Great HL2 Marketing Idea

Anthraxxx

Tank
Reaction score
I think that VALVe should sell actual crowbars with "HALF-LIFE 2" or the little A symbol used for HL and HL2 inscribed on the shaft of the crowbar.... I would definitely buy one if they did make them.

On another note, I sure hope those government bastards don't try and cap the videogame industry by saying that HL2 is too violent and bloody or other things like that. That would be really ghey if they did and I would start a protest on Capitol Hill just to force them to change their minds.

wtf

wtf... no way they'll be selling crowbars with the game!

Imagine the criticism..

Maybe launch a Half-Life 2 cereal box with a cut out paper crowbar on the back cover?

yes....great idea for a game company who live of an industry that is already battling stupid politicians like that bloke(can't remember is name although I should...but it's prolly something stupid) that wanted games banned in the US, to start producing crowbars with their trade mark on it....

that's painting yourself into a corner mate...it'll be pretty hard to prove that there is no connection between HL and the recent murder/assault comitted by a homocidal teen with a lambda-marked crowbar....it would be just what games critics needed to get games banned.

banned games aren't a good marketing stunt for Valve...trust me!

why not have a whole bedroom set , complete with HL2 underwear ;)

a better idea would be to produced plush-toys(sp?)... making little toy animals of the head-crab or the like...

The headcrab hat! Fits conveniently over your whole head!

Would be cool to get a crowbar for purchasing the limited edition HL2 box or maybe even get Gordon's glasses. :LOL:

it'd had to be foam....as I stated above, shipping a game with something that requires very little creativity to become a assault/murder weapon is a bad idea....

Lol marketing ? oh no sell them they'd sell out quick . heh heh id buy a few and take out u guys :p muhahaha

Originally posted by Ghost
I want a set of figures done by Todd McFarlane. I want Gordon, the G-Man, Barney, Shephard, Walter or Dr. Rosenberg, Alyx, and maybe some aliens. I also want a pluchy Snark to throw at my enemies!

For those who don't know Todd's work:

http://www.spawn.com/features/

These are two of my favorites (even if Terminator sucks I still love that figure enough):

http://www.spawn.com/features/mm6/images/queen.photo.01.jpg

http://www.spawn.com/features/t3/images/t850coffin.photo03.jpg

Oh yess!! That would kick ass!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

A better marketing idea would be to put the Doom 3 logo on the crowbars. Look at princes post.

Originally posted by SnowBall
The headcrab hat! Fits conveniently over your whole head!

lolol thats the mintest idea, copyright it quick before i do

Originally posted by Farrowlesparrow
A better marketing idea would be to put the Doom 3 logo on the crowbars. Look at princes post.

nope...it would back-lash at the industry as a whole, not just the one company responsible.

I can just see it now on CNN....

"Live from GameStop in California, where rabid fans of the newly released Half-Life 2 have attacked each other with crowbars in order to get the last copy......"

Originally posted by TheWart
I can just see it now on CNN....

"Live from GameStop in California, where rabid fans of the newly released Half-Life 2 have attacked each other with crowbars in order to get the last copy......"

doh! if they already got the crowbars there's no reason to fight for a copy of the game since they've already got it...

This should be moved to Off-topic for this does not pertain to the game but to its marketing...

Yes, but it is not based on the game itself but how its sold.

well at night I put on a lame suit and go by the name "Daredevil" ;)

no seriously I doubt that anyone is bothered that this thread is in the general discussion as long as it's not discussing hairy monkey nuts or something similar...

Ok, well, just trying to keep this place in proper place.

Originally posted by PriNcE oF SpAcE
yes....great idea for a game company who live of an industry that is already battling stupid politicians like that bloke(can't remember is name although I should...but it's prolly something stupid) that wanted games banned in the US, to start producing crowbars with their trade mark on it....

that's painting yourself into a corner mate...it'll be pretty hard to prove that there is no connection between HL and the recent murder/assault comitted by a homocidal teen with a lambda-marked crowbar....it would be just what games critics needed to get games banned.

banned games aren't a good marketing stunt for Valve...trust me!

While I agree with you on the crowbar idea...The supreme court declared video games are protected under the first amendment...Besides, the industry is way to big now, and worth way too much money.

I'm still guessing that Liebermann(that's his name!) would love that scenario...

and games have already been banned in other contries(dunno if it's still in effect though)...

no real crowbar?.. I will buy my own and make it look like the HL² one. Spray the HL² logo on it and hang it on my wall next to my gassmask and my jason hockey mask. I will 0wn!

Originally posted by PriNcE oF SpAcE
I'm still guessing that Liebermann(that's his name!) would love that scenario...

and games have already been banned in other contries(dunno if it's still in effect though)...

I thnk you're thinking of Senator Joe Baca....

Back