Guild Wars?

f|uke

Reaction score
I'm thinking of giving it a go, for something I could play with my cousins (we're all looking for something to play together).

I played EQ ages ago, and while I really enjoyed the social aspects of that game I could not take the tediousness and monthly fees. Guild Wars does away with that, and the reviews say the game is quality.

However it does seem that it is missing some of the interactions I loved so much in EQ. Can you do things like bow, laugh, point, etc? Really is a shame if you cant. And how does the game rate otherwise? Worth the $50?

Emote wise you can - agree, attention, beckon, beg, boo, bored, bow, bowhead, catchbreath, cheer, clap, congrats, cough, dance (better than WoW's), doh, doubletake, fistshake, help, jump, kneel, laugh, moan, no, pickme, point, ponder, pout, ready, roar, shoo, salute, scratch, sigh, sorry, taunt, wave, yawn and yes.

It's basically the same as any other MMORPG except there are no other players running around the world, only inside cities/towns. There are NPC's standing around with exclamation marks above their heads and all that other MMORPG type stuff.

I have it, and I didnt like it all that much. Mostly because rpgs are not my kind of games.

StardogChampion said:
Emote wise you can - agree, attention, beckon, beg, boo, bored, bow, bowhead, catchbreath, cheer, clap, congrats, cough, dance (better than WoW's), doh, doubletake, fistshake, help, jump, kneel, laugh, moan, no, pickme, point, ponder, pout, ready, roar, shoo, salute, scratch, sigh, sorry, taunt, wave, yawn and yes.

It's basically the same as any other MMORPG except there are no other players running around the world, only inside cities/towns. There are NPC's standing around with exclamation marks above their heads and all that other MMORPG type stuff.
Good deal. Not quite as many emotes as EQ2, but still I'm pleased.

Now, if I can get my cousins interested.. one has said he'd rather play City of Heros. meh.
gh0st said:
I have it, and I didnt like it all that much. Mostly because rpgs are not my kind of games.
Thanks for that insight, gh0st ;P Can I have your key?

f|uke said:
Now, if I can get my cousins interested.. one has said he'd rather play City of Heros. meh.Thanks for that insight, gh0st ;P Can I have your key?
Youre welcome.

No.

gh0st said:
Youre welcome.

No.

gh0st you cockfag :LOL:

Anyways, city of heros sucks i'd rather play D and D you guys are all mmo losers!

MarcoPollo said:
gh0st you cockfag :LOL:
America, **** Yeah! ... So lick my butt, and suck on my balls.

What a rediculous movie :E

I'll give you $15 for your cd key!! It's a great once in a life time deal don't past this up. lol :).

F|uke, i can't recommend this game enough - been playing for 2 weeks and can't leave it alone. It's more addictive than any other game I've EVER played and has led to several 6pm-4am sessions over the last couple of weeks.
It's simple. It's fun. It's absolutely MASSIVE. It's stunning on a decent graphics card. It's polished. It's bug-less. It's user friendly. It's free to play. Get it. Now.

Piles McDangerous, lvl 17 W/R

There is still the 20 lvl limit, but it's better this way since you can keep fighting people that are at a similar level.

I love it, exept for one thing.
Devourers, those sons of bitches are like random encounters in the FF games, and the fact that the just don't stop chasing you is annoying. And you can't avoid them, cause you can't see them. I really, really hate devourers.

Grey Fox said:
I love it, exept for one thing.
Devourers, those sons of bitches are like random encounters in the FF games, and the fact that the just don't stop chasing you is annoying. And you can't avoid them, cause you can't see them. I really, really hate devourers.

I REALLY hate it when after your kill one it does "Putrid Explosion", taking about half of your hp off. I died many times because of that. It would weaken me then all the other monsters come in for the kill, and they get it. :sleep:

Vigilante said:
WoRlD of WaRcRaFt PwNs GuIlD wArS

GuIlD wArS' fReE oNlInE pLaY oWnS wOrLd Of WaRcRaFt'S $15 a MoNtH

God that's annoying to type like that.

Vigilante said:
WoRlD of WaRcRaFt PwNs GuIlD wArS
You know what I agree. I used to love GW. But now in GW you can't go anywhere without every damn 5 seconds those devourers coming out of the ground. It's so ****ing annoying to do a quest now. U used to be able to walk on a road and evade the mosters to go to your goal, but not now. And the worst things is, when you are in a fight with like 10 badguys barely killing them guess who decides to come out of the ground and finish you off. It's damn unplayable.
Its like having those damn random encounters in FF every 5 seconds, but in FF you could atleast run away, not here, they just keep on chasing you.

