Halo: Reach announced

Nope. It's the game and the single player fps. The forge and movie/demo mode are so good every fps should adopt something similar.

Other than that it's terrible ;)
Fixed for accuracy.

:p

Im so very hyped. Twice the number of ai and vehicles - it's going to be intense!

In this month's edge they mention some of the new units - the crazy looking Jackals in armour are fast moving flanking units and there's a heavier grunt type. The weapon changes also look nice, particularly the plasma weapons which have had a complete overhaul, hissing as they fly through the air and burn through armour. Equipment is gone and armour augmentation is in - so no more one use items, rather bolt on additions which can be used repeatedly and show up on your character. There's now a short sprint, finishing moves, and health makes a return. Best of all, Elites are back.

Combat re-evolved :sniper:

This is starting to looks really nice. I'm really hoping for a Halo1-->Halo 2 esque jump.

You mean a great big leap backwards? ;)

Dude, forget Reach, why isn't anyone talking about that one dude's beard? He's got a mighty dwarf beard going on, like at any moment he's gonna be like, "Video games?! What the hell are video games?! TO THE MINES!"

Warbie said:
You mean a great big leap backwards?
Why I oughta...

Dude, forget Reach, why isn't anyone talking about that one dude's beard? He's got a mighty dwarf beard going on, like at any moment he's gonna be like, "Video games?! What the hell are video games?! TO THE MINES!"

:)

It is indeed a mighty fine beard.

Why I oughta...
Don't even act like Halo 2 was superior. Only a consumerist would say that!

Every time he came on screen I had to look down the bottom right of the screen to see if it came up with "RESIDENT NECKBEARD" instead of whatever shitty job they gave him.

Also, looks potentially awesome. A Halo game with better graphics, more tuned and open combat, and an actual CAST OF CHARACTERS? Well I ****ing never.

I just realized. Because this based on the fall of Reach there aren't going to be any Brutes! It may be good after all!

Don't even act like Halo 2 was superior.
xm23p0.jpg

Also, looks potentially awesome. A Halo game with better graphics, more tuned and open combat, and an actual CAST OF CHARACTERS? Well I ****ing never.

ODST is a few months old now dude

Oh I just meant that I liked the co-op arenas a lot :p

And he totally mentioned the campaign when he mentioned a cast of characters. ODST, from what I saw of the campaign, was written by a frat house, and I might even rank it as worse than Halo 3 (but I can't because I haven't finished it :p). I always liked the Halo novels more than the in-game stories anyway, and "The Fall of Reach" was especially interesting since it dealt almost entirely with people who were totally peripheral to the games, and were all variously less adept than Master Chief. Halo is much more interesting when the characters aren't superhuman.

And he totally mentioned the campaign when he mentioned a cast of characters..

i'm not gonna jump in and try to say what he may or may not be implying, but personally i can draw a line between writing and gameplay sometimes. the two of them make for the best of the best obviously but then i enjoy fallout 3's gameplay but think it's got some of the worst writing and pacing ever. i can think of a few more examples, but then maybe you don't think the same. that's cool, but moving on.

for the record though, i recommend playing ODST and not going by what you've seen of it. compared to some of halo's ridiculous back and forth pacing and religious mumbo jumbo, ODST is a straight up war story from the boots of a squad of grunts. i wouldn't expect much going in, or at least i don't, and the result is a good action game. because the characters are actually human (i know the chief is, but HE'S MORE MACHINE THAN MAN NOW or whatever) it's got a bit more of an emotional weight too it, esp. towards the end. i liked it a lot. oh and also, everything you like about halo in your last sentence is pretty much what ODST is.

go play it.

I meant that I watched my friend play it for a while. I might pick it up and play through the whole campaign, maybe it just needs some getting into before it's good. On the other hand, I'm not a fan of Halo's actual campaign gameplay since Halo 2, so I don't know if I'd enjoy it either way. But I'll probably give it a try just to make sure.

really bungie, you're really doing this again?

****ing wankers, they should put their misguided talent to something more interesting.

hey tyguy how bout just you ignore it bro

that so hard

i mean really man is it such a problem that the studio that enjoys making halo games is making another game for it's fans who like halo games

i mean really the cheek of it!

hey tyguy how bout just you ignore it bro

that so hard

i mean really man is it such a problem that the studio that enjoys making halo games is making another game for it's fans who like halo games

i mean really the cheek of it!

Oh, look...I stepped on a fanboy. Gross, they're so slimy and smelly. And they always defend the companies behind the games they like. Ugh, I need new shoes.

^see what i did there, i challenged your credibility with my incredibly immature and trite comment. continue fanboyism.

but tyguy i'm posting on a half life 2 forum i like the same games as you bro

;(

then the time has come, pick your side.

the-real-gordon-freeman.JPG

but personally i can draw a line between writing and gameplay sometimes

Same here. I don't actually care about the story in Halo (or that in 99% of video games for that matter) and just want a fps that offers a decent challenge and good gameplay in a single player/co-op campaign. At the moment the only series that does this is Halo.

Ooooooh, that Once More Unto The Breach video a few pages back was sweet. It has me pretty excited about this. One of my favourite things about the first game was the outdoor settings, the lush green open world early on in Halo 1, and this looks like it will have some beautiful outdoor settings. Yay ! Plus it looks damn sexy regardless.

I see what you did there. Nice one :thumbs:

Back