Got Vanguard, need help with my account

Stigmata

The Freeman
Reaction score
You see, I entered all the necessary keys for my account, but the game still thinks I'm not subscribed to Vanguard.

Here's what happens.

I load up the game, try to log in, and it says I'm not subscribed - I click "Subscribe" and am taken to the subscription page, where I am asked for my billing method.

If I choose game card, I'm asked to enter a game card key. This is unnecessary, as I already have my free 30 days from purchasing the game.

If I choose credit card, I'm forced to enter credit card info - I do not have one of these.

If I choose Global Collect, I get a list of countries that I don't live in, with currencies my country doesn't use.

WHAT THE ****ING HELL DO I DO, I JUST WANT TO GET MY 30 FREE DAYS AND DOWNLOAD SOME GODDAMN PATCHES

[edit] Even better, it says this on my subscriptions page:

Subscription Name: Vanguard Subscription
Period: 1 Month

:|

Ummm... maybe contact the Vanguard support team?
I know it sounds crazy, but it might just work.

I fired off an email, and phone support stopped 45 minutes before the game was installed. I'm just hoping someone here can help :(

You usually need to put in some form of payment (credit card, game card) before you can get your free 30 day trial, and then once the 30 days is over they automatically bill your credit card, or start the time on your game card if you chose that, or you can just cancel your subscription before the 30 days is over and you wont be billed anything. However, i do not actually own vanguard and im just saying this through past mmorpg experience.

Also, this is an SOE game, so expect the worst customer service ever.

I experienced SOE back when I was in the SWG beta. I assumed that, after four years, they might have gotten slightly better, but so far it seems they haven't.

This is absolute bullshit though.

I hate companies that do that shit. Really pisses me off, when they want to just squeeze that extra money out of you when you don't want to.

Yeah, got the same thing with WoW. It's total shit, there's absolutely no notice on the box or in the manual or anything. They even call it a "TRIAL" month, when you can't even get into the game to "try" it unless you give them your credit card info - implying you have every intention of continuing your subscription anyway. Of course many of us don't have one, so we're forced to buy a frickin game card just to get in - which seem to be selling only in 60 day lumps now. Yay, 90 day paid trial!

I wish you could just say "For the love of god, I AM USING GAME CARDS LEAVE ME ALONE" and be done with it :p

Ahh well, my friend is buying me a card today. Who else has the game?

they lose money on the cards in comparison to CC ..I prefer cards ..that way you dont feel you have to continue with your subscription incase you might play it at some point that month

I'm holding off on vanguard till they fix some of the major bugs ..the beta ran like crap on my rig

D: X2 4600+, x1900XT, 2GB RAM here.

I bought the game with my friend, his specs are really close to yours, and the game seems to be running fine on his rig. So I hope the performance issues are at least somewhat ironed out.

ya I'm basing performance on the beta which was over a month ago ..I'm sure they ironed out some of the performance issues by now ...although it's not encouraging that Sigil admitted they needed a few more months but SOE pressured them to release anyways

^ Shock horror :p

I've heard mixed reports about the performance. I have a mid-range rig but I'm not sure if it's going to handle it well. Some people seem to be able to run it well on a system about equivalent to mine or lower, while others with something closer to Stern's and Stigmata's are still having troubles. Like Oblivion all over again >_>

Anyway, as hyped as I was for this, I'm waiting out the bugs. Can't hurt to give it a month or two to settle before jumping in.

So, what exactly is this game's selling points? I played the beta, granted briefly, but it was *yawn*. Now I did not play it very long and perhaps I have been spoiled by WoW, but what does this game have to offer?

I think it's supposed to be the best elements of EQ and WoW, with denser, higher-quality content, and more of a challenge.

I mean, a shitload of bugs, obviously, since Sony made Sigil release it two months ahead of schedule, but still :p

Badhat: So you're saying going from midrange to high-end results in generally worse performance? D:

LOL, dunno exactly. Just seems that different hardware will handle it better or worse depending on... who knows really. I've even heard of people improving their framerates by bumping the detail UP. *shrug*

lol, maybe if I turn on real-time raytracing I'll get 3000fps?

Oh, and I got an email from SOE saying they've activated my account now, so no need for credit card info or a game card! \:D/

Who else plays?

Back