Grade Discrimination

dont speak false logic, we are as great as we can be, we are perfection!

TAKE IT FROM US, THE PEOPLE WHO ARE SLIGHTLY OLDER THAN YOU. =/ this is pathetic.

You have got to realize that when you're in an institutionalized environment, like a high-school or college -- and older people are making fun of you for being younger, its not out of malice, but out of affection.

They remember being freshmen themselves, and they feel very nostalgic about it. They were probably teased as freshmen too, for many of the same reasons. The banter that older students give you at school is not real malice, it isn't real hate.

Real hate, and real malice, is when the group that is talking crap to you is totally different from you in some fundamental way, and they hate that difference about you, and they want to destroy it.

The older students don't want to destroy you because you are younger than them, they just want you to grow into one of them.

You have got to realize that when you're in an institutionalized environment, like a high-school or college -- and older people are making fun of you for being younger, its not out of malice, but out of affection.

They remember being freshmen themselves, and they feel very nostalgic about it. They were probably teased as freshmen too, for many of the same reasons. The banter that older students give you at school is not real malice, it isn't real hate.

Real hate, and real malice, is when the group that is talking crap to you is totally different from you in some fundamental way, and they hate that difference about you, and they want to destroy it.

The older students don't want to destroy you because you are younger than them, they just want you to grow into one of them.

HA_HA_HA_OH_WOW.jpg

Well, I admit that some of the meaner students just want to take advantage of you because they are bigger, stronger and smarter -- but that's not usually what its about.

All of my friends hate freshman because they think they're annoying or something.

I could care less.

note the word 'hate'

That letter sounded nothing like affection. Sounded to me like pompous asshole-ism.

Way to miss completely what theotherguy is trying to say.

That letter sounded nothing like affection. Sounded to me like pompous asshole-ism.

But is sounds precisely like affection.

Here is thought process when he wrote it, "Oh man, remember what I was like when I was a freshman? Man, I was a loser, I thought I knew everything. I thought I was so cool! I'm gonna try to scare the new freshmen, wipe that know-it-all look from their faces."

Do you see where he's going with this? He is saying all of these things precisely because that is how HE felt, that is how HE thought has a freshman. He has nostalgic remembered of these feelings, and he's reflecting on how YOU currently feel. It is a subtle, affectionate sort of bonding. (you being freshmen.)

But yes, he is also trying to feel important and show himself to be wiser and older -- but he wouldn't even bother if he didn't care about your opinion. If he really was a pompous asshole who really hated people slightly younger than himself, he would ignore you--and if you got in his way, he would push you aside.

I can't really be bothered to read 6 pages of a thread that's not funny, so I'll say this in response to the first post:

I'm a junior, maybe I should teach that young whippersnapper a lesson. Big ****ing whoop, ONE YEAR!

I would totally dick-whip the guy who wrote this, after having ground his face into hamburger on the pavement. I hate douche bags like this.

I'm a junior, maybe I should teach that young whippersnapper a lesson. Big ****ing whoop, ONE YEAR!

lol please tell me you were being ironic on purpose here.

You call a sophomore a young whippersnapper and yet you're also only 1 year above them.

oh I just realized this was about freshmen in highschool and not college.

In that case its even more understandable and unremarkable.

lol please tell me you were being ironic on purpose here.

You call a sophomore a young whippersnapper and yet you're also only 1 year above them.

No, I was being totally serious.

Serious Face------> :|

This is... well, this is wrong. Or rather, it might not be wrong, it's just not right. High school kids are just dicks. The name of the game is to not show any weakness and to put other people down, lest you yourself be the next victim. Social survival, that's all it is. By College you're supposed to have out-grown it, though.

I hate freshmen.

But in my defence I'm 24 so I hate kids in general. When school kids go out into the world at lunch break you think your being awesome. Really your just annoying everyone else and being a nuisance.

Your at school so the rest of society doesn't have to look upon you polluting the views.

And another thing, stop ****ing staring at groups of adults when your taking up our seats trying to be grown up. Go cause teen pregnancy or something I dunno, but ffs stop gawking at me and my mates when were having a conversation about the real world with real problems that don't involve you.

Nah I jest, but teenagers are pretty stupid.

Back