Hard rain - raining witches

monkeyclass

Reaction score
Well let me explain myself. Whenever a new game comes out I like to play it trough to get a hang on the story, as with the L4d franchises. I play them on single player so I wont have to wait ages for a server with a lobby playing the map I've planned to.

So I had made my way through Dead center, Dark carnival, and swamp fever and the time had come to hard rain. everything going perfect in the first part. Then the second part came along, with a witch waiting a little outside the safe house, thats not unusual, so I went on, unknowing of the AI Directors evil, sinister plan with me (or a bug in his "brain). A minute after the first witch one more apeared, wandering around crying. I choosed to kill it in case it was the witch stalking me. well this is when I somehow pissed of the AI Director. when I came to the construction site (or what ever that ruined big farm house thing is), there were 5 witches inside crying simultaneously, I felt screwed. So I went to the top floor, and my god! It was like the withches fell with the rain, I could count 7 witches in the corn field (or what ever they are), standing before going down the elevator.. That was when I decided that I was'nt man enough for the challenge and quit the campaign. Damn you AI Director!

Man,13 witches.That would be pretty hard.

Awesome. :D

I've only played the campaign on vs, and I only saw 2 witches either way, maybe there are less in the vs campaigns? I don't think we killed any though.

Hard rain is supposed to have tons of witches in the Mill area. I typically see about 6+ in the heart.

I've only played through it once and I saw at least 8 or 9 in that area. It's supposed to be witch-heavy for whatever reason.

I've only played through it once and I saw at least 8 or 9 in that area. It's supposed to be witch-heavy for whatever reason.

Damn, I thought for sure it was a bug ! This could make some interesting game-play. I just don't get it.. why excatly er girls - zombies or not - running around an abandoned mill? does'nt seem like the place ?

Damn, I thought for sure it was a bug ! This could make some interesting game-play. I just don't get it.. why excatly er girls - zombies or not - running around an abandoned mill? does'nt seem like the place ?

And where should they be? It's not like we know where witches like to stay.

It does make for some fun gameplay. I wouldn't think too hard about it though half the time, in both L4D2 and L4D1, the amount and location of the infected makes little sense.

It does make for some fun gameplay. I wouldn't think too hard about it though half the time, in both L4D2 and L4D1, the amount and location of the infected makes little sense.

yeah your right. I just mean, the Liberty mall in dead center would seem more like the place. You know. crying girls going around, screaming, fighting for clothes and that kind of stuff.

The quote from Valve is that the Witches are attracted by the sugar, there is even some ingame Coach dialogue i swear i heard, reguarding the increased level of Witches in the Mill.

That's part of the map. Why? I don't know. I played Hard Rain recently, didn't even finish it and got one witch a minute on that very same level.

On the upside though, lately i've been refusing to crown Witch's since it takes away from the experiance. Well i had a shotgun, full ammo, and i was enjoying, and reenacting, the memories.

I was playing with Pi, dvs and Sheepo yesterday and the first couple of witches I just messed around with and then when I realised how many there were, I was kinda creeped and paid them the respect they deserve.

The sugar atraction thing sounds resonable.. as resonable as a zombie apocolypse goes. I was really blown away by the number of witches, the constant crying from different places you could locate freaked me!

u know what i really want to do? give the witches a hug and then they calm down and befriend you.

Well it's supposed to have a bunch of witches there. There's the achievement for not killing any witches during Sugar Mill.

Strangely, the witches are fairly easy to kill. They seem to be weaker than their L4D counterparts.

Just beat HR w/realism on normal. It was like beating it on campaign on advanced in terms of difficulty. Expert w/realism, that's a worthy goal.

Just beat HR w/realism on normal. It was like beating it on campaign on advanced in terms of difficulty. Expert w/realism, that's a worthy goal.

I also did. I think it's tougher than advanced, probably because we didn't have any defibs for the second map, which is easily the hardest part of the campaign. We restarted it 5 times (once was due to a bug that got me killed in the safe room, though). We didn't restart any of the other maps. The finale is a bit disappointing on normal realism though. It's just easier than the rest of the campaign.

I only saw two witches on that map, both of them in the field.

It's pretty obvious that's part of the level, since in the safehouse before the sugar mill you see a bunch of graffiti saying "The mill is full of witches!", etc. and there's a big wooden sign above the mill's entrance with "Witches here"(or something similar) painted on it.

Just played the campaign again, only 2 witches each way again.

Though I killed 3 survivors with a single jockey at the top of the elevator today :D

Back