Halflife (1) story

D

dimalife

Hey guys,

never played halflife 1 ( :afro: ), so im curious if there's a page or something which summarizes (as comprehensively as possible) the events of the first half life. I will probably play it once it comes out as :source, but that will only happen after i play hl2. so help help

:p

You could do what I am doing,
Play HL1 Source first.
It would be released at the same time as HL2.
I have already played HL1, but I figured I could do with a refresh myself

Tiddalick said:
You could do what I am doing,
Play HL1 Source first.
It would be released at the same time as HL2.
I have already played HL1, but I figured I could do with a refresh myself

do you think it is physically possible to play hl1 with hl2 (finally) playbe on my hd?

not here buddy :LOL:

I've never played the 1'st one either, but since I have the silver package, I think I might download Half-life in a bit.

anyone who hasn't played HL in the last month should
-beat Half-life
-beat Oppossing Force
-beat Blueshift

if HL2 doesn't comeout for another month, repeat.

blueshift isnt on steam :(

also... valve should release hl:source soon, at least a week before hl2, so people can catch up on the story and such :D

My Advice, don't read another word.

Buy original game.

Lock yourself away in a nice AC'd room with puter, spend appx 1week playing original game. Learn. Nice.

I know, its not going to happen.
Alas.

Basicaly Gordon has a bad day at work, really want all the details rather than playing it?

Crash Happy said:
Basicaly Gordon has a bad day at work, really want all the details rather than playing it?

You know, frankly, i'm not much of a gamer. I don't finish a lot of games, and when i do, it takes me a while. Have been playing medal of honor for a month now, trying to catch up on what the hype was 3 years ago :)

Now halflife is an even older game, so i don't know if i want to spend all this time beating that, too.

so what i'm saying is... This is about the only way to get up to date before playing hl2

Very Quickly:
Gordon Freeman (you) works at Blask Mesa (research facility, top secret ect)

Shit hits the fan-aliens everywhere :smoking: :flame: :sniper:
Soldiers come to silence the scientisit and kill aliens
You shoot them, eventuly you are teleported into Xen and you kill the giant floating baby (their leader) :sniper:

G-man apears and offers you a job.

THE END (or so we thought)

This obviously belongs in the Half Life Source forum.

You really should play through HL1. I know its graphically outdated,. but thats like watching Empire Strikes Back without ever having seen Star Wars.

lol that was a good read ZERO. I needed to catch up on the HL story.

hbegg said:
<snip>
G-man apears and offers you a job.

THE END (or so we thought)

specifically, last line of dialog of HL1...

"Well done Mr. Freeman. I'll see you up ahead."

Dude, you can get HL1 for like $5 now right?

Just enable cheats and God-Mode your way through the game. The experience is worth it. A story doesn't compare to the real deal.

Aceallways said:
anyone who hasn't played HL in the last month should
-beat Half-life
-beat Oppossing Force
-beat Blueshift

if HL2 doesn't comeout for another month, repeat.
You forgot: "Should be beaten themselves" :p

Hah! Might make some of these modern gamers appreciate the classics a bit more :D

Seriously, I can still play HL and its mods and get more enjoyment out of them than the average "proffesional" game. Edge of Darkness, USS Darkstar, Sweet Half-Life... there's a multitude of fantastic single player content available for the game- people should play it instead of wanting summaries!

I once started writing a sort of narrative of the HL (and expansions) story... unfortunately I got bogged down with other work. I later discovered some webpages on which other people had done basically the same thing, though.

I do agree with the general consensus around here though, forget reading about it, find and play the original at all costs, and if you have a chance, the expansion packs as well. Alternatively, play HL:S (before HL2) when it comes out, but I don't see that happening if it arrives at the same time (or later) as HL2.

f1r3b4ll said:
Am i aloud to post a rough storyline for HL1 for htis guy ?
Not if I beat you to it.
Gordon Freeman, Researcher at the Black Mesa Research Facility, Black Mesa, New Mexico, gets to work on a high level experiment doing an analysis of a specimen mineral when something goes wrong. By a freak accident (or maybe not) hundreds of alien creatures appear all over the research facility, and they do not come in peace. Gordon fights his way up to the surface and halfway there he is told the military is coming in to save them all, great!
When Gordon encounters the nice friendly army guys, he discovers they are in fact there to silence all witnesses, especially Freeman seeing as he, ie you, are wearing a Mk IV Hazardous EnVironment protection suit in stylish hospital orange which not only shields you from radiation but also from bullets. You fight you're way through aliens, marines, bigger, badder aliens including a big nostril hair stuck in an rocket engine test lab and an owergrown beetle. Eventually you reach the Lambda complex, from which the BMRF has been sending expeditions into another dimension, Xen. It is from here that these creatures have come from. You are sent in to destroy the biggest, baddest alien you can find and end up encountering a huge walking testicle on four legs, which appearentely is the big momma of all those pesky little headcrabs. You kill it and then go on to meet with an enourmous floating stitched up baby-like alien, which you kill, then a thin guy in a suit that has been following you all day says in bad english that he's got an offer. Work for him or die. If you are smart you go to work and the game fades out to credits and if you are a bank manager you refuse and are left alone with ten or so big badass aliens and no weapons and no where to run.
There ya go...

Back