Half-Life 2: Ep. 3 Release Date

I would say a bit realistic. I'm not very optimistic about an early release date. This is Valve, after all.

I honestly don't care how long it takes, though in the next year or so would be perfect. I know that the more time it takes for it to be released means how much effort Valve is putting into it, which is promising.
Better a long wait that fills you with anticipation and leaves you stunned than a surprise, forced release thats disappointing.

My take in this is...I understand the meaning of "episodic" content no longer holds any weight. Fine, it happens when you're so damn good at what you do. I hate that they're taking so long, but I love the fact that are to make the game just as good as the others (asking for perfection is grounds for failure, it has to happen naturally like HL2). But I'm just curious, we havent heard a word from Valve about the third episode in a while, I'm just wondering if they are even developing it like they should be...Sure some might say "well yah its going to come out next year duhh" but still, how do we know what they are up to and whether or not we should still hold faith towards episode 3 at all? L4D looks crazy, no doubt. But it would be nice and reassuring if they released at least a blog post or an interview or a sentence that it is infact going well.

I cant cite exactly where but when I read that Valve doesn't know what to do with episode 3 I got kind of nervous...I truly hope they are doing well and have not left episode three building up dust while focusing on other things. My fear is that maybe they are losing passion in the series, and I sincerely hope I am just being a lame nerd about that and hope that that claim is way off. Episode 2 is just...too f*ing good. I love the graphics more than Crysis, which I for one believe the gameplay sucks on. HL2, E1, and E2 know how to set a "climate", which is rare on other games. Maybe Bioshock, but not as much. I'm actually trying to put my HL2 original back on here to play on hard settings with my new overclocked 9600m card. Running @ 800/1050/1750 for now.

My take in this is...I understand the meaning of "episodic" content no longer holds any weight. Fine, it happens when you're so damn good at what you do. But I'm just curious, we havent heard a word from Valve about the third episode in a while, I'm just wondering if they are even developing it like they should be...Sure some might say "well yah its going to come out next year duhh" but still, how do we know what they are up to and whether or not we should still hold faith towards episode 3 at all? L4D looks crazy, no doubt. But it would be nice and reassuring if they released at least a blog post or an interview or a sentence that it is infact going well.

I cant cite exactly where but when I read that Valve doesn't know what to do with episode 3 I got kind of nervous...I truly hope they are doing well and have not left episode three building up dust while focusing on other things. My fear is that maybe they are losing passion in the series, and I sincerely hope I am just being a lame nerd about that. Episode 2 is just...too f*ing good. I'm actually trying to put my HL2 original back on here to play on hard settings.
I think Valve is teasing us. Making it so that when they do release info on episode 3, it'll cause a shitstorm of nerdgasms, hahah.
I don't know, I'm expecting some info on it in maybe spring 09. I read somewhere they might be doing Portal 2 also, so they could be caught up in that.
But if Valve has pushed episode 3 on hiatus, I will eat my hat. They're cooking up something.

Yeah, Valve has my support 100%. They are just so innovating, fresh and always know that the meat comes down to environment + gameplay + headcrab WTFDIDTHATCOMEOUTOFs. Most games I play don't touch well on either one. I hope they succeed on everything they launch, but don't forget what we're really waiting for...

I know someones going to flame me for making up stupid shit and there's probably not too many people who agree with me with the fact that Valve -could- be neglecting E3 a little bit but thats okayy. I don't work for Valve so there's no way I could know wtf is going on in there. For all I know, they could be holding crazy developing sessions everyday for episode 3 that will make fans trip balls.

I don't know why I care so much about a 2D god-damn PC game. It's just a game! But I cant help it =(

Yeah, Valve has my support 100%. They are just so innovating, fresh and always know that the meat comes down to environment + gameplay + headcrab WTFDIDTHATCOMEOUTOFs. Most games I play don't touch well on either one. I hope they succeed on everything they launch, but don't forget what we're really waiting for...

I know someones going to flame me for making up stupid shit and there's probably not too many people who agree with me with the fact that Valve -could- be neglecting E3 a little bit but thats okayy. I don't work for Valve so there's no way I could know wtf is going on in there. For all I know, they could be holding crazy developing sessions everyday for episode 3 that will make fans trip balls.

