HATS HATS HATS

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
I need Halflife2.net's help. Me and Munro have been updating the TF2 section since the recent update to include all unlockable weapon stats, achievements, maps etc.

I want to add a small section for the TF2 hats now available, with a couple in game screenshots of hats in action. Through my travels, I've managed to collect pictures of the following hats below, but I need the rest!

Scout
Soldier
Pyro
Sniper

Or if you have better shots than the ones I've collected, post them too. Cheers for looking.

Attachments

• Spy hat.jpg
    Spy hat.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 493
  • demoman hat.jpg
    demoman hat.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 463
  • Engineer hat.jpg
    Engineer hat.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 484
  • Medic hat.jpg
    Medic hat.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 481
  • Heavy hat.jpg
    Heavy hat.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 458
I have a Scout hat, I'll try to get a pic, or someone else can.

Edit. Here it is, easily the most boring hat out of the bunch.

I didn't manage to get a picture of either, but indeed, the hat in Meet the Sniper is his unlockable. The Pyro's is a child-like hat, i forget the name, it's the little thing with the propeller on the top.

This is what the pyros hat looks like.
535full.jpg

I dont have the hat unlock so I cant screenshot it. I only encounter two players so far that has that hat.

I've seen a few people with the Soldier helmet addon. I'm pretty sure I got a screenshot but I can't find it. I'll have another look and post it if I come across it.

I've seen the scout, spy, heavy, medic and pyro.

I guess the beanie hat is okay....fun in a way, a good statement of jest and mocking of an enemy....still wish it was a firemans helmet though.

Second round of hats have already been spotted in the translation files:

"TF_Scout_Hat_2" "Socks cap"
"TF_Sniper_Hat_2" "Bucket Hat"
"TF_Soldier_Hat_2" "Officer Cap"
"TF_Demo_Hat_2" "Scottish Tam"
"TF_Medic_Hat_2" "Head Mirror"
"TF_Pyro_Hat_2" "Toque Blanche"
"TF_Heavy_Hat_2" "Russian Ushanka"
"TF_Engineer_Hat_2" "Welders Mask"
"TF_Spy_Hat_2" "Groucho Glasses"

I still have none :(

minerg.png

Call me a noob, but do the hats have a specific mechanic for dropping? Or are they just very rare unlocks with the current system?

They are just very rare unlocks. All you can do is play non-stop and hope you get lucky.

We wanted in game screenshots, knucklehead :p

D'oh. Still, they're there if they want them. :p

I managed to get the Soldier and Sniper hats.

*blatant forgeries*

You are dead to me.

"TF_Pyro_Hat_2" "Toque Blanche"

LOl, this would be aweesome to get.

Who's up for medium-well done Scout??.

<heavy> "I vant some rare spy burgers, but make it low fat ones, medic zay I must cut down..."

i was playing balloon race yesterday, and it was probably just my point of view or something, but there was a scout on my boat who looked like he wasn't wearing his normal hat, that cap he always wears, looked like wasn't wearing it. He sure as hell didn't have the earpiece.

Back