Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, SDK, Source Engine Updates Available

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A big update to HL2DM, SDK and Source has just been released over Steam. Here's the full changelog as posted by Cliffe:
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
<ul >
[*]Added SLAM, Stunstick and Crowbar
</li>[*]Added dm_steamlab
[*]Fixed game_score entity not awarding points
</li>
[*]Added team specific spawn points ( info_player_combine,
info_player_rebel)
</li>
[*]Optimized weapon firing effects bandwidth usage[br]
</li>
[/list]

Source SDK
<ul >
[*]Added source code for Half-Life 2 multiplayer (Run the 'Create a Mod'
link)
</li>
[*]Added ability to create new shaders. See Authoring Shaders In Source for
documentation
</li>
[*]Added new tool (source code included) called DemoTool.exe, which shows
the high-level structure of .dem files
</li>
[*]Added source code for Source Model Viewer included (src\utils\hlmviewer)
</li>
[*]Added source for Half-Life 2's airboat model included
</li>
[*]Fixed issues with Steam account names with &quot;..&quot;
</li>
[*]Fixed Face Poser flex sliders
</li>
[*]Hammer limits framerate in 3D views to 300fps -- eliminates overheating
problems
[br]
</li>
[/list]

Source Engine
<ul >
[*]Fixed screenshots/save games being saved in the wrong place
</li>
[*]Fixed hang in rcon server
</li>
[*]Fixed server crash where banned players could retry/cancel quickly
during connection
</li>
[*]Fixed crash when a user specifies a heapsize that is too large
</li>
[*]Fixed &quot;play&quot; command crashing on dedicated servers
</li>
[*]Fixed bspzip'd assets in maps not loading properly
</li>
[*]Added FCVAR_CHEAT to r_shadowids
</li>
[*]HLTV port/server can be completely disabled by command line parameter &quot;-nohltv&quot;
[/list]
As usual just restart your Steam clients to receive the updates.

Hey hey, for once I'm getting a decent download speed off Steam! 70KB/s! :D

Now it's the wait for the download. Hopefully the dm_facility map will come tommorrow so the end of my week off ends with a bit of gaming.

Does anyone see "fixed hitbox and scoreboard bug"? I hope they fixed that....

otherwise great update!

Is it just me, or do you seem to be able to jump just a tad higher and longer? It didn't feel quite as choped as it used to, but it might just be my imagination

Other than the Deathmatch update, the rest of it means exactly shit to me.

The Slam is cool, but it needs to be tweaked. I played with it for abour 10 minutes, and it's a bit cumbersome to use right now and there are some minor bugs with it.

i can't even play, cause of a problem with an auth server (35) that doesn't let me connect to any server.

I had a problem with my gameinfo.txt file and then trying to start hl2:dm through hammer gave me an error saying something about not finding the launcher DLL

Downloading it right now! Steam doesn't look even overloaded, it uses my whole bandwith, can't wait for new map and weapons.

But.. what about HL2DM Mapping Contest? They also said that they will release them on 17th, right? Or did I misread something... :hmph: We need more maps for DM!

i dont like anything but stun stick....comon valve, ive seen better ametuer maps

It's downloading at only about 50 kb/s when i normally get about 600 kb/s. I cant wait to test this out... its so dang slow :frown:

Sweeeeeeeeeeet. Updating my game now and then it's time for some SLAMMING :)

wlodi said:
But.. what about HL2DM Mapping Contest? They also said that they will release them on 17th, right? Or did I misread something... :hmph: We need more maps for DM!
I those are going to be announced on the 28th... not positive though

Does anyone know if they added the SLAM in dm_lockdown and dm_overwatch? I couldn't find it in lockdown :/

Evil^Milk said:
i can't even play, cause of a problem with an auth server (35) that doesn't let me connect to any server.

Me too, I think we got owned by the update. I cant also access some servers with [temp] server out of date or something similar to that....though this Steam Id from auth server (35) worries me a bit and pisses me off :flame:

Server problems have been fixed.

Close down steam and delete clientregistery.blob

diluted said:
Does anyone know if they added the SLAM in dm_lockdown and dm_overwatch? I couldn't find it in lockdown :/

after playing dm_steamlab for hours, i wanted the SLAM in overwatch and lockdown. are they gonna add it later or whats the deal? all the custom maps now dont have that weapon spawning so i guess we have to wait for all the lvl designers to add it themselves

Aww, no SLAM in lockdown, or overwatch? bummer, slam is pretty cool, excpet for a few bugs (like when you place it on a physics object and then pick the object up with the gravity gun and the mine is floating in mid-air... :rolleyes: )

to fix the auth server problem, you can try logging off, then on again.

if that doesn't work, try ^ben's suggestion.

I got the authserver errors for the first 2 hours after release. Seems okay with CS:Source now.

The SLAM is pretty neat. I think it'll be good in team deathmatch, because in regular deathmatch with a lot of players, it's a little too frantic to set effective traps. They definitely make a big boom.

Steamlab is a nice map, too. Great update!

Neat :) everything works dandy!

Oh and for cheap trick, go into steamlabs, and place a lasermine where the player teleports to for an insta-kill :)

*edit* Oh and the headcrab in the SteamLabs sets off the laser mine too :p be careful!

Need Slam in the other maps :( By the way, only just played Watergate, brill map Pi.

Put up som screenshots on the map whenever you can, Chris_D, will ya? :D

it doesnt work for me, when i go onto hl2 deatmatch, my background is like half-life2's origonal background, and i get "new game" "load game" etc.

and my game is fully up to date

Back