Half-Life: Instance Zero

Caste, this is just...amazing. One of the most clear and well-written theories among us!
Everything you say is backed up with evidence. Even though I've been playing HL since 1999, I still haven't pieced together every tid-bit of information. Well done, kudos from me.

I did enjoy your linking of the Nihilanth to GLaDOS - I always thought the Nihilanth was sort of left after HL1..
Do keep going. I wouldn't worry about your English grammar. There are a few corrections, but, really, it's not necessary to point them out. We get what you're saying so it's cool. :)
Keep it up!!

Thank you, I appreciate it. I hope many people will know about this and read it. I have the same thread on blackmesasource and facepunch forums, later I will update it. It was very very difficult to write that theory, I was thinking about it and writing for a long time, it was rewritten from the beginning to end many times. The last thing I'm going to do are some fixes and polishing that theory.
The only reason why that theory was borned is when I saw GLaDOS for the first time in the first installment of Portal, I was amazed that GLaDOS has so many similarities with Nihilanth. Everybody knows that VALVe like to use their ideas over and over, then VALVe created GLaDOS and used some ideas taken from Nihilanth, but for me the main goal was to explain from the position of story how that character as GLaDOS can exist in Half-Life Universe, what was a major requisite to create it and so on. I wanted to make that theory fresh and very interesting by adding a Prequel story (that can be about a new player's character, an unknown hero who was in XEN long before Gordon Freeman and took the crystal, after that disappeared at the end of game like other main player characters) and making a link between Nihilanth and GLaDOS, for me this is the most interesting parts in that theory. I want to thank everyone on this forum, you guys helped to make that theory better, I red so many threads here and took some really useful ideas and material.

Nice summary and theory. I especially love the images. The idea that the g-man is trying to stop all parties from progressing in technology is an interesting one and one I hadn't considered and it really makes sense. Mind if I post this on Reddit?

This is awesome, it makes so much sense. After all this time I never knew that the crystal used for the resonance cascade was stolen from Nihilanth's chamber. The link between Nihilanth and GlaDoS is really interesting

This dude should have his own website purely for these fascinating theories o_O
Have you ever thought about like.. writing your own prequel, as you say? :) As a fan-fiction/theory kinda thing?

Nice summary and theory. I especially love the images. The idea that the g-man is trying to stop all parties from progressing in technology is an interesting one and one I hadn't considered and it really makes sense. Mind if I post this on Reddit?

That's right, moreover the main difference between Half-Life and Portal stories is in Half-Life story there is a character who want to stop science [G-Man], in Portal there is a character who always doing science at all costs [GLaDOS], even in the end of coop mode her main quote was "You saved Science".
Post it, go ahead!

This dude should have his own website purely for these fascinating theories o_O
Have you ever thought about like.. writing your own prequel, as you say? :) As a fan-fiction/theory kinda thing?

Of course, but I confined myself to write only this small part of prequel in this theory, to show that HL story has a good plot to make a prequel, I just gave a necessary direction how prequel should be created.

Update:
I just red the theory on reddit.com and people complain about poor reading and grammar. I don't know what to do, maybe someone will help me, who can responsibly and correctly improve/ fix some parts of the theory.

I'd be happy to correct it for you, but, in all honesty, you'll always come across people who can't write properly themselves complaining about your work. If I were you, I'd hold your head up high. These trolls find anything to scrape at. I don't mind constructive critism myself, but you always get those people who whine at you..

Hmm... where might I find the original post? All the responses have made me curious to read this unified theory.

That's quite interesting, this theory gets more and more veiws, constantly increasing even after I decided to delete it, two times already btw.
At some moment I realized that it doesn't work anymore, all these theories, half-life series have a long.... years of history and endless amount of theories, when I hear the word "theory" I feel sick. It's over, it doesn't make anyone.... excited, sure it will open your eyes, and give you broader fresh view on the half-life universe in general. It was an attempt to fill the biggest gap in the entire half-life universe, "the fundamental level". Who knows maybe all that information from breengrub's twitter just could be considered as something fundamental. Take a look at the movie Prometheus, perfect example of the fundamental storyline, "Space Odyssey 2001", and "Mass Effect" saga.
I really hope that J.J. Abrams or Damon Lindelof and VALVe will do the same thing, same as it was done in these movies.

I will restore that theory later, hoping I still have it on my external hard drive lol.

This is awesome, it makes so much sense. After all this time I never knew that the crystal used for the resonance cascade was stolen from Nihilanth's chamber. The link between Nihilanth and GlaDoS is really interesting

i was on drugs when i posted this lol

Back