Goldeneye: Source Team Leader Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm

So Ok then, Did'nt Know the guy at all, like playing the mod so I decided to read on. All I can say is WTF man!!!!!! Killing Yourself!!!!!WTF. Why do you do it. I mean there is no situation that you can solve by killing yourself. NOTHING. Its so insulting that people wish him good luck in the after life or whatever you believe in. Totally not on!!!!

I mean im not one to preach or anything like that and deny anyones religion but OMG!!!!

Im 18, I Live with my Mum who has terminal cancer and will be DEAD by the time im 19, (which is in fact September 11, GREAT HUH), Ive never met my Dad before, I HAD one brother who.... GUESS WHAT.....COMMITTED SUICIDE!!!! He didnt burn himself to death, he filled a bag with bricks, chained the bag to himself so he could'nt get it off and jumped in our pool while we were sleeping. Yeah, my Life s0x0rs but I don't have that urge to kill myself when im on my own. I want to RISE UP and LIVE A LONG AND MEANINGFUL LIFE.

To all you people that wish him sympathy. SHAME....ON....YOU!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunate news, It is always a sad event when people find themselves driven to such a course of action, however at least they are now free of their torments, my sympathies go out to his family and friends.

Kadayi

I saw the 007:Source on Moddb.com just now. I truly have to say the maps and all things were designed well and proper.

I hope the team gets done and complete to commemorate their founder who started this wonderful mod.

Hungry_Gamer said:
So Ok then, Did'nt Know the guy at all, like playing the mod so I decided to read on. All I can say is WTF man!!!!!! Killing Yourself!!!!!WTF. Why do you do it. I mean there is no situation that you can solve by killing yourself. NOTHING. Its so insulting that people wish him good luck in the after life or whatever you believe in. Totally not on!!!!

I mean im not one to preach or anything like that and deny anyones religion but OMG!!!!

Im 18, I Live with my Mum who has terminal cancer and will be DEAD by the time im 19, (which is in fact September 11, GREAT HUH), Ive never met my Dad before, I HAD one brother who.... GUESS WHAT.....COMMITTED SUICIDE!!!! He didnt burn himself to death, he filled a bag with bricks, chained the bag to himself so he could'nt get it off and jumped in our pool while we were sleeping. Yeah, my Life s0x0rs but I don't have that urge to kill myself when im on my own. I want to RISE UP and LIVE A LONG AND MEANINGFUL LIFE.

To all you people that wish him sympathy. SHAME....ON....YOU!!!!!!!!!

Show some respect for the dead. If you can't, you can apply for YouFail.org.

Piss off if you can't show respect. Shame on you dipshit.

EDIT: If you still want to rant about this, you can make a thread called 'Omg I Really SuXxORaz' and talk BS there.

Its not that we dont show respect but as I said before unless he had a real bad mental condition that only could be worse then maybe i can understand that, but if it was just a lame reason like most people do when they face something tough or something ah screw it ill take my life to take away the pain i will never feel sorry for thoose never i cant belive you take thoose side who just wake up one day and commit suicide its very lame and stupid unless you have a very bad condition.

So all you others are you gonna follow his footstep next time life brings a challenge you cant handle ? thats what i thought...aint gonna bother with this no more.

Yeah

Show some respect for the dead. If you can't, you can apply for YouFail.org.

Piss off if you can't show respect. Shame on you dipshit.

EDIT: If you still want to rant about this, you can make a thread called 'Omg I Really SuXxORaz' and talk BS there.

Yeah, I guess you are right. My apologys!!!

THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Remember, citizens - all people who show sympathy when others commit suicide are one or more of the following:

1. Advocating suicide.
2. Considering suicide.
3. Too weak to handle life without suicide.
4. Emo.
5. Quite possibly already dead!
6. Jack Thompson?

THANK YOU KINDLY THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Sulkdodds said:

Remember, citizens - all people who show sympathy when others commit suicide are one or more of the following:

1. Advocating suicide.
2. Considering suicide.
4. Emo.
6. Jack Thompson?

Congratulations! You win the retarded post of the week award.:cheers:

Congratulations...you've won the Failure-at-detecting-sarcasm of the Week Award.

