*****Half Life 2: Aftermath**** Expansion pack coming summer

It's in the update news! IT'S IN THE UPDATE NEWS!

*dies*

sure it is free and btw hl3 will be free too...

aFireInside0016 said:
I wouldnt expect there to be a boxed version. They could probbly just make it a much smaller download (relatively) but not having to include the entire HL2 engine for us to run it. Know what I mean?

It's not the engine that takes up space, it's the content (maps, textures, models, sounds). The engine itself is ~1% of the total dl size. (look at the bin directory in your steam folder, it's not even 20 megs)

Of course, they will re use some textures and models, but I'd still expect a farily hefty download (~500mb at least).

Uuuhh, heres the right thread. :p
Hmmm, Aftermath...
:D :thumbs:
I'm Hoping my computer won't explode.

Is this going to be some of that episodic content they spoke about initially, or a fully fledged retail expansion pack in the vein of, say, opfor.

If you see the Steam News update, they call this an "episode" so I'm guessing it will be the episodic content of which they spoke a while back.

Holy mc****ing shit!!!!

I can't WAIT to play this expansion!!!

:eek: :D :bounce: :LOL: :) :frog: :cheers:

AAHh so many different emotions!!

*blacks out*

Very nice, I'm just wondering if it will be worth the price... Maybe they could give it to us Silver Account members for free because silver is a cool color! (yeah right :p )

SFLUFAN said:
If you see the Steam News update, they call this an "episode" so I'm guessing it will be the episodic content of which they spoke a while back.
It doesn't say episode, it says expansion.

No, according to PC Gamer (I have a copy.) you play as Gordon.

Infact, the game starts right after, and I mean that very literally, right after Half-Life 2.

Lincoln said:
No, according to PC Gamer (I have a copy.) you play as Gordon.

Infact, the game starts right after, and I mean that very literally, right after Half-Life 2.

:hmph: ....sif they couldn't have just made the first one longer then. Valve - the Microsoft of gaming, strikes again.

Hmmm... that's odd, I wonder why the G-Man would put Gordon in stasis again for a mere few seconds. Seems... kind of silly. G-man stops time, saves Gordon from imminent doom, blabs on about contractors and highest bidder and all that jazz, floating around all flashy like, keeps mentioning "time", and disapears into nothingness only to put him back exactly a few seconds from where he just came from?

can it be sensible enough to work?.. *cue teleporting sounds* Gman: " hmm, seems like your needed sooner than I expected mr freeman, *wheezy inward breath*.. *smirk's*, I hope you, dont mind atall.. *slurrs* .. im sure you would of prefered it this way" *teleporting sounds stop* *Teleported to various locations. as Gman explains what youve just done*.

wilka91 said:
yep, when you buy the game in the euro zone, you actually pay the same amount of money because everyone pays in Dollars, wherever you're from. So since I had to pay 49 bucks with that weird 8 bucks tax, it was 57 dollars >>> 48 euros at the time.
48 euros,i thought it'd be cheaper,i got the boxed copy for 50 euros

ThrasherX9 said:
Hmmm... that's odd, I wonder why the G-Man would put Gordon in stasis again for a mere few seconds. Seems... kind of silly. G-man stops time, saves Gordon from imminent doom, blabs on about contractors and highest bidder and all that jazz, floating around all flashy like, keeps mentioning "time", and disapears into nothingness only to put him back exactly a few seconds from where he just came from?

Yeah, this is what I was wondering too. It seems kinda pointless to remove Gordon from that situation, only to put him right back. Then again, it's less expected....well, not anymore....

Hmm, I think Alyx worked much closer with the G-Man and asked him to wake up Gordon, and so we play as Gordon ;)

I don't want to play as any other character...

And I hope that the requirements for the Lost Coast aren't that high :( I'm going to get a Radeon 9800PRO or X700 (if it comes out on AGP) and probably another stick of 512MB of RAM, but no new processor 'till April 2006 :p And this machine better run the lost coast smooth! :]

Sars said:
:hmph: ....sif they couldn't have just made the first one longer then. Valve - the Microsoft of gaming, strikes again.

Allthough i disagree with the statement that valve is the "microsoft of gaming", i have to admit that the simply awesome quote you use in your sig DOES lend you some credibility.

Loke said:
I hope he dies.
I hope God strikes you down for saying such blasphemy. But seeing as there is no god, I hope Gabe sits on you till he makes you scream; "I'm Barney's biatch!"
Long live Barney and shephard can smeg off!

Barney can go and shove his beer up his *bleep*.
Adrian all the way!

:p

I'm not going to buy unless it's featuring Adrian... I don't really play on the computer much anymore so I wont spend money on something I dont want.

As long as its more challenging then HL2, i'm in. HL2 was an awesome game, but way too easy.

Sparta said:
As long as its more challenging then HL2, i'm in. HL2 was an awesome game, but way too easy.

They've made HL1 Source super-hard. I was playing Half-Life 1 Source through on Hard mode again, and I was shocked by its difficulty.

mortiz said:
They've made HL1 Source super-hard. I was playing Half-Life 1 Source through on Hard mode again, and I was shocked by its difficulty.

Yeah, HL: Source does seem harder.

I think they added a ton of kickback to the MP5.

Your damn right Sparta, I want it to be so hard I smash my computer up. Who wants fun eyh?

DarkStar said:
Yeah, HL: Source does seem harder.

I think they added a ton of kickback to the MP5.
I think its because after playing HL2, we're used to putting down combine in 2 shots to the head, where as it takes about 30 shots in Half-Life

Back