Half-Life 2 vs. Doom 3 vs. Halo 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Emptive_Release

Many believe there is some competition on how hl2, d3 & halo 2 will stack up against each other. I`m here to tell you that the fact of the matter is they are both fps, scary, and have great graphics. What annoys me is people are not looking at the fact that hl2 will have more depth than both of the other 2 ( saying physics and how much can be done). Here are some specs to consider.

Half-Life 2
1. Physics engine
2. worked on for over 5 yrs
3. beautiful graphics
4. soon to be announced multiplayer
5. unscripted events

Doom 3
1. real time lighting effects
2. scripted events
3. 4 player multi-
4. dark and scary
5. no team work

Halo 2
1. without xbox has nothing
2. great multiplaying
3. fast paced
4. no more pistols in multiplayer
5. more vehicles and destructible objects

Give me your opinions on this debate (plz no flaming)

Game vs Game posts are pointless, esspeacialy for unreleased games, most gamers dont care, and most hardcore gamers who do pretend to care will end up buying all of them anyway, with the exception of Halo 2 which depends on whether u have an XBox or not lol.

What is THIS doing here.
Old discussion as far as I can see...

Sigh.

And your sig, who get's high on oxygen? wtf?
You get a little dizzy if you breathe too hard but...

AND most of your information is wrong/pointless.

Ahh, I am flaming aren't I? ;)

Emptive_Release said:
Many believe there is some competition on how hl2, d3 & halo 2 will stack up against each other. I`m here to tell you that the fact of the matter is they are both fps, scary, and have great graphics. What annoys me is people are not looking at the fact that hl2 will have more depth than both of the other 2 ( saying physics and how much can be done). Here are some specs to consider.

Half-Life 2
1. Physics engine
2. worked on for over 5 yrs
3. beautiful graphics
4. soon to be announced multiplayer
5. unscripted events

Doom 3
1. real time lighting effects
2. scripted events
3. 4 player multi-
4. dark and scary
5. no team work

Halo 2
1. without xbox has nothing
2. great multiplaying
3. fast paced
4. no more pistols in multiplayer
5. more vehicles and destructible objects

Give me your opinions on this debate (plz no flaming)
I personally have no doubt that Doom3 will be a much better game simply becauase of the talent of the people working on it, their philosophy, and the things they have produced in the past. All the crap you said doesn't mean anything at all.

4 player multi for doom III? OMG thats like totally awesom...awesomely dumb! 4 player multi is for console games, not PC games. Pfft. half-life 2 wins against that bigtime :)

Just in multiplayer alone. Heh

doom 3 has no multiplayer meaning hl2 automatically beats it. Doom 3 also has a boring story

PatPwnt said:
doom 3 has no multiplayer

WRONG!

I played ****ing D3 MP at QuakeCon.

Also iD hired a professional horror novelist to write D3's story.

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I think Daikatana is far better than any of these fancy-pancy "next generation" games that everyone's talking about.

This should be moved where the same name of a thread is used as an example in the GAMING section.

My oppinion:
1:HL2(of course...or else i would be reading Halo 2 or Doom 3 forums instead)

2:Halo 2(multiplayer, good story, master cheaf looks awesome, i like that futuristic style and good team work,i hope)

3:Doom 3(not my type of game.***nning around in the dark, getting an hartattack all the time..and feels like its goung to be quite linear(only a hunch), not a good story)

ppl stopp being so mean all the time :|

hehe..funny sig :LOL:

You can actually get high on oxygen....thats why you get the masks on planes. If the planes gonna crash and your high as a kite then your muscles will be relaxed and you'll have a better chance of surviving the impact.

Oh do you see how much I care about the original post! :p

Bicka said:
You can actually get high on oxygen....thats why you get the masks on planes. If the planes gonna crash and your high as a kite then your muscles will be relaxed and you'll have a better chance of surviving the impact.

Oh do you see how much I care about the original post! :p
Thats because we are so used to the poision we call air. If the air was accualty healthy we wouldnt get as high as we do with masks, it would probably just relax us.

If you reverse "dumb" it spells "bmud." But it doesn't seem all that important.

Mr.Magnetichead said:
WRONG!

Lol you call that multiplayer?

Also, there is an entire forum with the subtitle HL2 vs. D3 vs. Halo 2.

Wow

PatPwnt said:
Lol you call that multiplayer?

It was straight up DM action and it was top notch.

Nothing is as satisfying as beting someones skull in with a torch.

Mr.Magnetichead said:
WRONG!

He must have been living on the streets to accept that job.

You want me to write a story involving Mars, flesh eating fatboys, head spiders and rocket mounted demons? For $50??? Throw in a blanket and I'm all yours!!!

halo2? lmao.

take that out of the comparison list plz. Its a crappy console fps. :LOL:

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa!!!!

Poor fool, no wonder there are so many fanboys of doom if they think they will be getting that :upstare:

Halo 2 has low quality normal maps, and its the official FPS of n00bs everywhere.

KingPing_NOR said:
haha....IT IS?! :eek:

and...HAHA you just had to call me an idiot...dident you

Sorry but the existance of these Versus posts pisses me off, I just had to be an asshole!

doom3 isnt even a competitor,wow magic lights.. pff.. its about the gameplay that comes with it.. hl2 will outplay d3 and halo2.. i think stalker is a more formidable foe.

KingPing_NOR said:
haha....IT IS?! :eek:

and...HAHA you just had to call me an idiot...dident you

well yes he did.

I mean seriously..... that just kinda lost your entire arguement right there...

Well, I can see a storm brewing...

In before close! PWNED! :p

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back