GRID is Now Available on Steam

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
<div align="center">
header.jpg
</div>[br]

As we've reported yesterday, Codemaster's racing game GRID™ is now available on Steam for $39.99. GRID includes Incredible persistent world of racing encompassing Muscle car racing, Drift racing, and Circuit racing in Detroit, San Francisco, Milan, Tokyo, Yokohama, Spa, Le Mans and many more.

[br]<div align="center">
newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
</div>[br]

For more info click here.

Gotta love Steam.

At $100 I would have never got the game since I am not a racing fan yet at $45 (after conversion) its a definite maybe!

So it's actually nothing to do with grids like Sulk originally suggested?

Hot damn.

I tried the demo, and it looks fairly awesome in motion.
But I suck so hard at it! I can't get a grip on the controls,
and I usually end up spinning into a wall every five seconds.

European price

I meant to buy this game when I surprisingly saw not $39.99 but $59.99 in the steam store.
Is there an error on this news post or does it cost more in Europe? Heck the vat is $15 so it goes for $74.99 here...

Well it's $39 here in Kuwait, US and UK

Where are you from?

I have never even heard of this game, but the screenshots look good, the metacritic score is pretty tasty and I'm kind of hankering for a racer. Anyone want to post impressions?

I'm also seeing $59.99, from Rep. of Ireland.

I'm from Sweden. I'm downloading the demo now to see if it's worth the money.

I have never even heard of this game, but the screenshots look good, the metacritic score is pretty tasty and I'm kind of hankering for a racer. Anyone want to post impressions?

I'm also seeing $59.99, from Rep. of Ireland.

I have this on my 360, never been into racing games myself, but I am really enjoying this one, took me a few trips
into the wall to learn the handling but when you do its really exciting stuff, trying to overtake in the middle of a 20 car
pack, with bits of bumper and glass flying everywhere is pretty awsome, the damage is really nice and debris remains
on the track the whole race. Trying to finish with a red warning light without your engine exploding is quite tense.

The replay functions are really good to, if you screw up and get into a wreck, you can rewind time to a point of your
choosing and take the corner again, also the auto-director makes the race replays pretty cool to watch, the in-car
camera is good to.

I've not really pushed into the career mode to far yet, you choose which races to take in which region, untill you earn
enough money to start your own team, which you customize with colors and markings, and overtime you gain sponsor
logos to add aswell, the racing styles are pretty varied, I mainly go with Muscle and Open-Wheelers, I really hate
Drifting.

Anyway thats my view, as I said I dont usually play racers, I have no idea how it is compared to say the GT series,
but I think its great.

59.99 Here + If I want to buy This Subscription Is Not Available for Purchase In Your Country comes up...

Review here for the 360 version.

Tried the demo and pretty impressed :)

Iv played this both on the PS3 and the PC, and I have to say it plays better on a console, so if your uming and arring which platform to get it for go with the consoles.

I heard about this, and I really want to get it. I never antucipated it to be on Steam, though.

Codemasters have a good track record with racers, the reviews so far have been great. Edge gave it a 9.

New price

So I've checked the price again and now it's $49.99 for me (Sweden).
Tested the demo, my wingman wheel wasn't supported nor my gamepad. sad :( although it was fun, but I need more control than I get with the keyboard to fully enjoy it.

I have it for the PS3 (defiantly a console game, keyboard would be sucky). It's amazing, it is easily the best racing game I have ever played. I've never been so immersed, you actually feel like you are driving it. It raises the bar for the genre.

It's a must get if you've got a console.

Back