Dose anyone want to trade a my world of warcraft account with a lvl 50 orc hunter and mount on European server for a guild wars account if interested email me on [email protected] . Only if serious about the trade thanx.

Somehow I doubt anyone's going to trade you an account that includes all their credit card details.

StardogChampion said:
Somehow I doubt anyone's going to trade you an account that includes all their credit card details.

The last eight digits are scrambled, as for the billing address, it can be changed.

CR0M said:
F|uke, i can't recommend this game enough - been playing for 2 weeks and can't leave it alone. It's more addictive than any other game I've EVER played and has led to several 6pm-4am sessions over the last couple of weeks.
It's simple. It's fun. It's absolutely MASSIVE. It's stunning on a decent graphics card. It's polished. It's bug-less. It's user friendly. It's free to play. Get it. Now.

Piles McDangerous, lvl 17 W/R
Too late. I bought it yesterday. ;)

I must admit, the engine is awesome. I've never seen a game load so fast, and minimize/restory so smoothly. I'm running at 1024x768 w 4xAA and its smooth as hell..

And there are a ton of players, thats a fact.

The only thing I'm unsure about, really, is that the adventure areas are non-communal. I know in ways thats a 'feature',. but its kinda lonely for an MMORPG. I want to party, but I'm such a n00b that I dont know how to really find a suitable partner.

BTW, If you see an E/Mo named Flux Cathardic, or a N named Sifl Bromide thats me :)

no i deleted my card from the account, but you can add another one.

Hairylee- you could probally get about £50 for that account on ebay. Guild Wars is £18 on Play.com. Don't rip yourself off...
And yes, I know selling account son ebay is illegal, but so is trading the account, so It really makes no difference.

I'm going to buy Guild Wars after my exams, but I doubt I'll play it. I'm only buying it because I know tons of people playing, and it's so darn cheap. Also, I kninda want to see whether it actually lives up to all the hype people have been spreading; because in my eyes it really doesn't. WoW just looks superiour to this game in every way, but I'll just have to see about that.

Its just that i had a shot of the game at my mates house and i love it even more than wow and its free. thanx any way mate. :)

Grey Fox said:
You know what I agree. I used to love GW. But now in GW you can't go anywhere without every damn 5 seconds those devourers coming out of the ground. It's so ****ing annoying to do a quest now. U used to be able to walk on a road and evade the mosters to go to your goal, but not now. And the worst things is, when you are in a fight with like 10 badguys barely killing them guess who decides to come out of the ground and finish you off. It's damn unplayable.
Its like having those damn random encounters in FF every 5 seconds, but in FF you could atleast run away, not here, they just keep on chasing you.

After you get out of Ascalon...there are NO devourers! Its awesome! I've yet to run into another enemy that comes out of nowhere like they do. As soon as you enter the mountans...BAM! They're gone!

Lethal8472 said:
After you get out of Ascalon...there are NO devourers! Its awesome! I've yet to run into another enemy that comes out of nowhere like they do. As soon as you enter the mountans...BAM! They're gone!

Heh heh wait til you get to Druids Overlook...

The devourers never bother me, they only appear in desert regions and are quick and easy to kill. Don't like devourers? stay outta the desert :p It only makes up a fraction of the map anyway. Get out of the seared regions of Ascalon and work your way up into the mountains and then across into the jungle. No devourers.

Sounds obvious, but to get the most outta the game, get a friend to buy it too and hook up with Skype. As usual in online games, most other players in a party are too unreliable and unpredictable, and some are just a pain in the ass. Knowing somebody you can have a laugh with helps a lot.

Last week I bought a black dye for 100g from a noob frenchman, sold personalised armour to some dood for 500g and then taunted him and ran away when he told me he couldn't use it, and almost managed to sell Ascalon to a guy for 80,000g.

How we larfed.

CR0M said:
Heh heh wait til you get to Druids Overlook...

The devourers never bother me, they only appear in desert regions and are quick and easy to kill. Don't like devourers? stay outta the desert :p It only makes up a fraction of the map anyway. Get out of the seared regions of Ascalon and work your way up into the mountains and then across into the jungle. No devourers.

Sounds obvious, but to get the most outta the game, get a friend to buy it too and hook up with Skype. As usual in online games, most other players in a party are too unreliable and unpredictable, and some are just a pain in the ass. Knowing somebody you can have a laugh with helps a lot.

Last week I bought a black dye for 100g from a noob frenchman, sold personalised armour to some dood for 500g and then taunted him and ran away when he told me he couldn't use it, and almost managed to sell Ascalon to a guy for 80,000g.

How we larfed.

Sorry, but you are just an asshole.

Back