Guantanamo secret files leaked

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
More than 700 leaked secret files on the Guantánamo detainees lay bare the inner workings of America's controversial prison camp in Cuba.

The US military dossiers, obtained by the New York Times and the Guardian, reveal how, alongside the so-called "worst of the worst", many prisoners were flown to the Guantánamo cages and held captive for years on the flimsiest grounds, or on the basis of lurid confessions extracted by maltreatment.

The files depict a system often focused less on containing dangerous terrorists or enemy fighters, than on extracting intelligence. Among inmates who proved harmless were an 89-year-old Afghan villager, suffering from senile dementia, and a 14-year-old boy who had been an innocent kidnap victim.

The old man was transported to Cuba to interrogate him about "suspicious phone numbers" found in his compound. The 14-year-old was shipped out merely because of "his possible knowledge of Taliban...local leaders"

The range of those still held captive includes detainees who have been admittedly tortured so badly they can never be successfully tried, informers who must be protected from reprisals, and a group of Chinese Muslims from the Uighur minority who have nowhere to go.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/25/guantanamo-files-lift-lid-prison

yes but only government jobs + schools are closed. how is this relevant to the thread topic?

Do Canadian police officers carry guns like American officers, or just batons and such like British officers? Just being curious.

"STOP! ...or I'll say stop again!"

seriously you've never been to canada? cops will shoot you just as dead as they would in america ..but unlike america it's justified 51% of the time

nah that only happens in the west coast. they'll shoot you dead in ontario just for looking at them funny

it's because they're ....

triggerhappy_trigger.jpg

this is sad news. I just can't wait till someone blows the lid of the economic crisis. I'd love to hear who came up with the whole "Lets tank the World Economy so we can each have an extra $100 million dollar bonuses"

Back