I don't know why I care so much about a 2D god-damn PC game. It's just a game! But I cant help it =(
You are not alone, my friend. If Ep3 was dropped I would go emo. I'm just so intoxicated by the characters, the story, the enemies, GMAN...
Everything is so addictive, it's not hard to start caring about the game. And the way each character is modeled so perfectly, I flipped out when Alyx got in that -conundrum- with the Hunter.
And don't even get me started about the ending. :LOL:

I'm just so intoxicated by the characters, the story, the enemies, GMAN...
Everything is so addictive, it's not hard to start caring about the game.
Yes yes yes! You got it down exactly! EVERYTHING is just so well executed. Every character model matches their voice, they are all lovable, dialogue is really engaging, the enemies are sooooo freaking awesome. You wanna kill the combine but you cant help but laugh @ the way they freak out when you throw a grenade at them. I cant even hate the enemies, they make it so worth it :LOL:. And the blue gravity gun at the end of HL2, where you can suck up the combine and fling them like ragdolls was so hilarious :LOL: I felt bad for them.

& dont ruin it for me, I didn't even start episode one yet. I did open up episode one and two to look at the graphics, and the first five minutes on each made me instantly addicted.

Edit: Awesome tshirt:

Zoom_GoodD0gShirt.jpg

Did I mention how AWESOM-O dog is? Most bad-ass robot evar!!!

Yes yes yes! You got it down exactly! EVERYTHING is just so well executed. Every character model matches their voice, they are all lovable, dialogue is really engaging, the enemies are sooooo freaking awesome. You wanna kill the combine but you cant help but laugh @ the way they freak out when you throw a grenade at them. I cant even hate the enemies, they make it so worth it :LOL:. And the blue gravity gun at the end of HL2, where you can suck up the combine and fling them like ragdolls was so hilarious :LOL: I felt bad for them.

& dont ruin it for me, I didn't even start episode one yet. I did open up episode one and two to look at the graphics, and the first five minutes on each made me instantly addicted.

Edit: Awesome tshirt:

Zoom_GoodD0gShirt.jpg

Did I mention how AWESOM-O dog is? Most bad-ass robot evar!!!

Great picture of dog... where have you found it?

I know one of you guys out there has bought a headcrab hat!!!! Take a pic and share it with us!!!

Of course they will take a picture, you don't have to tell them about this... i really want to see live person with headcrab hat.

The longer Valve takes to make the game, the better the final product will be. I've heard that the game will be longer than HL2, but that's just a speculation. But I wouldn't be surprised if they released it in 2010.

On Wikipedia write that EP3 will be release at the end of this year.

it dosent say it will be released at then end of the year it says that there will be news or an announcement of it.

no problembo.

I really hope that episode 3 comes out around mid 2009 not the end or 2010.

At this point, I would be happy with a teaser trailer. As for now though, I'm perfectly content with L4D until Ep. 3 comes out.

I played the demo but I can't be bothered to get the full thing.

i sincerly dont think itll be realesed then. i think 2012 is probebly when it will be realesed.

i sincerly dont think itll be realesed then. i think 2012 is probebly when it will be realesed.

It turns out when Nostradamus was making his prediction for the end of the world, he was seeing glimpse of the end of Episode 3 instead

It turns out when Nostradamus was making his prediction for the end of the world, he was seeing glimpse of the end of Episode 3 instead

lucky bastard i might have to go back in time with my refrigerater time machine and ask him what he saw so i can see how it ends!:LOL:

I think he will reply by locking you up in chains and torturing the **** out of you.

Olden times suck, aye?

well how would you like it if they rushed it and ****ed it up and when it gets released it ****ing sucks? i'd rather wait a while and get a ****ing awesome game

Is necro-posting some sort of psychological tick that occurs to every new poster here? Guys, come on. LOOK AT THE DATE OF THE LAST POSTER. IT'S ABOVE THEIR NAME. IF IT'S MORE THAN THREE WEEKS OLD, DON'T POST.

Back