Halflife 2 makes me SICK!!

vegeta897 said:
Brian already asked that. AND he is foolish because the thread starter already said he tried motion sickness pills.

READ THREAD BEFORE POST PLZ LOL

I did. Dramamine works for me when other sorts don't.

It's 100% Brian D. ENDORSED!

Ueeerh. It's really fascinating how people can get motion sickness. But it makes perfect sense. What is the difference between the light from the real world entering your eyes and the light from the monitor entering your eyes? None.

But, luckily for me, I don't get sick while playing. But I get sick in boats and cars easily :O Can't explain that...

The only way I can get sick in HL2 is by welding a cannister to the airboat sideways and spinning really fast.. I got really sick the first time I tried that :x

I've always imagined that motion sickness comes from a conflict of incoming information between the body's balance centers and its ocular input.

Freyar said:
Radiation as in... Light Energy?

Beta radiation from the CRT's electron gun?

Mrrich said:
Well I waited for years! and its finally here... and I can't play it, so why? is it because my machine is not up to it? no... it runs fine, is it because I don't LIKE the game? no so far its great, then WHY? I'll tell you! don't flame me...

I get motion sick from playing it... If i play for more than 30 minutes i feel nauseus.. any longer and i physically throw up, I got as far as the hoverboat level - and I can't play anymore - other FPS's made me a bit ill after protracted playing - but this is rediculous! I don't get travel sick IRL I can go on boats no problems.

Is anyone else getting this? I fix in the FOV was suggested - but that doesn't help - if anything putting it UP made it worse, I have spent £30 on a game I can't even play - and i can't sell on :( not strictly Valves fault! but am I the only one who suffers from so called "simulator sickness"? I was in the top 10 players of U.T. back in the day.. and now i can't even play my favourite genre of game for fear of throwing up my tea!!

Its a really sad day for me, the day i hang my FPS coat forever...
Where you still called mrrich back then?

I have the same problem. The first time I played for 1 hour, then I felt really bad. Had to run to the toilet and almost threw up. Then I realised that it was the game that made me sick! So, even if I play really slowly and try not to get to involved, or focus to much, I feel sick after 30 minutes. It's good to hear that other have the same problem! This is a reallistic game though!

I haven't read through all the posts so I don't know if anyone suggested this but.. theres a console command so you can play in 3rd person view, but apparently it shows Gordon Freeman just as a blank grey model. Kind of lousy but hey, if it cures your motion sickness, it will be worth it. Find a list of console commands and look for it.

Oh so it actually makes you sick. :O I thought you just hated the game in general...

My dad has a similar problem... Unfortunatly, he's so sensitive to it, he can only play RTS or roleplaying games...

I found when i focused on the gun while turning, it made me feel a little nauseous. Try not to do that.

Frosty288 said:
No he's right, over time if you spend a lot of time on your PC you're bound to get some effects from Radiation. CRT moniters especially, you have a much lower risk using a LCD moniter. That's why you should stay at least an arms length away from your moniter at all times.

Well, sorry, you are right- have not thought about that. But there is no waterproof science on that issue. That is because we are dealing with statistical radiation hazard, not non-statistical.

I recommend putting the mouse filter on and using a lower mouse sensitivity. I've noticed that HL2, compared to other FPS's, has a jittery touch with the mouse. In other games, like Call of Duty, I can have a very high mouse sensitivity, but the screen won't jitter when I rest my hand on the mouse. Not so in HL2.

I think the mouse filtering just isn't strong enough; perhaps a console command can increase its strength.

Try playing with headphones, that should help.

Back