Good Bush

iyfyoufhl

Reaction score
I noticed that a lot of topic on this forum point out mistakes of Bush.

How about be a little open minded and try to list any Good deeds of his.

Be breif, be to the point.

(shit, i can't really think of anything)

He fight in God's name against the muslim world, whose heads should be cut off. He has also dealt with sinners like gay people and communists real good. God bless him :cheers:

The_Monkey said:
He fight in God's name against the muslim world, whose heads should be cut off. He has also dealt with sinners like gay people and communists real good. God bless him :cheers:
thats exactly why he got reelected

I honestly, honestly have tried to come up with at least one high point, one good thing that I feel he has done, and so far I can't. Some of his proposals sound good, i agree with some of them, but the ones I like get under funded, or incomplete, or completely forgot about, and replaced with something pro buisness, anti enviroment, pro war/hatred, anti common sense, and compassion.

Sorry but I really can not think of one good thing about this administration. One thing that I think is %100 good.

Innervision961 said:
I honestly, honestly have tried to come up with at least one high point, one good thing that I feel he has done, and so far I can't. Some of his proposals sound good, i agree with some of them, but the ones I like get under funded, or incomplete, or completely forgot about, and replaced with something pro buisness, anti enviroment, pro war/hatred, anti common sense, and compassion.

Sorry but I really can not think of one good thing about this administration. One thing that I think is %100 good.

So why did 51% of the American voting public vote for him or do i have too much faith in the American democratic system?

Razor said:
So why did 51% of the American voting public vote for him or do i have too much faith in the American democratic system?
51% of the us is the white trash in the south

Razor said:

...Because they thought he was doing a good job? You really can't objectively separate "good" from "bad" when it comes to something like this. Take the Iraq war, for example. Those against it will argue that we went there to soon, or we shouldn't be there at all, that Saddam wasn't a threat, and that we've done more harm than good. Those for it will argue that we needed to liberate the Iraqi people, that it was necessary to develop a secure and stable Middle East, and that appeasing Saddam would only turn out for the worse.

It's the same turd. It's just viewed through different lenses.

Razor said:

No, because americans vote by their heart and not their brain.

The_Monkey said:

If you don't understand politics, you shouldn't be allowed to vote, and if you don't vote, you don't deserve to moan about taxes, etc. Sorry, just me being cynical.

The_Monkey said:
Yes but I really don't think its any different for any other democratic nation.

Get Back On The Topic Please
and watch my president flip you off

The Mullinator said:
Yes but I really don't think its any different for any other democratic nation.
Probably not. People tent to forget important thing very fast.

Razor said:
Because Americans are too stupid or too lazy to actually research anything before they vote. Because of Bush's pressure on the media to support them or not get any access to Iraqi people the media covers Michael Jackson instead of actual issues.

Couple examples. Last week Tom Ridge (the head of homeland security) admitted that they raised the terror level for political purposes when no real threat was there. Media said very little about this. Most 'voters' have no idea about this.

Also this week it turns out that Bush himself fixed intelligence around his policy and decided on the Iraq war in 2002. This hasn't been mentioned once in any of the mainstream media here.

Just to see how ****ing stupid an American voter is you can look at the exit polls:

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/US/P/00/epolls.0.html

22% of voters said that moral values (homophobia, anti-abortion, etc) shaped their vote. Terrorism was another 20% and as we now know Bush purposely scared people about the terror threat. Those were the 2 most important issues for people, more important than Taxes, Education, Iraq, Economy/Jobs, and Health Care. If that isn't stupidity I really don't know what is. I lost faith in the American voter around January of last year when election season started.

The_Monkey said:
Probably not. People tent to forget important thing very fast.
Oh I don't know. Same situation is developing here in Canada. If this one party gets elected and it works alongside a separatist party in Quebec then it could be the beggining of the break up of Canada. Problem is it looks like they will be elected thanks to people voting with their hearts and trying to punish those who are currently in power and not using their brains to realize what kind of problems this could create.

umm,good things about bush...he's only president for 3 more years?

do you comprehend the "electoral college"? each state has a certain number of electoral votes..

and unfortunately because of this the american people don't have votes that truly count..

no matter what the real majority vote for, the electoral college votes are what matter..

long ago it would have been impossible to count EVERY vote,but now we could easily do that..

I do agree that you should have to take some kind of competency test in order to vote or to run for office..

mental tests,intelligence tests,etc..

why are americans always the dumbasses? what about calling a flashlight a torch..

which as we all know is a stick or similar object on fire,not a battery operated device;)

he's a good liar (short term)

he's a good speech fumbler (well ...that's notr exactly a good trait to have)

he's good at invasions (but not occupations)

there ...that wasnt so hard now was it?

iyfyoufhl said:
Watch your mouth. Secondly, look at an electoral map from the election. Not just the South, friend.