EDIT: In case that requires justification...I was mega-pissed at people saying 'suicide is weak' then claiming that all who argue against them were also suicidal, posing rhetorical questions like 'If your girlfriend left you would you just curl up and die?' It hasn't happened so much in this thread but it happened loads in the other thread, where Shasta used a similar and ridiculous line of reasoning. I refer particularly to this post in which he complains about assumptions while assuming Grey Fox is both advocating suicide and some kind of walking emo stereotype.

EDIT: Judging by your past comments in this thread I'm assuming you somehow missed the sarcasm. If not, it'd be nice to have it explained just why my protest post is so retardified.

It's still pretty ridiculous and stupid the way in which he chose to go - risking other lives in the process.

I'm fairly certain he meant to suffocate and not burn down his apartment.

Well, that is certainly a cock-up. I dunno...careless. First, you could be right - how on earth anyone could chose burning to go out, is beyond me. The pain would be....wow. And you know; just risk everyone elses lives while your at it.

Whether or not he meant for his apartment to catch on fire... What do you think is gonna happen when you lose consciousness with a lit charcoal grill inside with you? That alone was a selfish thing to do.

And although I won't pass judgement on him for his decision to take his own life, I will say that, from my point of view (and I'm not sure if this would apply to him, but it should), when you're that depressed you get help. I'm sure his friends or even teammates at Goldeneye Source would have been glad to do whatever they could had they had any idea he was suicidal.

Sulkdodds said:

1. Advocating suicide.
2. Considering suicide.
4. Emo.
6. Jack Thompson?

Ha, I can't say I dissagree with you.

Well, my father used gas for his suicide, but managed to destroy an entire house..

I think a few people in this thread (who seem to have a very simplistic and idiotic view of people who commit suicide) need to see Robert Redford's movie, Ordinary People.

Alot of people on these forums need to learn common courtesy and respect. And beyond that figure a thing or two out about life beyond the computer monitor. I can honestly say i'm disgusted with some of the posts by regular members even, it's always easy to be simplistic and biased about suicide and labeling it as the easy way out - it's as if none of you know anything about mental illness or psychology.

Step away from the computer for a moment and think about what your saying.

If you want to discuss whether suicide is right or wrong do it in the politics/OT forum. This thread is for paying respects to a member of the hl community.

I think that perhaps this news announcement should be cleaned up of the insults and locked now.

May the angels who protected you
through your earthly stay
remain with you and comfort you
with gentle love, we pray.

May you spirit soar with the angels
to your heavenly reward and
dwell through all eternity
in the presence of the Lord.

May you Nick aka nickster rest in peace.

Yes.. aren't we such sadistic bastards to believe there's hope for everyone on earth? Aren't we just pricks?

Bloody hell, he set his apartment on fire?
That's ****ing hardcore
Manliest. Death. Ever.
I feel really sorry for his family, but he's screwed if there isn't an afterlife now.

COALslaw said:
Yes.. aren't we such sadistic bastards to believe there's hope for everyone on earth? Aren't we just pricks?

Please post in the 'Post here if you suck!' thread.

Dumbass.

That Nick dude that is.

May his soul now rest in peace, as stupid as it was on our plane.

Anybody that commits suicide is a stupid, sadistic, selfish prick.

Here's hoping that he can at least be rid of the former in death.

Doesn't quite sound like respect for a person who has passed away...

bigburpco said:
Doesn't quite sound like respect for a person who has passed away...

I DON'T respect his attention whoring and selfish method of death.

I DO respect that he has passed on, as everything does, and hope that the family does ok without him and can move on.

You're a disgusting excuse for a human being, sinkoman. What do you know about this individual? I'm guessing NOTHING. Have you ever dealt with someone who is suffering from a mental illness? I'm guessing you havent. You're the selfish, sadistic little prick here.

edit: How old are you, sink?

...and I think this thread needs to close now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back