Halflife2.net L4D VERSUS TOURNAMENT - ENTRY *full*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome, welcome to Halflife2.net's L4D Versus League! I will be your host this evening, and my colleague AciD will be assisting me with the creation of our L4D versus tournie!

General Rules:

This tournament will support 8/12 teams, and will be based on the Double-elimination system. (Depending on the amount of people who want to get involved). For those not familiar with this system, there are two brackets, winners and losers:
Round 1
Team A v Team B (A wins)
Team C v Team D (C wins)

Winner bracket - Team A v Team C
Loser bracket - Team B v D

Based on this system, we any losing team will need to lose twice to be eliminated from the competition, giving them a fighting chance.
Teams

The 8/12 teams will each have one team captain. He / She will be the direct contact with myself or AciD for any queries the team have, scheduling or submittal of scores. The main job of the team captain will be to pick a team name and recruit 3 other players to play for their team. We will take applications for team captains, and decide who the most suitable individuals are (based on reliability, maturity and capability) for the job. After this, it is down to the captains to lead their team from the front.

Captains will also be expected to record demo's of their games & submit a screenshot of the final score at the end of the versus game to myself / AciD.

Players: Once captains are selected, players make yourself known to captains if you are available to play for them. Win that place in the team of your choice.

We know occasionally a player will not be able to participate in some games due to other arrangements, and captains may swap in a replacement player (You must notify us first though!). Note this player can be registered to another team, if they are, and play for your team, they cannot play for any other team again in the same round. Any player playing for 2 teams in one round will be cause the 2nd team they play for to automatically lose by default. (and eliminate themselves from playing for any team again)

Servers

We currently have HL2.net server we can use for versus games. This may change in the coming weeks, and we will try keep you updated on any new servers we move to. There are no restrictions on what server teams play on (any public server), assuming it's not riddled with plug-ins and exceptionally laggy for many of the players. Team captains should agree at the start of the campaign.

Campaigns

Currently we only have 2 to play, so round 1 will be No Mercy, winner and losers in round 2 will play Blood Harvest. After this we will come to agreements between teams on the teams would prefer in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Questions

Any questions or queries post them in this thread, or PM / email me / contact me via Steam (I'm usually in the HL2.net Steam chat room).

LASTLY:

1. Please post below if you'd like to be included in this tournament so we can keep an updated list of players in this post.
2. If you'd like to be considered as a team captain please also make this known. (Note if you are not selected as a captain you will still be considered a tournament player)

Captains:
The Brick
Sheepo
Rizzo
Cyberpitz
Koola Mena
Kinslayer
hool10

Players:
Hectic Glenn
AciD
Pesmerga
Ren 182
Reginald
Reflex
RJMC
Eejit
nipples
Sliver
Jintor
giant384
GordonFreeman911
Rico
AmishSlayer
g0d
DigiQ8
Xevrex
Naudian
Kamikazie
TeeSeeOh
taviow
Valcor
Starkilla
PimpinPenguin

I'll be a player. Don't have the facilities to record the round.

Will be getting a new mic before this starts as well so you can all melt at my dulcet tones.

EDIT: Call vote > Kick player > Afnopo > Press F1 to vote Yes

Just so you know, recording a demo through source isn't an intensive process, it's purely 'record demo1' in the console to start recording a small'ish source demo file, not a whole 1 hour video feed ;)

Your stuipid.
Cheers for being annoying, much appreciated.

I want to join but dont know if I could play cuz have lots of stuff to do

I would like to play but I don't feel like reading the details atm.

I'd be willing to join a team if offered sufficient sexual favours.

Okay, I'm in. I'll be captain if no one else wants to be.

Im in. I wish to be captain for my own, one man team.

I'm a playa! Now if I can just get my head out of Eve and somebody messages me.

We need to get people signed up first, and teams put together. So perhaps in 2 weeks time. Also, most matches will be scheduled for weekends, but if some teams want to play other days, we can arrange that at the time.

Oh come on, you know I am going to be in this shit. I'll be a captain also, so I have the best team. Everybody knows whoever is on my team will win.

Oh come on, you know I am going to be in this shit. I'll be a captain also, so I have the best team. Everybody knows whoever is on my team will win.
Not true rager. :LOL: I vote for Pitz to be a coach though.

O hey, I am in.
Feel free to PM/send message on SC with questions since my PC never turns off :p

lol Glenn, I said if no one else wants to be one. If there are more captains than necessary you can go ahead and take me out.

I'll be in, my amazing social life could get in the way, but that won't be a problem, hopefully.

Can I drag people in to play with me

One has a HL2.net account, but he hasn't used it in years; and the other doesn't.

Otherwise stick me on Koola's team, you can't resist that voice.

"Coach"?

Captain you mean? Cause I don't want to sit on the side lines and go "OMG SHOOT HIIIIM!"
Pitz people are scared to fail on your team because you get into the game. :LOL: As in coach it's more like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvS90hMtRVk

AAE71034-03.jpg
mailcall_image.jpg

It's Bill! :O Your great with rushing and generally making people move their butt.

Can I drag people in to play with me

One has a HL2.net account, but he hasn't used it in years; and the other doesn't.

Otherwise stick me on Koola's team, you can't resist that voice.
As I've said to other people who have PMed me, HL2.net community will get priority, but I don't know how the turn out will be. (Might be too many players or not enough!?) Your friend with an account can play, the other one will have to sign up to the forums to put himself into the players list!

Also, Koola hasn't added his name yet :p

Pitz people are scared to fail on your team because you get into the game. :LOL:
It's Bill! :O Your great with rushing and generally making people move their butt.

Lol, yeah...I usually play my best while drunk too, so the closer to the evening we can do this, the better...haha. I'm still trying to figure out my team. I have my idea, but Tav is 100% in it. His ass better sign up.

Count me in as a player. I'll let you guys fight over who gets me.

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait for this to kick in!

Players updated. Need more captains, I know it's early days but who has the balls!?

Also, if there are players you like playing with, direct them here in case they miss the thread. And make that dream team.

I'll play as well. Should be fun.

Wow, players added. We now have enough players to create 6 teams. So need a minimum of 8 extra players.

Also, we only have 4 captain slots currently occupied. If you think you an lead a team to victory infront of the the HL2.net community make yourself known!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back