Gordon's Best Game day

nokori3byo

Reaction score
OK, I know I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel for a thread idea here, but a recent thread comparing HL2 to Ep. 2 in terms of quality got me thinking: why not consider Gordon's exploits in terms of days spent in-game rather than episodes or chapters?

I think the day featured in Ep. 2 is by far the highest quality game-day in the entire HL saga. Number 2 would be a tough call. All three days in HL2 had pretty consistent ups and downs. If I had to pick a favourite, I might go with the third day, simply because it followed the epic Strider battles of FF with two strong Citadel Chapters. Another good choice would be Gordon's frist day at Black Mesa in HL one, featuring the classic opening sequence and the one two punch of Blast Pit and Power UP. Ep. 1 is obviously very good too.

Also, apologies if this has been done before. I was away for a while.

Im not sure if im going to be adressing your topic compeletly as it comes across a little vague... But, the thing about the episodes and hl2 episode 2 in particular, is that they are shorter but of much higher quality (imo) than a normal large scale game like half life 2. I find that the episodes never have a single dull moment and things are stirred up more where as much as half life 2 is an amazing game, it has its share of parts that are merely just combat areas and this can repeat. I believe though, that that can't be avoided in a game of that lenght. Every inch of the episodes seem crucial to gordons journey and the story, not just some added rooms to prolong the gameplay..

So basically, with the episodes we get quality over quantity, and with hl2 you get 10-12 hours of amazing gameplay, where with the episodes you get 6-8 hours of even better/more solid gameplay...

Im not sure if im going to be adressing your topic compeletly as it comes across a little vague...

You know how HL2 presents three dinstinct days in Gordon's life? The episodes each present a single day, beginning in the morning and ending in the evening. I was just suggesting that Gordon's exploits be evaluated in terms of the "days" in the seires, rather than by episode or level.

Bad idea obviously...

Favorite day in HL: Day 3. Day 3 was spent almost entirely on Xen.

Favorite day in HL2: Day 5. ;)

HL2 takes place over seven+ days. ;) Serious answer, day 1. The introduction to City 17 and what's happened to the future was really immersive.

Nova Prospekt - Kleiner's Lab - Combine Nexus - Citadel - Breen's Office - Teleporter - Stasis.

Quite a day.

Gordon got sleep between hl and hl2.Maybe that's why graphics changed.He just cleared vision.

Back