Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Soundtrack

A couple of things:

1. what do you use to record equipment/ software wise? especially for the drums
2. your talent in composing is evident. The first track you posted didnt seem half-life-ish to me, however the rest definitely were. I enjoyed them. The beat in "Finally a Free Man" reminded me of 78 by Prizefighter Inferno a little bit with the machinery sounds in background.

@Sledgehammer: thank You! I understand what You mean.

@FeliX 450: thank You very much for Your opinion! I'm glad You are honest to me and respecting it. I think the new track could convince You ;).

@coheedswicked:

1. I use Keyboard, Guitar, Drums as a hardware and Ableton Live 7 with many VSTIs as a software. I have Drum VSTI (Hypersonic 2, SampleTank 2) as well, but don't use it as often. I made a big oneshot drum collection and modify it everytime.

2. I thank You SO much for these kind words! I hope YOu'll enjoy the new track as well.

Half-Life 2: Episode Three Soundtrack (Motionless)

Wish You all a nice Sunday and stressless week ahead,

a-chill

NxSG

Hey NxSG! Do you remember me? It's Gordonfreeman502, from Youtube. In case you don't remember me, I gave you Gabe Newells Email adress.

As always I'm impressed, keep up the good work, who knows maybe you'll land a job at VALVe working alongside the great Kelly Bailey.

...Thank you for the necro. Please move to your right and walk out the door as the mods lock it behind you. :D

@GordonFreeman502: Hi, of course I remember You my friend! Thank You very much for checking out my new YT account. Yeah who knows, maybe someday. Thanks a bunch for all the wishes and support!

a-chill

NxSG

GOD

I realllly like your Half-Life 2: Episode Three (Credit Theme) !!!
It amazing how did you "got it" whole Half life universe and whole gamers feeling...
Im keep listening only this song for whole week now...and the best thing is that I dont want even check the rest becouse I dont want to spoil the feeling.

Its one of those things when you play this beautyfull game and then at the end with song like this(or like every soundtrack from hl) you find out that you speend whole day in your house playing it and day is almoust over and you look thro the window and music like that is playing in the background...and I cant describe it but theres something creppy floating in the air...its just beautyful.

Please keep em coming...please.

@Apiary: wow, thank You very much my friend! I really, really appreciate Your feedback!

I'll keep giving my best for You all!

BTW here is the link to the whole soundtrack:

Half-Life 2: Episode 3 (NxSG Soundtrack):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WZD6UI55

Enjoy it,

a-chill

NxSG

Nothing can beat Kelly Bailey

Oh wow, great way of stating the obvious! His intention was never to 'beat' Kelly Bailey (and I absolutely loathe the term 'beat' in the music industry because all forms of music is so subjective)! His intention was to construct something he felt passionate about and wanted to share and that may perhaps have been influenced by Kelly Bailey's work.

Fantastic effort NxSG. Keep up the solid work.

Yeah, I really like this too. I think it would normally be difficult to nail down the "sound" found in most Half Life tracks, but this got it in my opinion.

Great job.

@brad92: thank You very much for Your support and these kind words! You are absolutely right about the forms of music.

@Wanted Bob: I'm glad to read this - thank You many times!

I really appreciate all Your feedback and interest!

Wish You all a nice and stressless weekend,

a-chill

NxSG

@Atomic_Piggy: hehe, I'm really glad to read this, thank You very much! It's most important thing for me.

a-chill

NxSG

Half-Life music is not the strong point of Half Life series, some beats are too generic and dont fit the epic scale, imagine Martin O Donnell from Halo...does music for Half Life 2 EP3? Now that will be EPIC!

Half-Life music is not the strong point of Half Life series, some beats are too generic and dont fit the epic scale, imagine Martin O Donnell from Halo...does music for Half Life 2 EP3? Now that will be EPIC!

I can't really recall any Halo songs from memory and with Half Life, I can think in my head the song and it comes easily. So therefore;

Half Life music > Halo music

also this soundtrack rocks! NxSG: you should post that here too: http://www.hlfallout.net/

@General Jewel: as I said, I composed this unofficial soundtrack to make the waiting time for the game shorter. Everybody has his own opinion about this. Thank You for Yours.

@Warped: thank You very much my friend! Oh cool, I'll do it right now.

Wish You all a nice and stressless week ahead,

a-chill

NxSG

Gotta agree with Barnz, doesn't sound anything like HL. Especially with the mood set, with the fact that
Eli was killed and all.

Don't think it sets the tone for the beginning of the next episode.

^ Me neither. I just can't find that mystical setting in none of your works. But hey, don't worry, your stile is just different. If you could, make it sound more deep, with the pity fact that Eli's ........ in mind. Half-Life soundtracks shouldn't sound like rap, instead they should be dark, not that much energetic, depressing in parts and in whole tracks. Listen to some HL2 works, you'll see what I meant.. or at least what I didn't.

Hence, for fight scenes they could sound jumpy and energetic, but not that much that they sound like rap.

I do like your work above all, really :)

@JUL3: You are very kind - thank You very much!

@PeteyMax & pNp_Oski: thank You guys for listeting and leaving a feedback! As I've already said - I don't want to copy Mr. Bailey or Mr. Morasky - my soundtrack is my interpretation of the game. But there will be tracks, which will be dark and dramatic, don't worry - I'm working on them ;).

Wish You all a nice and stressless week,

a-chill

NxSG

I love it Alex, keep up the great work. Valve will have to hire you sooner or later!

@JUL3: thank You thousand times, my dear friend! You are the best ;). I'll keep giving my best!

Wish You a nice and stressless week,

a-chill

NxSG

Good as standalone music, but I don't think it fits the Half-Life universe at all. It seems too FakeFactory-esque.

@Apiary: thank You! As my subscriber on YouTube, You'll get it in the next download-link-list update ;).

@wcability109: thanks! You're right.

@MorganFreeman911: well, try to play this music while playing EP 2 f.e. Thank You for Your feedback anyway - I'm glad You like them ;).

Hi guys,

I think You will like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0tgRpQCvic

Thank You very much for Your support and listening to my music. I appreciate that a lot.
I love You!

Wish You all a beautiful, successful and happy NEW YEAR!

a-chill

NxSG

Really good job, you should try and get them into something like Black Mesa Source hah :3. I love all the music in the HL2 games, I think these do suit the style that Kelly Bailey creates.

@Baatezu: oh nice, thanks a lot! It's a big compliment for me.

Wish You a nice and stressless week ahead,

a-chill

NxSG

Back