Halflife2 Top Bar THINGY!

IchI

Reaction score
well. ye, that thing at the top. I supose u could call it a title. Its only an idea. But why not make a template of it. Then hold a compeition of some sort and get loads of different themes to hl2 and not just xmas. So they u could have like. Heavy metal gordon. Or doctor gordon. Or even poll dancing alyx. Its only an idea. Dunno if it would make the site look a bit imature. But U could like have new ones each week. Would be kewl.

/me shuts up now.

That'd be pretty cool.. although, I kinda like one, unified theme :)

I say if it changes it should be during the holidays. Otherwise leave it as a standard title thingofajigger.

The good thing about this forum now is you can select what skin you want so if you're a good vb skinner and fancy making a halflife2.net design you want to see on these forums post it up in the Art forum and I'll see about adding it if it's any good
Surely it would make sense to do it this way and if people make new top bars they could be implemented as different skins so then you could have a choice which one you wanted to see.

Hazza said:
Surely it would make sense to do it this way and if people make new top bars they could be implemented as different skins so then you could have a choice which one you wanted to see.
Sure.. who's gonna do all that work though :)

I would maybe make a banner but only people without school could have the time to make a good theme.

We could have a banner competition for next weeks art competition? o_O.

tim8604 said:
We could have a banner competition for next weeks art competition? o_O.
Thats a pretty good idea.. See what Rec/Munro/Abom think... If the submissions are good who knows maybe more than one could be used when the forum theme thing takes off

worth a try, no harm if it doesn't work out right :)

If you guys do have a contest for a banner people should probably be notified a little more than a week in advance. I've seen some of the art contest entries, and no offense to anyone, but only about 10% actually seemed like people put any effort into them. And a quality banner would take more time than an art entry.

It would be nice to choose the skin and perhaps that would relate to the top bar thingy.

Back