Half-Life Suggestions

felmane

Reaction score
I think it would be cool if Valve made a Half-life 3, and made it be like the Half-Life series was a simulation.Like, there was a blackout and the simulator broke and you were set loose in Black Mesa (they used the name of their scientific research facilty in the simulation).Then they see you, out of the simulation and they tell you they put you in the simulation because you were very ill and you were always sleeping with no dreams...So they put you in the simulator to keep you from being board(yes, you can get board while sleeping if theres no dreams).And if Valve thinks this is a good idea,if Valve employees are moderators on this forum, email me.

Turn the one of the greatest story(FPS games) in a "Just a dream, Gordon" its a realy stupid idea. Sorry for bad English

I think it would be cool if Valve made a Half-life 3, and made it be like the Half-Life series was a simulation.Like, there was a blackout and the simulator broke and you were set loose in Black Mesa (they used the name of their scientific research facilty in the simulation).Then they see you, out of the simulation and they tell you they put you in the simulation because you were very ill and you were always sleeping with no dreams...So they put you in the simulator to keep you from being board(yes, you can get board while sleeping if theres no dreams).And if Valve thinks this is a good idea,if Valve employees are moderators on this forum, email me.

psyduck.jpg

No offense, but I don't think you're going to get any emails about that one, man. Try again, maybe, but that kind of a twist only ends up pissing people off, because you put so much time into the game, and trying to understand the story, it just seems like a cop-out. It would be like saying, "Yeah, i know it was really good... But it's too hard to keep going now. We'll just make episode two and a half, and then half-life 2.5. GORDON WAKES UP! TADAH! First level, The Awakening!"

See what I'm getting at?

Cause even in real life, when you have dreams like that, and wake up, you're pissed off, cause you can't go back.

Yeah... no.
VALVe are geniuses at storytelling (or Marc Laidlaw is anyway), & exactly how McGooTheWise put it, that would just be a lame excuse for ending the franchise.
Half-Life is the best game series out there (IMO anyway), if it ended like that people (namely; us) would not be happy.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I doubt VALVe will take you up on that idea.

Oh, & welcome to Halflife2.net ... Now pick up that can.

This is not the first thing I want to read on the forums when I get into work! Are you trying to ruin my day?

To put it simply, this idea won't work. It'll disappoint the fans if they learn the entire series was a "simulation" and everything you did was just a part of a test. It's not good storytelling, so think up something else that will actually generate some serious discussion.

You're kidding me right, gaiz? After spending over 40 hours on the Half-Life series, there truly is no better way to end it! What a way to end one of the best FPS series of all time. Frankly, my mind is blown.

I'm very disappoint that you cannot see felmane for the special snowflake his idea is. In fact, if Valve doesn't e-mail him they will be missing the best thing since Marc Laidlaw (sorry, bro).

BTW, it's not a dream. It's a simulation.

You're kidding me right, gaiz? After spending over 40 hours on the Half-Life series, there truly is no better way to end it! What a way to end one of the best FPS series of all time. Frankly, my mind is blown.

I'm very disappoint that you cannot see felmane for the special snowflake his idea is. In fact, if Valve doesn't e-mail him they will be missing the best thing since Marc Laidlaw (sorry, bro).

BTW, it's not a dream. It's a simulation.

I see what you did there.

Btw, it's not a boner, it's stimulation...

Same difference. It's not real, and he's being made to experience it. And if I've been trolled, you can has these candies I was eeting.

Most of the time, I try to have an open mind about this theories and ideas, but your last sentence, about Valve should email you, it stops being fun and starts being embarrassing.

Or is it?

H A L F - L I F E : I N C E P T I O N

Mind = blown.

Don't be too hard on the kid. We all have stupid ideas that we think are awesome till someone else comes along and says "That's not going to work." I was one of those people till I came here, and you guys turned me into an upstanding, self-loathing member of a productive, sociopathic society! :D

I'm past all that now, though. ;)

Most of the time, I try to have an open mind about this theories and ideas, but your last sentence, about Valve should email you, it stops being fun and starts being embarrassing.

Well, I just wanted to give Valve the option just in case they wanted this.

Mind = blown.

Don't be too hard on the kid. We all have stupid ideas that we think are awesome till someone else comes along and says "That's not going to work." I was one of those people till I came here, and you guys turned me into an upstanding, self-loathing member of a productive, sociopathic society! :D

I'm past all that now, though. ;)

Thanks for supporting me.When I was reading all the other posts I was really getting down.But when I read your post, it made me feel a lot better.Thanks again!

Thanks for supporting me.When I was reading all the other posts I was really getting down.But when I read your post, it made me feel a lot better.Thanks again!

Don't feel down! It's inevitable you'll be criticized if you make an unsubstantiated or debatable theory, especially in this part of the forum, but be glad you're not the first, and certainly not the last. Think about your idea first to see if it sounds plausible, and then post it.

By the way, I just watched Family guy's episode 102, and laughed my ass off.

(Stewie's "Kill Lois" simulation.)

Don't feel down! It's inevitable you'll be criticized if you make an unsubstantiated or debatable theory, especially in this part of the forum, but be glad you're not the first, and certainly not the last. Think about your idea first to see if it sounds plausible, and then post it.

I had this idea a couple months ago I just now posted it.

This is one of the dumbest ideas I've heard, ... no offense. Making it simulation, you feel like there's nothing in the game left. Every world you've experienced were not real.

Back