Graphic problems.

Rizzo

Tank
Reaction score
So, when I start up games, I get all these lines, all over the screen. It's not a problem that I had before, and I have little to no idea how to fix it, so before taking it to somone, I thought I whould ask around here first.
I think my card is called Radeon X1900, I checked at the ATI Catalyst control center...

I'll load up a picture of the problem. Also, it makes my computer freze up when playing certain games.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• namnlös1.jpg
    namnlös1.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 244
Those ATI cards are notorious for overheating.

Also lol black and white 2.

Yeah Black and white :p

So what do I do? I have like 2 big ass fans in there.

Happened to one of my friends graphics cards. I dont ever recall him being able to fix it, I think he just replaced it. However his card was an nVIDIA card, so maybe the problems are different (his didnt have to do with overheating).

Also, yay Black and White 2!!! :D

Well... Getting a new one will be pretty hard, as im straped for cash... Guess I'll have to wait then... Unless someone here comes up with a great idea.

I have one of those cards. It died, not long after purchase. Worst card ever?

Rizzo, it looks broken. Is it still even getting a good frame rate?

Update drivers.
Try disabling Catalyst AI. I've had that cause problems in the past.
Try better cooling methods in your case.
???
Profit!

With that said, I've had a x800xt, x1350 (express), and HD4870. I've never, ever had major problems with ATI.

I would try dusting the PC out as it might be from overheating. Make sure the fan is spinning fine when the PC is on. Otherwise the card might be going. If it just happened I doubt it is drivers (but it would be easy to try to update them).
With that said, I've had a x800xt, x1350 (express), and HD4870. I've never, ever had major problems with ATI.
ditto
Those ATI cards are notorious for overheating.
He is years from when those launched. This type of malfunction is possible on any card after years of use. If his card fit into the "notorious for overheating" it would have done so soon after it was bought.

Happened to one of my friends graphics cards. I dont ever recall him being able to fix it, I think he just replaced it. However his card was an nVIDIA card, so maybe the problems are different (his didnt have to do with overheating).
see...

I did clean it yesterday. It's about 65* C. I tried updating, It always ends with me installing another ****ing ATI catalyst control center. Don't know what im doing really.
I guess I should have someone take a look at it.
Try disabling Catalyst AI. I've had that cause problems in the past.

Where? How?

Cat AI is under the Catalyst Control Center.
It should be under 3D.

Also, 65C is awesome. It isn't over heating if that is the temp. It would have to be 85+ C before you might see an artifact (graphics corrupted from a dots like snow to lines on the screen) from heat.

Back