Half-Life 2: Raising the Bar, apparently pushed back.

Adam

Reaction score
I just came back from the mall. At EB Games they said they don't have the book, and to try the book store downstairs. I go there, and ask for the book, and the lady at the counter looks in the computer and says she has it, then she promptly goes to the back room, and returns with a book in her hand called "Raising the Bar" with a picture of a bicyclist on it.. I'm like, no this is not it, the book im looking for is about Half-Life 2 which is a game, and it is about the making of it. So she checks the computer again, and she tells me she found a book called Half-Life, but that its about some odd story about someone who is gay. Im like, gee does that sound like a pc game? After more searching she is like "Oh here we go.. The making of Half-Life 2: Raising the Bar, it's not out yet, it's release date is november 23rd. Would you like to preorder it?" With a stunned look on my face I tell her that the book was supposed to be out today, and that there was a press release about it being out worldwide today. She told me the must have pushed it back and that it is a common thing for books.

What the heck is going on?

Adam said:
... returns with a book in her hand called "Raising the Bar" with a picture of a bicyclist on it.. I'm like, no this is not it, the book im looking for is about Half-Life 2 which is a game, and it is about the making of it. So she checks the computer again, and she tells me she found a book called Half-Life, but that its about some odd story about someone who is gay. Im like, gee does that sound like a pc game? ...

:LOL:

Adam said:
I just came back from the mall. At EB Games they said they don't have the book, and to try the book store downstairs. I go there, and ask for the book, and the lady at the counter looks in the computer and says she has it, then she promptly goes to the back room, and returns with a book in her hand called "Raising the Bar" with a picture of a bicyclist on it.. I'm like, no this is not it, the book im looking for is about Half-Life 2 which is a game, and it is about the making of it. So she checks the computer again, and she tells me she found a book called Half-Life, but that its about some odd story about someone who is gay. Im like, gee does that sound like a pc game? After more searching she is like "Oh here we go.. The making of Half-Life 2: Raising the Bar, it's not out yet, it's release date is november 23rd. Would you like to preorder it?" With a stunned look on my face I tell her that the book was supposed to be out today, and that there was a press release about it being out worldwide today. She told me the must have pushed it back and that it is a common thing for books.

What the heck is going on?

u can do a search here on cliffe's posts where he did say the book should be available on the 12th (today) but he also said shipments may arrive the day of.. so pple would probably receive their copy on Saturday or Monday.. i am leaning more towards Monday.. for some odd reason ;)

:LOL: Stereotypical young American lass, i bet she was blonde too... :D

Yup gamestop is saying the 19th.

Barnes & Noble has it listed as Nov 23 also. :| Amazon.com says it's shipping.

I checked B&N, Walton Books in the mall, Best Buy and Gamespot all said the 23rd :( Maybe it just us on the East Coast... anyone get the book yet?

Ok i will check monday maybe my order will be in if not then i'll wait for the 23rd.

Back