Half-Life 3 confirmed and coincidences

yeah digging around in the secret of the oooze. of hl3 atm. was at a home ware store recently 'bunnings' and a gordon freedom was in this isle. it was very accurate, the guy was a staff member....walking about with a crowbar. No! actually just packing container lids methodically. Maybe its freeman on his long down time?

not joking he was exactly even to the height, build, hair style and glasses. and didn't approach him but was sure he was a mute, he was very quiet. it was odd i was looking at containers for like 10 mins, didn't say a word.

Why hasn't anyone accepted its never coming out? Laidlaw retiring should have been in the tell tale sign.

Why hasn't anyone accepted its never coming out? Laidlaw retiring should have been in the tell tale sign.
In my opinion, that has been the only legitimate tell-tale sign that the series could be on an indefinite hiatus - everything before that is bullshit, with more than enough positive evidence suggesting otherwise.

Granted, Laidlaw's departure is one of the biggest possible reasons for me to no longer want another Half-Life game, but time will tell what actually happens.

ok first time slipping into the cosmos to figure this out.. here it goes.

if you dig deep into how Valve operate these days, listen too yanis varoufakis take on them from his time there, at econ talk yanis. search it out. and other interviews of gabe newell. You can clearly understand that they went through a change of policy if you like. Most of which is to them being in every sense of the word, open. as much as possible. Which ultimately leads to bottlenecks, like a government doing its best. but ultimately a tyranny which its people come to revolt against. This isn't a path Valve want. Unlike other game publishers. To be fair they chose to be busy with hardware and alt software. as part of the ever growing steam.

Valve are the grand masters of chess, meaning they are the gods who know all about game development and business they set the bar as high as they want to which all others dance too. (not to be sinister, they are great).

This mostly coming from gabe newell, he cannot control what his employees decide too work on. as from yanis econ talk he said, as you may know at google....employees get to spend 10% of their time working on whatever they want, at Valve that is 100%. I told this to a Network engineering architect professor who's only response, was wow. Wow! and he doesn't say that lightly. It made a impression on him as much as it has on me. Even though the trickle of information flow is obscure but out there.

Will valve release another game? Yes, of course but before that happens, bloody hell is there alot too change and update on. Am very glad a new game was held back, so they can focus on the genius that is steam and collaboration.

Its really about what idea will start something new. Who knows. I am certain the current projectory of a Half-Life 3 story line as we left it, is indeed outdated to them. But still not obsolete and will someday have a use for a story/game, something compelling?

A interesting comparison came to yanis varoufakis via gabe newell by email. "He drew what I thought was a fascinating parallel between the problems they were having at Steam, when different communities of video gamers met one another on that electronic platform and started trading with one another. His fear was that something like the Eurozone would emerge on Steam. That was enough to get my attention."

Interpute this kinda deeply, creditors who continue to deny that their insolvent, ok? Extend and pretend status qou which will ultimately bring down the eurozone. Now Valve, same thing ignore what needs to be done does it have the same outcome? No because Valve created steam and moved forward with it. So when the shocks happen, Valve and steam will survive the maelstrom. One theory, open to many. Its a rubik's cube that keeps shifting but stays the same, i must admit.

We could dig deeper into this 'oooozzeee' but better off to just listen to yanis interviews. Goodnight!

I guess just wait and see.

If your not confused, your not thinking!

Last edited:
Valve are the grand masters of chess, meaning they are the gods who know all about game development and business they set the bar as high as they want to which all others dance too. (not to be sinister, they are great).
I'm sorry, do you need more private time to suck Valve's cock?

Seriously, They are ****ing human beings. Stop putting them on a pedestal that's so damn high.

I sincerely hope you don't take this kind of pathetic attitude into something like politics.

I have my own take on all this that probably more or less mirrors how Nick feels about it but this thread (and topic in general) is too toxic to feel bothered elaborating. At this point all we can do is wait and see. I had unwavering faith until recently that HL3 was being quietly worked on but now that Laidlaw has checked out it seems likely to me that it really is in development hell / limbo / indefinite hiatus, maybe with a few people working on it in a mostly exploratory / discovery sort of sense but I'm starting to doubt there is a concerted and organized effort in building HL3 with a clear path to release in mind.

Luckily as a wizened Valve fanboy I still have all the patience in the world. Maybe we'll get another Half-Life and maybe we won't... getting salty and pissy about it won't help any more than blind faith in Valve as our Lord and Savior or whatever will. Like Nick I am also somewhat alarmed at the idea of Valve making HL3 without Laidlaw's direct oversight and involvement tbh.

Back