GTA 4 Graphical Glitch PISSING me off

Tyguy

Space Core
Reaction score
u9bmE.jpg

This is the view of Niko's apartment (technically Roman's I suppose)...I was able to get outside and all I saw were cars, people, and greyness.

I've tried at least 3 drivers to no avail. Specs are in signature. To anyone who can help me out on this, may your crops be plentiful.

Does it still do it when you lower the texture resolution?

No DVD .EXE (crack)?

What hard drive are you using?

I bought the game through STEAM a while back and although there were the occasional crashes, it worked. Fast forward to about 2 weeks ago when I attempted to play again and this is what I'm seeing every time I start the game (and STEAM for that matter).

Anyway, here's some system info that may help.

QHqtz.jpg

when I attempted to play again and this is what I'm seeing every time I start the game (and STEAM for that matter).
If it's doing it across all 3D games, then you know 1) it's not the game's fault, and 2) it's pretty much got to be your display adapter failing (or some kind of video driver error or driver conflict for the display adapter).

Have you changed your hardware configuration since this started?

Maybe the RAM in the card failed. Put any RAM clocks at the default, if you can find out what those are. (Underclocking can cause problems too)

You said it used to have some glitches before this big problem, but did you see this particular issue then?

I've got a pretty similar setup to yours (2.4 GHz Q6600, 1GB ATi 4890, 4GB RAM) and I used to get this glitch sometimes when I start up the game but it would go away if I restarted the game or changed/lowered the display resolution. Since yours is the Steam version, I assume you've got all the title updates?

You said it used to have some glitches before this big problem, but did you see this particular issue then?

This particular glitch is new. Usually my character would load without a body but the environment was still visible.

Since yours is the Steam version, I assume you've got all the title updates?

I assume so, yes. I've adjusted my resolution a number of times but it doesn't seem to help, although this was my only recourse back when I had the initial glitches...which worked.

Oh, I remember having this problem a lot. If I recall, what would fix it is going into your graphic options and resetting the shadows (pretty sure it was shadows) to ANYTHING other than what it is set to now. Save the settings, and go back in game. This may continue to happen each time you start your game, so unfortunately you might have to do that every time.

Back