Halflife2.net Steam Community Chat Room

What do you think of the chat room moderation?

• It's fine, requires no improvements

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • It's OK, needs minor improvements (please post what)

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • It's bad, I want major improvements (please post what)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • It's awful, I don't wish to visit anymore (please post why)

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
I just wanted to get some feedback from everyone who drops by our chat room. All the staff here on the site also help moderate our chat room as well as a couple other guys who help us out.

We try to moderate this room fairly, and obviously the forums rules don't translate in a chat room environment, so things are certainly different. We occasionally have to kick people for spamming or abusive language / racism, those are given, as well as ban for advertising or extreme problems...

HOWEVER. I'm more than aware that we do have issues with abuse. Have you ever been affected by this? Sometimes you might be victim to the 'joke kick' but does this piss you off? Or are you not bothered?

So essentially what I'm asking is, what do you think of the moderation there? What could be improved and irritates you? All feedback is welcome.

Drookles touched my in my forbidden place.

Chatroom is fine as is, fun place to hang out in when there's a lot of people and I've received help on various things from a few members in there too.

Chatroom is fine as is, fun place to hang out in when there's a lot of people and I've received help on various things from a few members in there too.

This.

And what Emp said.

NO MORE MUSIC!
Oh and less kicking outbursts. I don't mind but oh man, that's crazy.

I agree. We all agreed I live in Koola's basement, while Shamrock holds him down and I do him while shamrock does me.

In other words, I'm fine with it. but the chat moves so fast :(

Only while you're there.

Maybe everyone else finds memes, chains and song lyrics in chat teh aweshens fun :rolleyes:

If you're referring to what I think, there was only one point where I felt it had got out of control, and the situation was remedied by Digi.
So, not really, it's all in good humour I think.

Indeed good sir!

I, for one in particular, like being held down and raped by Highlander whilst Shammy does him.

Needs more Kami

I think the chat needs more regular hl2netters

Fiine, I'll get on around 6pm EST. That's 2am for you, little bugger. :p

It pisses me off when I am kicked 'for the lulz' or 'cause I felt like it'.

I don't like it when I enter the room and am given abuse my members (and even some moderators) almost immediately.

Then don't enter the room.

lol.

I've never been kicked for my phishing so I'm damn happy with the level of Moderation. That Joe fella creeps me out though.

Then don't enter the room.

lol.

Most of the time I enjoy it in there, but there are some jerks who make it rather unpleasant. You might as well say that to everyone who has a problem with the room.

Its perfect the way it is. The Xendance kicks only make it more fun.

Needs more people in there. Instate a mandatory rule stating that you MUST be in the chat for at least an hour everyday, or forum bannage. Also, needs more voice chat. Less music blasting.

Edit: Kamikazie and Lucid should be permabanned. Just because.

Oh, you little ******.

So that's what Lucid was talking about. You're getting a cane shoved up your arse. ;)

It's either too busy for me to keep up with while playing a game, or too slow for me to focus completely on. I'm ****ing goldilocks bitch.

Back