Has Half-Life 2 gone Gold?

Reaction score
i heard that it would have 0 bugs on aug 5th... so.... and now? its gold or thay are waiting for cs:s completion b4 releasing?

just 1 more question...

where can i download the hl2 e3 2004 hi-res video? can be the rar or zip version, but not the torrent. i dont have it...

thx...

S-E-A-R-C-H

That link might help you next time, before you start a thread. I'm not trying to yell at you, but I'm trying to save you the humiliation of people flaming at you.

Despite this post, people probably still will...

It's not gold yet. It needs to be submitted to Vivendi and pass various tests for it to be declared gold.

Gabe said that they aren't going to make a release canditate until they have tested the Source Engine, so wait till, there's a few days of testing of CS:S and there are no hardware related bugs reported.

Congratulations, you are the fifth millionth user to ask about the release date! Click here to claim your reward (half-life_2.rar)!

lol u are a retard lol HAIhAIhIAhiAH.. i downloaded the new hl2 bink video... but its too short.. i wanted the e3 hi-res video...

Honestly I think its done theyre just waiting to fix more bugs w/ cs:s, which in turn is making the release date later and later, I hope we see it in about a month or so.

well valve always go quiet on the weekend, anyone would think they were on some sort of national weekly holiday or somthing..

no game, app, or anything will ever have 0 bugs.

P.S. it could be gold but they are hiding it ... no body knows

Lobster said:
well valve always go quiet on the weekend, anyone would think they were on some sort of national weekly holiday or somthing..
Haha. Go figure. :p

Some_God said:
Did they submit to Vivendi yet? :(

Probably not, unless they feel that the CS:S beta is going smooth enough.

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showpost.php?p=574214&postcount=656

ValveInfoThread said:
The release of CS:Source is basically the Source engine plus CS game
code plus the content to play one map (probably de_dust).

The reason we are doing this is primarily to find out what problems
there are with the Source engine when we give it to a couple of hundred
thousand people.

We're doing this before we RC Half-Life 2 to give us time to fix any
issues that surface (e.g. "on this graphics card with this version of
this BIOS and this video adapter the game won't run in widescreen
modes").

You will know its gold when there is 50 threds saying its gold.

Feath said:
It's not gold yet. It needs to be submitted to Vivendi and pass various tests for it to be declared gold.

Gabe said that they aren't going to make a release canditate until they have tested the Source Engine, so wait till, there's a few days of testing of CS:S and there are no hardware related bugs reported.

Yea, and we had good news about that, VALVe posted that they had fewer bugs that they thought they would have, and they even released an update to fix a bunch of them right after they found them. They are on the right track! :thumbs:

Back