Half-Life 2 Scores in PC Gamer (UK)

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The subscribers to print magazines such as PC Gamer, PC Zone and PC Gameplay have slowly started receiving their advance copies of the magazines before they hit the stores.[br]
[br]
Congratulations to our forum member, Scorps, who as far as we're aware is the first person to read and report the result in this thread.[br]
[br]
As for the score...[br]
PCGamer(UK) 96%​
[br]Exactly one year after our hopes were crushed last September 30th, this year we get a treat. This year we've found out that the long wait has all been worth it.[br]
[br]
We'll give you more information later on.[br]Thanks to DigiQ8 for letting me know quickly about this thread which was posted by Scrops.

i dont really care from the score , i wanna read the interview and the new videos

Bloody hell.

That's only the second game they've given that score to. The other was Half-Life.

Omg, it truly is the best game in years :D

Always trusted valve, and now it pays of..

All the ppl who were negative: BE ASHAMED :p

PWNED!!! HAHA!!!! Now can all the naysayers shut up!!! WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!111!!!!1!

the poster in the oringal thread said the Magnet vid was just named (says its the Coatslike bink we got)

EDIT: Chris_D has anyone else said they've seen the review yet?

truly amazing!!! Valve got it right.. this has made all the waiting more than worth it!!

can't wait to read the reviews :D

Can't say I'm surprised, and am glad it's been worth the wait!

Oh, and btw, PC Gamer UK are always right, in my experience...
Heh

Ace like my face!

All my fellow geeks must have cleared out the copies in WH Smith before I got there...the buggers ;(

Edit - I just read the news post again, subscribers are getting it now, whoopsie :p

mbrithoms said:
Hl2 96%, Rome total war 95% lol

Cant compare them. Rome Total war is a RTS. Half-Life 2 is a FPS.

Anyway wow very nice score.

YAY! :D what a great day this is...The waiting has not been in vain! :)

I'm still waiting for the EDGE result tbh. Its the only games magazine I agree with.

So, When does the UK version of PC Gamer with the HL2 review hit the shelves?

This is just great news...all this waiting...
Gonna buy that issue when it comes out in Finland :thumbs:

omg 96 thats awesome :p
atleast they know a good game when they see one

what score did doom 3 get from the advance PC gamer review? anyone know?

Woohoo! I didn't expect a lower score but I'm still very relieved. Usually I get my PC Gameplay issue on Friday and that's tomorrow :cool:

Biozeminade said:
edit: yes 94%.

Wrong, Doom 3 got 90%.

I bloody well knew HL2 would get the same score as HL1, it was destined to be.

96%. Wow .. Almost pure alcohol .. That's gotta pwn.
:p

I knew Valve could do it! I'm proud of them :E

Goddamn.

You know, I'm not too interested in the score and the review, but it's the trickle of information over the last couple of days that's made me change my mind about an important decision. I've been planning to buy a laptop for a few months. The start of this week, I was set on a 12" Apple Powerbook. Now, I'm going to get a Vaio (i.e. a Windows laptop), at an extra cost of about £250, pretty much only because of HL2...

thats the score I voted for in all the polls that popped up speculating the review score.

however it seems slightly low... then again I dont subscribe to PC gamer UK or US, so I wouldnt know their rating system.... if Doom3 got 94% thats a bad sign.. if as someone else noted it instead (d3) got 90%.. thats much better.

anyway, I wanna hear what Gamespot and IGN have to say about it (the two I do visit often, mostly Gamespot)

Wow, 96% - I was estimating around 95, so I'm happy :bounce: .

Is it true that PC Gamer France gave FarCry 99%? That's what I was told.

Tequila said:
Wrong, Doom 3 got 90%.

I bloody well knew HL2 would get the same score as HL1, it was destined to be.

HL2> Doom 3

Congrats to Valve for such a game that can get 96% on PCG :)

James Isaac said:
Is it true that PC Gamer France gave FarCry 99%? That's what I was told.
I never heard of this but if it's true it's sick. A game can't be that good, the singleplayer was nice but the multiplayer sucks. And a perfect game must have good single AND multiplayer.

Anyway, 90% for Doom 3 is still to high imo. In the PC Gameplay it got a 8.6 and that's fair to me according to the multiplay and AI that are far worse than in Far Cry. And the singleplayer in Far Cry takes much longer to complete and offers more variation. And Far Cry has got a score of 9.3 in PC Gameplay.

It would be very cool if HL2 gets a 9.6 in PC Gameplay too, because thats a whole point more than the 8.6 of Doom 3 :LOL:, that will keep the Doom 3-fankids silent for a while :LOL: .

farcrap

and that 4 % goes to .......

EDIT: CAN WE ALL STOP COMPARING HALF LIFE 2 TO FARCRAP!!!!!

Back