Hammer Material Problem (Really Annoyg Me!)

Reaction score
Hi,

I am making a map for Counter Strike Source and I am happy making VMT files (using notepad) and VTF files (using NEMS photoshop plugin) and I have created plenty of new materials in the past.

Suddenly I have found a problem where the material doesn't appear correctly. It takes one row of pixels from each edge and stretches them into infinity.

If I apply the material to 'fit' a box say 100 x 100 units all I get is a streaky line. If I then resize the box to the extents of the map I can see my material appearing as it should on one area of the box and then the repeating streak of pixels stretch out from this to the edge of the box.

I am at a complete loss as to why this is happening...

I tried creating a basic material from scratch (plain colour with a few differently coloured blocks) as a test and this appeared fine. When i go back into photoshop, paster the problem material into the test material and re-save the problem appears...?!

ANY ideas?!

Thanks.

Well after hours of frustration, suddenly it works again.

I *think* it's to do with choosing 'save as' instead of 'save' in Photoshop CS3 but don't quote me on that just yet...

Well after hours of frustration, suddenly it works again.

I *think* it's to do with choosing 'save as' instead of 'save' in Photoshop CS3 but don't quote me on that just yet...

Nope, still getting the error randomly...

error.jpg

Back