Half-Life 2 = Game of the Year at IGN

Reaction score
On top of the game's four previous achievements (best use of sound, best graphics, best first-person shooter and best pc game), Half-Life 2 has also been named as best overall game of the year from IGN, beating out other nominees Metroid Prime 2 and Burnout 3.
Like some of you out there, I wanted to laugh at all the hype, dismiss Steam, and gawk at how all the money, development, and ravings of bulletin board users worldwide amounted to nothing more than some stupid piece of crap with a funny install. I wanted to, but after I played it I just couldn't. Half-Life 2 is just fantastic, and it's definitely the best game I've played all year.
To read the full verdict, click here. To read the rest of the awards given at IGN, click here.

We Are The Champions, We Are The Champions, No Time For Losers, Cause We Are The Champions.... Of The World!!!

yay! something to throw at my halo 2 fanboy friends!!!

(im kinda confused on how rome total war beat hl2 for sound in the pc section but not in the overall section... oh the contradictions....)

riles said:
yay! something to throw at my halo 2 fanboy friends!!!

(im kinda confused on how rome total war beat hl2 for sound in the pc section but not in the overall section... oh the contradictions....)
I haven't played RTW but the sound has to be very good to beat HL2's sound :)

But I'm happy it's HL2 and not some consolegame like Metroid Prime 2, Burnout 3, Halo 2 or GTA SA :)

Back