graphics issue in Episode 1

Reaction score
started playing ep1 when I saw this:
ia0Fr.jpg

I never saw that crappy blue light cone thing before. I verified files and it was still there. Deleted the game folder, re-installed and its still there. But everything else in ep1 seems to be working ok. Is there some setting I should try?

That's a Combine vortex. Mine does look better, its like you have artifacts in the vortex
Machine:
Q9550
3GB ram
5770 everything full

I know what it is, but its just never looked that bad before. Haven't changed my pc's hardware since the last time i played.
3.4ghz pentium
8800 Geforce
2 gig ram.

Doesn't look that bad, just don't look at it. If you HAVE to look at it, get a new gpu, considering yours is 5 years out of date.

I think you card is dieing or overheating, have you cleaned your gfx fan lately?

it's not his setup, it's an error caused by one of the more recent patches to the series. if my instincts are any good, i blame it on the hdr conversion of hl2, which has left similar unintentional artifacts. i wish valve would address it

ah thanks grain for that bit of info. I know my video card is 5+ years i old, but it was near top of the line when i bought it. and it had no problems what so ever running any of the source games then. I didn't notice any other issues in the game so it just might have been that one spot/effect

grain_silo is right. there's nothing with your graphic card. valve ****ed up all the levels with the hdr update.

Can't believe this stuff isn't fixed yet. :( Haven't touched HL2 since shortly after that update last year and I figured by now they would've gotten it straightened out. Started up HL2 yesterday, nope, bugs still there. Only thing I've seen is earlier today I went on steam forums and there's a tidbit from some interview with Gabe and someone else from Valve that they will fix the issues. But surprise, surprise, no ETA on when to expect it. Wish they gave an option to revert back.

Back