Half life 3 trademark was registered 2 days ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not file with the US trademark office? What is the difference between filing date and registration date? Why now?

Probably a safeguard against trolls, kind of like how they've always owned www.half-life3.com, etc, for backup.

wuq8.png
:(

Why not file with the US trademark office? What is the difference between filing date and registration date? Why now?

Probably a safeguard against trolls, kind of like how they've always owned www.half-life3.com, etc, for backup.

I don't know much about trademarks but I think filing them is basically declaring an intent to use them within a certain amount of time (I have no idea what that length of time is) and if you don't there's penalties. Or at the very least you lose the trademark.

Whoop de doo, they might use Half Life 3 in the next five years or pay to file trademark again. Some might be surprised it's coming so soon.

Edit: That being said, ten years ago tomorrow Gabe stopped by to tell us about the leak. Who knows?

I think this is overwhelmingly clear evidence that absolutely nothing is about to happen....

Specifically, once registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office the owner of a trademark is required to file a Section 8 Affidavit of Continuous Use to maintain the registration between the 5th and 6th year anniversaries of the registration of the mark or during the 6-month grace period following the 6th-year anniversary of the registration.[23] Note, if the Section 8 Affidavit is filed during the 6-month grace period additional fees to file the Affidavit with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office will apply

Taken directly from wikipedia... I hope this is allowed to be posted here, and its actually not useless crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back