Steve_O said:
Watch your mouth. Secondly, look at an electoral map from the election. Not just the South, friend.
Yeah, redneck Bush voters are all over the country.

If I need to watch my mouth tell me one good strong point Bush had over Kerry. As far as I can tell the only reason Bush won are these 'redneck' reasons such as you will never take my goddamn gun and gays are evil; animal sex is much better (scroll to #5).

No Limit said:
Yeah, redneck Bush voters are all over the country.

If I need to watch my mouth tell me one good strong point Bush had over Kerry. As far as I can tell the only reason Bush won are these 'redneck' reasons such as you will never take my goddamn gun and gays are evil; animal sex is much better (scroll to #5).
The "watch you mouth part" was just saying that I live in the South, I live, work, and study with Bush supporters. I don't agree with a great deal of their views, but that doesn't make them all "white trash". But I'm off topic.

Steve_O said:
Not just the South, friend.
Yes, it's not just the South.

Here are a couple of illustrations I found:
A. This one shows the election results of the individual counties.
B. This one shows the same image, but corrected based on the population of the counties.

Notice that, in image B, the bright red areas shrink drastically... while the areas that range from purple to bright blue increase in size dramatically.

In the last election the places that had high population densities usually consisting of more active/informed citizens had disproportionately high amounts of votes for Kerry... whereas the more sedentary/isolated lifestyle of rural areas produced disproportionately high amounts of votes for Bush. Washington DC had the highest percentage of Kerry supporters with something like 90% or more of the votes going to him, IIRC. Draw from it what you will... but my theory is that the more the average person knew about the government the more likely they were to vote against Bush (or that they just didn't relate to his "cowboy" image).

OCybrManO said:
Yes, it's not just the South.

Here are a couple of illustrations I found:
A. This one shows the election results of the individual counties.
B. This one shows the same image, but corrected based on the population of the counties.

Notice that, in image B, the bright red areas shrink drastically... while the areas that range from purple to bright blue increase in size dramatically.

In the last election the places that had high population densities usually consisting of more active/informed citizens had disproportionately high amounts of votes for Kerry... whereas the more sedentary/isolated lifestyle of rural areas produced disproportionately high amounts of votes for Bush. Washington DC had the highest percentage of Kerry supporters with something like 90% or more of the votes going to him, IIRC. Draw from it what you will... but my theory is that the more the average person knew about the government the more likely they were to vote against Bush (or that they just didn't relate to his "cowboy" image).

The moral of the story is if you isolate yourself from society, you don't deserve a say in society.

Oh and the Proletariat vote always wins <sigh>

I cant answer if he's done anything good. Like any other Presidency, we will only know whether his choices and legislation were good or bad with history's hindsight. I'm sure history will be the ultimate judge - fact it, we dont know how it all will play out.

That said I dont think this country has improved at all since he was elected.

iyfyoufhl said:

Haha, you gotta be joking. There is enough white trash in some parts of new york to fill up an entire country. The rednecks there are a hell of a lot worse than anything you will find in Kentucky and one of the reasons I have no desire to go back there.

there's only one kind of "good bush" ...and GW doesnt have one

CptStern said:
there's only one kind of "good bush" ...and GW doesnt have one
Are you insinuating that George-Dub mows his lawn?! Ewww... :x

I keed, I keed.

MuToiD_MaN said:

I keed, I keed.

That is exactly what I was thinking, I just didn't want to say it.

You know whats funny though? No matter how much everyone hates him, he's still in office.

MuToiD_MaN said:

I keed, I keed.

why ...yes :)

hopefully he isnt drinking while mowing ...poor poor laura :O

MarcoPollo said:
even though a morjatie of southerners vote democratic. :O

So if the North's voting Democrats, the South's voting democrats...who the hell's voting for Bush?

kirovman said:
So if the North's voting Democrats, the South's voting democrats...who the hell's voting for Bush?

Me. :thumbs:

kirovman said:
Midwest.

No Limit said:
Let me guess, because he is a strong leader? Or do you have a funnier reason?

Well, if you stop to think about what he's done, and don't listen to the politicians on both sides, you find out that he does alot of stuff for the right reason. Everyone says he went into the Iraqi war, and had no idea what he was doing. He did. He went in, crushed Saddams leadership, made Iraqi life much easier, installed public education, running water, democratic society, ect. Yeah, theres still attacks going on, but thier intensity is dying down, (Its bound to happen to a country thats been in a totalitarian grip for so long.) but if you watch the news, you'll learn that the Iraqis are actually turning against the terrorists. Does that mean I think he hasn't done things that I disaprove of? Of course I don't like some of the stuff he's done. (I mean, cmon, listen to his speeches. WTF is Asianese?) But I think hes a hell of a lot better than Kerry.

