Team Fortress 2 Community Contribute Items Added

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
[br]Going back a few months, Valve offered players to opportunity to design new items for the Team Fortress universe (Contribute). As long as the community items maintained the same TF2 style Valve promised rewards for those items which make the grade. These have now been added to TF2.[br]Some of the new hats include the triboniophorus tyrannus for the pyro, the killer's kabuto for the soldier, the hound dog for the heavy, the shooter's sola topi for the sniper and the magistrate's mullet for the spy. Check them out on the TF2 Wiki.
From the implementation of features requested by players and mapmakers, to unique community items given to valuable community contributors, to the purchasing and shipping of popular maps, to the ARG-style product announcement of Portal 2, we've tried to include our players in the ongoing challenge of improving our games and their communities.
TF2 Blog.

The Pain Train needs way more of a handicap in my opinion.
Homewrecker sounds like an okay balance... will it destroy buildings faster than the flamethrower?
Dalokohs bar - I'm not sure I get it.
The hats are all pretty funny. The demoman's hat will be in demand.

Oh man, Hustler's Hallmark is sweeeet...
Still no pirate hat, though.

Months ago:

"We need more ideas for weapons and frivolous items to keep people engaged!"
"Why don't we let the community do our work for us, and frame it like it's a reward if we put their items in-game!"
"You are a goddamned genius."

Yesterday:

"New hats! Useless melee weapon for pyro! Soldier and demo can now count for two people on a cap! Heavy can overheal himself!"
9uvwax.png

In other news, camera beards are now craftable as hats, and you can get the new hats by crafting. Infact, I just got a Hustler's Hallmark.

I met LaroLaro in a GTFO server this evening, he was the creator of the pyro sledgehammer which he was carrying (with sparkles). Doesn't seem particularly effective but it looks the part!

A little bit, he said he originally called it Mr Sledge but they changed the name. Valve didn't contact him about his weapon 'making the grade' it purely appeared in his backpack and as part of this community update. I think only his version will have the TF2 community weapon sparkles.

My housemate created the Engi's "Hot Rod" his has sparkles too.

Camera Beard is a "hat" again... le sigh. At least I have my lvl 100 beard (according to TF2Items.com).

Looks like the community hats have a 'unique' version too.

Anyone care to explain the joke with the candy bar?

I'm not really sure what to make of the weapons...

Man, pain train is some serious shit. At first I thought I had to be holding it to get the bonus, but you just have to have it in your loadout. Almost makes me feel bad on KotH maps.

Almost.

God, this.

I like the drop system because the few times I've ever gotten hats (twice or thrice), it really felt special. Kinda like a lottery. If everyone could get all the hats, instead of them being rare, it'd become boring pretty quick.

Everyone could get all the hats given enough time. A lot of time.

Back