

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 56031

Where did the name GLaDSO come from? I haven't heard it in any previews or trailers, so where did it come from? o_O

GLaDOS was the result of development based on a shower-curtain makers dying wishes

GLaDOS stands for Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System. It's in the slideshows in the latter half of the game.

And it sounds like a 'pschotic computer' name to boot! I could have sworn there was a show that had an AI with a name like that. It sounds like the name of an uptight woman, classics.

Gladys an uptight woman's name? :p

But yes, GLaDOS is probably the perfect name for her, and the acronym fits like a glove without sounding forced, too! I think she's the reason I find portal all the more awesome.

Yeah, sounds like a secretary or something. One with granny glasses!

Side note: Gladys is a popular name used in 1950's British radio comedy The Goon Show, where when one of the actors requested from assistance from her, someone with a deep throaty voice (known as Sgt. Throat and played by Spike Milligan) would respond "yes?" Either that or the response would be from Ray Ellington, where the response would be "Yes, darlin'?"

Other than that, back to the topic :)

Back