Win a copy of F1 Race Stars (PC)

Ren.182

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Ok guys. Competition time! :D Since I've only had one entry in the other thread (and that entry is now useless since he's already won one!) I've decided to make it's own thread so people will actually see this.

I've bought a couple of PC copies of F1 Race Stars (redeemable on Steam!) to give away as a thank you for helping me get to where I am now.

One of the copies is guaranteed to go to one of the guys who helped me test my test level in Trackmania last year. The other copy is open to anyone (Including people in the list below in the quote box) so any member of VT.net can enter :) (Dekstar won the copy for helping me test my level last year)

To win all you need to do is play the demo and see who can get the fastest time around the Germany track. Post a screenshot of your time and you'll get a ticket in the hat. People with the fastest time will get extra tickets in the hat? (1st place gets 3 extra tickets, 2nd get 2 and 3rd gets 1 extra? Everyone else gets 1 ticket. Does that sound fair?)

If anyone can think of a better method for running the competition then feel free to post it here. I think it should involve getting the best time in the demo though. Shame time trial isn't activated in the demo!

You can get the demo here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/203680/

So, post up your times and you'll get an entry! It's probably best to give it a race a couple of times at least as you might get lucky and get better powerups etc, leading to a better time! Also, racing in 3,000cc is faster than 2,000cc and 1,000cc. I guess you can use any cc class you like, but in 2,000cc you will never beat anyone playing at 3,000cc.

I'll send the winners the keys to put into Steam. If you wish I can send you the case, DVD etc. in the post too. :)

Competition will close probably sometime around late Monday Friday night (23/11/2012). I'll give a few hours warning before it ends to give people chance.

Hints and tips for getting a better time

KERS Corners:
KERS Corners are marked by starry blue sections on the tracks. Charge up your KERS by releasing and reapplying your accelerator to get bigger boosts. The video below shows you how it's done:

Jump Boosts:
If you manage to get some air time within the track (There are at least two places where you can get some air) release your accelerator whilst in mid-air and as you land slam back on your accelerator to give yourself a jump boost!

Shortcuts and secret routes:
There are a number of shortcuts within Germany and there is also a secret route which you can only reach if you have a special item. These are present on all of our tracks. It might be worth seeking these out to get a faster time

Team perks:
Each team has their own perk/bonus. It might be worth trying out the different teams. Maybe one will grant you more boosts or perhaps another driver will allow you to get ahead of the AI easier?!

Print screen works in-game, you'll just need to copy it to an image editing program afterwords. Also there's Steam screenshots.

Any problems or if you need any help just give me a shout. :)

Good luck guys!

TL;DR - Play the F1 Race Stars demo. Post a screenshot of your best time to be in with a chance to win.

This competition is in no way affiliated with Codemasters or anything. Doing this out of my own pocket and out of the kindness of my own heart! :]

Nice idea, Ren. It seems like a fun little racer and I've been tootling around with the demo for the past few days, so I may as well throw my hat in.

Here's my time for people to thrash in every subsequent post:

DqN18.jpg

I dunno Laivasse, that's a pretty decent time. In the other thread you can see I managed a 3:47.

Postsecret: I make loads of attempts to get a good lap time on F1 Race Stars Demo in order to improve my chances of winning a contest, then I pretend to think it's a rubbish time in order to appear casual and uninvested.

Still, it's pretty beatable I reckon. The whole second lap was a mess. Whatever happens I'm content to have at least one ticket in the hat. I'm surprised more people haven't entered already, though, this is a really nice-looking little kart-em-up. Now I just feel like a scavenger.

Well at the moment you've got 3 tickets in the hat ;)

It's not a bad time considering you've got to put up with the AI too. I'm not sure if this happens in the demo but in the full game the AI adjusts to how well you play over time. Might be an idea to do terrible for a few races, maybe the AI will scale back a bit, giving you more chance to get ahead. Also, make use of the shortcuts!

Yeah I worked on the race tracks for this game. I didn't get to meet Maldonado, sadly. Lewis Hamilton's brother has been into the studio though and kicked all the devs asses at F1 2012!

And Maldonado's special skill is a Ghost Boost, so basically whenever you boost you turn into a ghost so you don't take damage or hit other cars... I guess the real Maldonado could do with that! :D

too bad the demo wont stay open for me...it closes and sends me to desktop without warning :/ ...but heres is a screenshot of the furthest i got untill the game crashed
f1rs.jpg

Joaquin, do you get any errors or anything?

And I've, Hobby, yep there's still plenty of time. Competition now closes Friday night.

nope...nothing at all :/ then it launches again with no problem and again...no warning (and randomly) it closes again i cant be in the game more than 1 minute

Damn,need to format my pc.Can't start the game for some reason...
Ren,really glad for your new job :D

Back