Halo: Reach announced

I like what I see. Let's just hope they make some game modes more similar to the first Halo as well.

I wish it stayed in first person for the assassinations.

invasion isn't horde

it's explained on the bungie site via a link to iup or ign or somewhere. it's 6 v 6 humans vs elites, one defends through tiers of unlocks, vice versa the other on attacking. more shit gets unlocked as each tier progresses.

More attacking/defending gametypes is all good with me. Looking very good so far, especially the loadouts and armour choices.

This is sounding like what I wanted Halo 3 to be.

^ Pretty much. The gun and armor designs look so much nicer, too. I've always loved semi-auto rifles in shooters, so that 10 shot battle rifle is probably gonna be my go-to gun. :3

Indeed. It reminds me of the M14, my favourite rifle from Rainbow Six Raven Shield.

Oh HELL YES I loved that thing. Silence that shit up and go lone wolf on some baddies on an arctic map. Awwww yeeeeaah.

I'm actually really looking forward to Reach. I've never been very impressed with Halo, and 3 was total garbage for me, I found it seriously appalling. But everything I've seen of Reach so far looks like it'll be a certain buy, as long as they don't f-up the campaign like they did in 3.

Ahh, 3 wasn't garbage; I thought it was a blast. It was no Halo: Combat Evolved, but it was definitely a significantly better piece of gaming than the first sequel ever was.

For me, for the second sequel of a game, especially on a new and far more powerful console, not to match the original is terrible (which I found enjoyable but wasn't much more than alright). What I saw in Halo was tremendous potential for something fantastic, which neither of the sequels managed to deliver. I really tried to give Halo 3 a chance. In fact, I tried twice, with a couple of years in between but it completely failed to grab me both times. With 3 I particularly felt that not enough effort had been put into the game; I just knew the whole time playing they could have done so much better. From what I've seen of Reach, there appears to be a decided effort to excel the existing formula, not simply repeat it.

Oh HELL YES I loved that thing. Silence that shit up and go lone wolf on some baddies on an arctic map. Awwww yeeeeaah.
Great, now I'm having nostalgic memories and feeling a powerful desire to reinstall that game. LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE YOU DUMB HAT.

Also... how does this beta actually work? Do you launch it from the ODST disc or something, like with Crackdown and Halo 3?

Yeah. You need the disc in to play I think.

Ahh, 3 wasn't garbage; I thought it was a blast. It was no Halo: Combat Evolved, but it was definitely a significantly better piece of gaming than the first sequel ever was.

23v0ydu.gif

I fully agree with you on this one.

they aren't being serious. it's been a running gag to act that way for quite a while now, evident in most of their videos, weekly updates, podcasts, april fools jokes...

Yeah - it's all tongue in cheek. The beardy guy is great.

If that's tongue in cheek, the Bungie staff deserves a collective Oscar.

but that would involve putting attention towards something that doesn't really matter at all. so game developers are just as excitable and silly as gamers - third world problems right here, breaking news, yadda.

Damn, kinda wish that shit was coming to PC. FPS on consolitis, especially for MP.

Damn, kinda wish that shit was coming to PC

Agreed. I actually prefer Halo single player on a joypad, but would much prefer the multiplayer on the PC. Dedicated servers, decent voice comms, m&k, and because other than TF2 the PC is no longer home to arcady fps. MW2 and BC2 can suck my balls with their semi realism, ironsight, who sees who first wins lottery gameplay.

I'm genuinely still waiting for the PC version of Halo 3. It's not like I believe it will happen, and I'm completely prepared to wait for it, but I am waiting with intent.

Looks like there will be some sort of plasma grenade launcher. I'm all over that one!

yeah the giantbomb one is full of mistakes or idunno's, the luke smith one is much better. guy is hilarious on the bungie podcast.

When I watched it for myself, I was shocked when he couldn't answer the question on whether or not there was dual-wielding in Reach (hint: it's gone).

I watched the video Warbie linked, and so far...I've got to say I actually like a lot of the changes they're making in this game. I'm going to try it out in beta :)

Anyone else in the F&F beta?

Add me: briguy992

Game is incredibly fun. They've made tons of cool changes to the Halo formula to make it feel really refreshed. It will take a while for people to learn how to properly use / counter armor abilities, but it's still really fun.

*Edit* Also, for the love of god, I want it on record that I hate people who play objective-based games as if they are slayer. I hate carrying my team to try to win and all they do is run around and kill and ignore the objectives.

*Edit* Also, for the love of god, I want it on record that I hate people who play objective-based games as if they are slayer. I hate carrying my team to try to win and all they do is run around and kill and ignore the objectives.
Welcome to anonymous servers on consoles. Is there a squad system that nets you bonus points for cooperation? Because that's the only way you'll make those idiots play team-based.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

stormy, ever thoughtful and witty as ever. obviously you too are in the F&F beta then, huh? i mean judging the game right now, three days before it's actually playable, you must be. right?

Back