Dag said:
Well, if you stop to think about what he's done, and don't listen to the politicians on both sides, you find out that he does alot of stuff for the right reason. Everyone says he went into the Iraqi war, and had no idea what he was doing. He did.

I agree, they knew what they were doing ..they've been planning for it for almost 20 years

Dag said:
He went in, crushed Saddams leadership, made Iraqi life much easier,

you're kidding right? life in iraq is far worse now than it was before

Dag said:
installed public education,

no

Dag said:
running water,

after they destroyed it during the first war, anything would seem like "help"

Dag said:
democratic society, ect.

no

Dag said:
Yeah, theres still attacks going on, but thier intensity is dying down,

no, attacks are escalating

Dag said:
(Its bound to happen to a country thats been in a totalitarian grip for so long.)

you didnt seem to care when you called him "friend"

Dag said:
but if you watch the news, you'll learn that the Iraqis are actually turning against the terrorists.

isolated cases ...most iraqis are too scared shitless to go out

Dag said:
Does that mean I think he hasn't done things that I disaprove of?

you approve of the war, you cant possibly be objective

Dag said:
Of course I don't like some of the stuff he's done. (I mean, cmon, listen to his speeches. WTF is Asianese?) But I think hes a hell of a lot better than Kerry.

I'd like to see some of the good accomplishments people keep talking about ...cuz from where I sitting, killing 20,000 people isnt a very admirable "accomplishment"

This thread merely shows why the Dems are yet again going to be in trouble for '08.

@ Capt. Stern- Some how, you seem like one of those people that watched Farenhiet 911, and instantly came to a conclusion.

you're kidding right? life in iraq is far worse now than it was before
How is it worse? Being able to have freedom is worse? Being able to get away with saying you disaprove of your leader is worse? Being able to like the minority without threat of torture is worse?

Originally Posted by Dag
installed public education,

no

Yes they did, read about it.

Originally Posted by Dag
democratic society, ect.

no

Thats why almost half the Iraqi populous stood in huge lines on voting day to vote for thier new leader?

Originally Posted by Dag
Yeah, theres still attacks going on, but thier intensity is dying down,

no, attacks are escalating

Theres not as many, thier not as bad. Talk to people over in Iraq, they will tell you, even though things aren't good, they are a lot better than before.

(Its bound to happen to a country thats been in a totalitarian grip for so long.)

you didnt seem to care when you called him "friend"

Called Bush a friend? I don't get your question.

Originally Posted by Dag
but if you watch the news, you'll learn that the Iraqis are actually turning against the terrorists.

isolated cases ...most iraqis are too scared shitless to go out

Thats why there are always huge masses of people in the streets, right?

Originally Posted by Dag
Does that mean I think he hasn't done things that I disaprove of?

you approve of the war, you cant possibly be objective

Just because I approve for the war, doesn't mean I have to approve with everything Bush has done. Next time you go on a rant about how bad George Bush is, try getting your information from another source than Farenhiet 911. And while your at it, name the things Kerry would have done so much better at.

Dag said:
@ Capt. Stern- Some how, you seem like one of those people that watched Farenhiet 911, and instantly came to a conclusion.

you're wrong, I came to that conclusion before that movie was ever made

Dag said:
@ How is it worse? Being able to have freedom is worse? Being able to get away with saying you disaprove of your leader is worse? Being able to like the minority without threat of torture is worse?

really?

Dag said:
@ Yes they did, read about it.

a drop in the bucket ...education was better before the invasion. Not to mention that the contracts for education arent being implemented

Dag said:
Thats why almost half the Iraqi populous stood in huge lines on voting day to vote for thier new leader?

one approved by the US ...just like the last guy (allawi), and the guy before him (chalabi)

Dag said:
Theres not as many, thier not as bad.

no

Dag said:
Talk to people over in Iraq, they will tell you,

no

Dag said:
even though things aren't good, they are a lot better than before.

no

Dag said:
Called Bush a friend? I don't get your question.

saddam not bush ...here read this

Dag said:
Thats why there are always huge masses of people in the streets, right?

doesnt mean they werent afraid for their lives

Dag said:
Just because I approve for the war, doesn't mean I have to approve with everything Bush has done. Next time you go on a rant about how bad George Bush is, try getting your information from another source than Farenhiet 911. And while your at it, name the things Kerry would have done so much better at.

how about your own declassified government documents?

oh and I opposed the first war ...more than a decade before F9/11

Back